Sony and PD trying to cheat there way to victory lane.

• 72 results
Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Mourne
@Icemael said:
" @Slof said:
Honestly I will get GT5 also.  
 pinicle of racing games.   
 top are hat  
 3 strait high caliber  
 hit or mis   
 basicly fail.  
ost likely   
  Sony and PD are clearly nerves  
intimadated by  
basicly done  
putting polish on the game  
sameway
honeslty  
PD new they were beat  
 clealry delayed  
developement time  
 a complete cheat to victory lane  
 clearly be only becuase  
 dodgeing the match up and realesing  
 on the notion of just bringing it to the table.  
And with 3 strait AAA games"
Your English skills are "basicly fail". "
I really hope that was intentional.
kagekage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By kagekage
@niall077 said:
"

well GT5p was only AA. 

Forza 3 was AAA 

GT5 will be AAAAAAYY 

No Caption Provided

"
kagekage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By kagekage
@HypoXenophobia said:
" This thread is ridiculous. So the guy created an account recently, and his first thread created is a series of inane rambling. Is this normal for gb, I'm somewhat new here. "
Day by day I see this happening more often. Sigh, I wish we could go back to a better time like, 2008 or even EARLY 2008.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By FrankCanada97
Don't argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By narley
@Slof: 

Lol. So, by your logic, the guys that made Forza beat the ones that made GranT for ps1 and cheated their way to victory by waiting for better technology to come out, learning new programing tricks, and even waitin for some better cars to come out, all so they could 1up the Gran Turismo team in every way. 

You sir, need to go back to your console of choice, start an online match, put on your head set, and say all your wierd ideas out loud there. That way, the 12 year olds that will play with you, wont be able to debate your arguments, and you'll feel like your right. Although they might turn to name calling, lol.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By crunchUK

The question isn't about which is better, it's about how there have been 2 forza games in the space of zero GT games.

SILIK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SILIK
@crunchUK: Actually all three Forza games have been released between GT4 and GT5 :D
tacoMOOSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By tacoMOOSE

Your entire post was kinda shitty. Just sayin.
randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By randiolo
@niall077: funniest thing iv seen in decades.

what does Ryan have to say about this thread.... 

No Caption Provided

...........well said sir.

Slof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Slof
@SILIK said:
" @crunchUK: Actually all three Forza games have been released between GT4 and GT5 :D "

This is most of my point. PD is without question very intimadated bt Turn 10 skills as a race sim developer. PD is just scared to release there work head to head so they dodge around Forza games to there benifit and copy and keep refining things in GT to try to be as good as a Forza game.
SILIK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SILIK

@Slof said:

" @SILIK said:

" @crunchUK: Actually all three Forza games have been released between GT4 and GT5 :D "

This is most of my point. PD is without question very intimadated bt Turn 10 skills as a race sim developer. PD is just scared to release there work head to head so they dodge around Forza games to there benifit and copy and keep refining things in GT to try to be as good as a Forza game. "
:D

Argument of the Year :D.

Or maybe...shhhh...quiet now...maybe they as perfectionist want's to make as perfect game as possible :O...Crazy...I know!

Seriously dude :D. I've been trying to explain you, at least I think, how things work in Planet Earth. But noooo...

Seriously...you need a reality check.

I recommend that you check out how things work in game development.

For starters I can recommend you Pelaajacast episode 28. It's in Finnish, at first. But after 1 hour and 9 minutes it is in english. The disgussion is between game journalist and Krome Studios game developer Cameron Davis. There's some pretty interesting stuff how game development actually works.

I really hope you listen it and find out what it's actually happening between the announcement and the final product. And I hope you'll actually get interested to learn more...

But anyways...you can find it from iTunes as Pelaajacast and Pelaajacast 28...

And here's the direct download: 

http://www.pelaajalehti.com/wordpress/wp-content/2009/Pelaajacast/Pelaajacast_028_syyskuu.mp3 (just click "Save as...")
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By TheHBK
@get2sammyb said:
" What the hell. Dude? They're holding GT back because they want to make it better. Yes, it's taking them a ridiculous amount of time, but whatever. It has nothing to do with the strengths of the Forza brand or anything else for that matter. "
I just think this speaks to how crappy the PD team is or that Yamauchi sucks ass too.  Seriously, 5 years between GT4 and GT5?  All the forza games came out!  I dont know how good GT5 will be, but Forza 3 has done some great things with the gameplay.  Playing the game is amazing.   What has me on PDs case is the damage modeling wont be there 100%, and it doesnt have to just to do with the physical cosmetic but no internal damage.  How can they have NASCAR in the game but no tire wear?
I think for me its the fact that they put so much emphasis on the number of cars they have but so many are repeats.  Or that GT4 didn't have online play and they had promised it the whole time and then just put out a different version of the game for online only.  There was a discussion on the bombcast a few weeks ago about how these Japanese developers just have no idea how to make a good online game, as if they ignore the progress made and just keep making online modes as if they were from 2002.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By get2sammyb
@TheHBK said:
" @get2sammyb said:
" What the hell. Dude? They're holding GT back because they want to make it better. Yes, it's taking them a ridiculous amount of time, but whatever. It has nothing to do with the strengths of the Forza brand or anything else for that matter. "
I just think this speaks to how crappy the PD team is or that Yamauchi sucks ass too.  Seriously, 5 years between GT4 and GT5?  All the forza games came out!  I dont know how good GT5 will be, but Forza 3 has done some great things with the gameplay.  Playing the game is amazing.   What has me on PDs case is the damage modeling wont be there 100%, and it doesnt have to just to do with the physical cosmetic but no internal damage.  How can they have NASCAR in the game but no tire wear? I think for me its the fact that they put so much emphasis on the number of cars they have but so many are repeats.  Or that GT4 didn't have online play and they had promised it the whole time and then just put out a different version of the game for online only.  There was a discussion on the bombcast a few weeks ago about how these Japanese developers just have no idea how to make a good online game, as if they ignore the progress made and just keep making online modes as if they were from 2002. "
You've played the finished Gran Turismo 5 and know exactly what modes it will/won't have and exactly how it will play?

Let's reserve our judgement until there's a finished product on store shelves shall we? I'm not saying I don't disagree with some of the points you make, but at this point GT5 is still very much a work in progress so we can't critique the features it will or won't have.
Slof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Slof
@SILIK said:
@Slof said:

" @SILIK said:

This is most of my point. PD is without question very intimadated bt Turn 10 skills as a race sim developer. PD is just scared to release there work head to head so they dodge around Forza games to there benifit and copy and keep refining things in GT to try to be as good as a Forza game. "
:D

Argument of the Year :D.

Or maybe...shhhh...quiet now...maybe they as perfectionist want's to make as perfect game as possible :O...Crazy...I know!

Seriously dude :D. I've been trying to explain you, at least I think, how things work in Planet Earth. But noooo...

Seriously...you need a reality check.

I recommend that you check out how things work in game development.

For starters I can recommend you Pelaajacast episode 28. It's in Finnish, at first. But after 1 hour and 9 minutes it is in english. The disgussion is between game journalist and Krome Studios game developer Cameron Davis. There's some pretty interesting stuff how game development actually works.

I really hope you listen it and find out what it's actually happening between the announcement and the final product. And I hope you'll actually get interested to learn more...

But anyways...you can find it from iTunes as Pelaajacast and Pelaajacast 28...

And here's the direct download: 

http://www.pelaajalehti.com/wordpress/wp-content/2009/Pelaajacast/Pelaajacast_028_syyskuu.mp3 (just click "Save as...") "

Ok my point is 

Forza 1 Score 9.2 release May,3rd 05 
Forza 2 Score 9.2 Release Oct,29,07 
Forza 3 score 9.5 release Oct,27 09 

GT 1 realesd 1998 Score 8.6
GT 2 released 1999 Score 8.5 
GT 3 released 2001 score 9.4 
2 GT concept games in 2002 
GT4 Feb, 05 Score 8.9 

You see PD used to not take this long at all. Beucase they new they were the only real game in the industry so they thought they were the best. Look at GT1 and GT 2. GT2 was a HUGE game and came on 2 disk, Hmmm starnge they released that only a year after GT 1 

Now we look at 2005 Turn 10 jumps on the seen and Forza destroys GT. And we say Hmm ok maybe Turn 10 got lucky? Well Hmmm Forza 2 and Forza 3 drop. No not luck Turn 10 is amazing and the champs for sure. YES PD has been intimadated spin it how anyone wants. Turn 10 took PD's man hood and PD has been in a cave for years now beating each other with clubs over the head.  

Also look at how GT 3 came out only 2 years later after GT 2. Hmmmm yeah anyone that even think PD is not intimadated by Turn 10 is crazy, They clearly are and have dodge the Forza games head to head for 5+ years now.
Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By DragoonKain1687
@get2sammyb said:
Actually, GT 5 has now, just now taken a bit more to be released than GT 4. 
People talk about GT 5P because its on the PS3. Nobody ever knew that Prologues existed before that. 

Man, I sure hope that the TC was out of his med.

Also, custom track editor confirmed for GT apparently. Abu Dhabi? local courses of your respective country? Mario Kart stages? All is possible now.
SILIK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SILIK

What are you trying to say? Are you trying to say that Forza 1 is better than GT1? You know that GT1 greated the markets? And Forza 1 came 7 years later? Or what? That after GT4 Forza has dominated? Surely not...because GT 3 reviewed better than Forza and Forza 2...but you didn't want to bring that up, didn't you? Because that would mean that game that was released in 2001 would be better than game that was released in 2007. Man...that's just crazy...of course, we will disrecard all the mentioned before. Because you want to say that "PD is scared of Turn 10". And that's why PD postponed they're game. Actually...why release the game...it they're scared. They could propably just do car commercials...Hmm...

What? What you said?...GT5 might have track editor?: http://e4g.info/1886/gran-turismo-5-track-editor-confirmed-by-polyphony-digital.html ...man that's crazy...

But anyways...I always prefer decal editor.

Slof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Slof
@SILIK said:
"What are you trying to say? Are you trying to say that Forza 1 is better than GT1? You know that GT1 greated the markets? And Forza 1 came 7 years later? Or what? That after GT4 Forza has dominated? Surely not...because GT 3 reviewed better than Forza and Forza 2...but you didn't want to bring that up, didn't you? Because that would mean that game that was released in 2001 would be better than game that was released in 2007. Man...that's just crazy...of course, we will disrecard all the mentioned before. Because you want to say that "PD is scared of Turn 10". And that's why PD postponed they're game. Actually...why release the game...it they're scared. They could propably just do car commercials...Hmm...

What? What you said?...GT5 might have track editor?: http://e4g.info/1886/gran-turismo-5-track-editor-confirmed-by-polyphony-digital.html ...man that's crazy...  But anyways...I always prefer decal editor. "

PGR3 had a track editor. Honestly don't expecty much from this feature. It is only going to be a change the track layout on exiting track levels. Not a big deal really.

Slof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Slof

Oh also I'm very aware of all the Prologe game GT has had. PD also released several Concept games in between the 1-2 year spans of GT 1-GT2-GT3. It's only after Forza came out in 2005 that all the sudden PD development cycles has come to a screatching halt. LOL yes they are intimadated no spin control can chage this the wrighting is on the wall.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Slof said:
" Oh also I'm very aware of all the Prologe game GT has had. PD also released several Concept games in between the 1-2 year spans of GT 1-GT2-GT3. It's only after Forza came out in 2005 that all the sudden PD development cycles has come to a screatching halt. LOL yes they are intimadated no spin control can chage this the wrighting is on the wall. "
So...what do you want us to do? Considering the fact that you already answered your own question in the first comment I see no point in drilling your opinion into everyone else.
Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ChickenPants

1. They are not cheating at anything.Blizzard take a hell of a long time to release their games, are they cheating?No. They're just taking as long as they want to iterate on them because they can afford to, like Sony and PD in this case.
2.Things like A,AA and AAA don't actually mean anything.They're just made up by publishers to try and hype their games because they know stupid people(mostly fanboys) will go insane if Sony,Microsoft or Nintendo say something like that they have an ''EXCLUSIVE AAA GAME COMING!!!''
3. I hope you're a troll.

@EVO said:

" Keep that AAA shit to System Wars. This is Giant Bomb. We don't give a fuck about scores. "

This should seriously be Giant Bomb's mantra/slogan.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By PureRok
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#72  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Slof said:
" @SILIK said:
"What are you trying to say? Are you trying to say that Forza 1 is better than GT1? You know that GT1 greated the markets? And Forza 1 came 7 years later? Or what? That after GT4 Forza has dominated? Surely not...because GT 3 reviewed better than Forza and Forza 2...but you didn't want to bring that up, didn't you? Because that would mean that game that was released in 2001 would be better than game that was released in 2007. Man...that's just crazy...of course, we will disrecard all the mentioned before. Because you want to say that "PD is scared of Turn 10". And that's why PD postponed they're game. Actually...why release the game...it they're scared. They could propably just do car commercials...Hmm...

What? What you said?...GT5 might have track editor?: http://e4g.info/1886/gran-turismo-5-track-editor-confirmed-by-polyphony-digital.html ...man that's crazy...  But anyways...I always prefer decal editor. "

PGR3 had a track editor. Honestly don't expecty much from this feature. It is only going to be a change the track layout on exiting track levels. Not a big deal really."

And you know this how?
Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Quacktastic

Turn10: We're the "definitive" racer.
Every sane person: What about Gran Turis
Turn10: DEFINITIVE!

Press:  Hey, popular game developer that does whatever it wants, when does your next game come out?
Studio that doesn't give a fuck:  When it comes out.