• 101 results
#51 Posted by mnzy (2915 posts) -

They don't need to give Europeans anything, they like Playstation already!

#52 Posted by aurahack (2278 posts) -

Curious to know if I got the message myself but hnggg.... That means plugging in my PlayStation 3 to find out. :/

#53 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19367 posts) -

@kidavenger said:

PSN had a promo in January, spend $50, get a $10 credit, they've done it the last couple of months.

Yeah, but this isn't related to that because I did not spend any money on PSN in January. Only PSN promo I participated in was the spend $100 and receive $20 back of last year, and I doubt everyone who's received it has participated in them.

@aurahack said:

Curious to know if I got the message myself but hnggg.... That means plugging in my PlayStation 3 to find out. :/

Haha, well doesn't that mean by itself that you probably didn't get one?

#54 Posted by TooWalrus (13232 posts) -

Ugh, of course this has to happen when I'm at college, and can't check my PS3!

Oh well.

Yeah, same, I'll be here for at least... ugh, like 5 hours.

@extreme_popcorn: I highly doubt that, I guarantee free online was a huge selling point of the PS3 and a reason why the PS3 has now outsold the 360.

Wait, did that happen?

#55 Posted by ESREVER (2700 posts) -

They sent my $10 to my Master Account instead of my regular account I use. Which is fine with me...

#56 Posted by djou (877 posts) -

Call me cynical, but it sounds like Sony is buttering up its pay-user for some type of bad news that all their online services are going up behind a paywall. For some reason I can't imagine a big multinational company charitably giving out millions of dollars of credits for "loyalty". I've been a PS+ subscriber for two years and just renewed for a third and I didn't get me loyalty credits.

#57 Posted by probablytuna (3724 posts) -

Nothing for HK region either.

#58 Edited by Vanek (383 posts) -

I really would love to know what makes someone loyal in the eyes of Sony. I bought my PS3 in the first year of its launch and bought a ton of stuff yet I'm apparently not loyal enough?

... Wait, sorry, I forgot that I'm in the UK not the US. If this turns out to be a US only thing it's kinda a dick move.

#59 Posted by Carousel (418 posts) -

I haven't checked to see if I got this $10 yet, but a few months ago they gave me $20 in credit because I was "one of the most active users of digital downloads" or something like that.

#60 Posted by falserelic (5461 posts) -

I'm going to use those 10 bucks for Vergil's Downfall DLC next week.

#61 Posted by Tearhead (2177 posts) -

@djou said:

For some reason I can't imagine a big multinational company charitably giving out millions of dollars of credits for "loyalty".

It's credit which costs them nothing to give us. Amazon does this all the time, so is it really that hard to imagine?

#62 Posted by jking47 (1215 posts) -

I have not gotten it yet, but I fucking better. I have a vita and ps3, have been a plus member for a very long time now, and buy a ton of stuff on the store. I WANT MY $10 DAMMIT!

#63 Edited by MikeJFlick (443 posts) -

@mooseymcman said:

Ugh, of course this has to happen when I'm at college, and can't check my PS3!

Oh well.

Yeah, same, I'll be here for at least... ugh, like 5 hours.

@mikejflick said:

@extreme_popcorn: I highly doubt that, I guarantee free online was a huge selling point of the PS3 and a reason why the PS3 has now outsold the 360.

Wait, did that happen?

Yeah, late last year Sony finally caught up in the year advantage Microsoft had in numbers. 77 million ps3's to 76 million 360's, I believe in the US, 360 still has a advantage in units sold but the ps3 dominates the European and Asian market.

#64 Edited by crusader8463 (14423 posts) -

I hope it's not based on buying stuff from PSN as I have never spent a dime despite now buying a PS3 three time over since they came out. If that's not loyalty to a platform I don't know what is. Hell! I even bought a PSP and a Vita and no one bought those.

Did you get that via email as well or do you only see it by logging into your PS3?

EDIT: Just checked and there was no message. Guess I'm not loyal enough to appease the Sony Gods for their blessing.

#65 Posted by Levius (1169 posts) -

Man it would sure be sweet to get £10 over here in UK given the ridiculous sale on Darksiders 2 at the moment.

#66 Posted by mikey87144 (1797 posts) -

I got it this morning thinking it was a phishing scheme to but I clicked the link and with no fuss $10 was added to my account. Not sure what makes me loyal, (maybe cause I'm a ps+ subsciber...), but free money.

#67 Posted by mikey87144 (1797 posts) -

@djou said:

Call me cynical, but it sounds like Sony is buttering up its pay-user for some type of bad news that all their online services are going up behind a paywall. For some reason I can't imagine a big multinational company charitably giving out millions of dollars of credits for "loyalty". I've been a PS+ subscriber for two years and just renewed for a third and I didn't get me loyalty credits.

They started giving this away last week so it's possible they didn't get to you yet. Plus it's North America only right now apparently.

#68 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

@mikejflick: Those figures about the PS3 outselling the 360 were iffy, the company who released the figures have a history of being shit and someone of NeoGaf made a long post about how they weren't tracking sales figures but units shipped and how even those figures didn't add up.

Anyway, that's not my point. The reason the PS3 has had a late surge in my opinion is more down to better exclusives than free online, I mean look how many people bought the 360 during the Black Friday weekend and they'd have to pay for Live.

It might have been a huge selling point when the PS3 was released so long after the 360 but this time you'd imagine the release dates will be much closer and Sony will be confident, and rightly so, that many of the people who will be buying this system on day 1 care more about good exclusive titles and a powerful machine than paying for online.

#69 Posted by Berserker976 (369 posts) -

I'm definitely confused about the criteria; I wonder if they're going out in waves?

I didn't get one and I had a PS3 almost from day one, got PS+ day one, and I've spent a ton of money on the PS store.

#70 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

Got mine. What are y'all buying with it? I think I'm going to wait for something good to go on sale.

#71 Posted by djou (877 posts) -

@mikey87144: I didn't check my account for the past few days but maybe. I am in NA. The metric for loyalty seems ambiguous. Besides being a long time subscriber, I am even the sucker that uses the PS credit card.

@tearhead: Amazon offers those credits to entice users to buy more stuff. They are the equivalent of an online big box store. There's also a clear motivation behind their offers, preorder Game X, get $20 in promo credit. Buy Game Y, get $5 off an editor's choice game. Its never an out of the blue, you're a loyal Prime user so you're getting free credit that you'll probably already spend because you buy stuff all the time.

I have a wait-and-see attitude, if they announce changes in their services with the PS4 and that put some of the gratis services behind a paywall, then I can understand how they want to get out in front of the public outrage with a bribe.

#72 Edited by kpaadet (410 posts) -

@crusader8463: Wait, no one bought a PSP? I could have sworn it sold like 70+ mil.

Anyway, I assume this is a NA promotion and EU is once again left in the cold...

#73 Posted by gkhan (462 posts) -

@tearhead said:

@djou said:

For some reason I can't imagine a big multinational company charitably giving out millions of dollars of credits for "loyalty".

It's credit which costs them nothing to give us. Amazon does this all the time, so is it really that hard to imagine?

It absolutely costs them money to do this. If you use that ten dollars to buy a product, some percentage of that goes to the publisher of the game, and even if that percentage is modest, ten bucks for ever North American PS3 user is still a significant amount of money. If they only had Sony published games on the store it would be free for them, but it isn't now.

Lets do some pretend math: they have, what, 15-20 million North American users? Assuming they're giving this to everybody there, that's something like 150 million dollars in store credit. Pulling a number out of my ass, lets say 50% of that either goes unused or is payed directly back to Sony. That's a lot of money to spend on a loyalty program. To put it in terms Giant Bombers understand: that's 75 million bucks.

#74 Posted by Bucketdeth (8023 posts) -

Got mine a few hours, pretty awesome of them.

#75 Posted by Pr1mus (3949 posts) -

Nothing yet:(

I would totally buy 2 more FF games while the sale is still going.

#76 Posted by Yummylee (22039 posts) -

Not to me they didn't! But apparently European users are once again getting the shaft? Fucking ridiculous considering how much more popular the PlayStation brand is over here.

#77 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19367 posts) -

@yummylee said:

Not to me they didn't! But apparently European users are once again getting the shaft? Fucking ridiculous considering how much more popular the PlayStation brand is over here.

Europe consistently gets better content from PS+.

#78 Posted by MikeJFlick (443 posts) -

@extreme_popcorn said:

@mikejflick: Those figures about the PS3 outselling the 360 were iffy, the company who released the figures have a history of being shit and someone of NeoGaf made a long post about how they weren't tracking sales figures but units shipped and how even those figures didn't add up.

Anyway, that's not my point. The reason the PS3 has had a late surge in my opinion is more down to better exclusives than free online, I mean look how many people bought the 360 during the Black Friday weekend and they'd have to pay for Live.

It might have been a huge selling point when the PS3 was released so long after the 360 but this time you'd imagine the release dates will be much closer and Sony will be confident, and rightly so, that many of the people who will be buying this system on day 1 care more about good exclusive titles and a powerful machine than paying for online.

Sorry but there's no reason to discredit current figures we know, because of "someone from NeoGaf" and "iffy company", as for exclusives? If the numbers are wrong, then exclusives shouldn't mean anything should it not? You can't have it both ways either sony is leading because of exclusives or it's not winning and online pay to play has nothing to do with it.

#79 Posted by Yummylee (22039 posts) -

@yummylee said:

Europe consistently gets better content from PS+.

Howdya mean? Better games? Because that would obviously be subjective, and most of the games they rent you for free are ones that I already own. I'm not a PS+ member anywhoo because I rarely ever have any space left on my PS3. It's only a 120GB slim and I've been constantly having to delete stuff so as to fit in more stuff. Not like I'm trying to blame that on SCEE, just explaining why any such PS+ bonuses don't count for very much with me.

Besides that, the PS store always updates a day later and even then it's like at around 4-5pm. Plus you've got situations like TWD episodes, where I think it was episode 3 that was delayed by two weeks for European PS3 customers. Every other episode besides was still released at least like 3-4 days later, too. And they never released the Uncharted 2 GOTY Edition nor that Journey Collection pack over here, either.

#80 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4415 posts) -

I'll actually play Journey now if I end up getting one.

#81 Edited by IrrelevantJohn (1083 posts) -

I just got it this morning and it's awesome! I hear it might just be the amount you have spent on the PSN store.

#82 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19367 posts) -

@yummylee: I don't know about everything else, but it's been universally recognized that Europe has received better PS+ content than North America, so it's not a minority opinion. PSN for NA also has its fair share of problems but from what you're stating, yeah, it does seem that Europe has had plenty of trouble.

I just got it this morning and it's awesome! I hear it might just be the amount you have spent on the PSN store.

That's not it. There are people like DarthOrange on the last page who state they've bought plenty on PSN and haven't received anything.

#83 Posted by awesomeusername (4207 posts) -

@mylifeforaiur: No one knows. But everyone's guessing you have to spend a lot of money on the PS Store.

@happenstance: @dacnomaniac: @gs_dan: @wraxend: I'm sure it's an NA only thing. Sorry duders. At least you guys got Sleepy Dawgs on PS+. (Awkward thumbs up)

@sooty:You have to be on a PS3 to receive it. I have both a Vita & PS3 and only received it on my PS3.

PSN had a promo in January, spend $50, get a $10 credit, they've done it the last couple of months.

They did? Well, this still isn't the case because I didn't spend $50 on January and if you read the message, it says we received it for being a loyal customer. Not because of a promotion.

#84 Edited by Vonocourt (2140 posts) -

Hope there sending out in waves, cause I've had a playstation since '07 and haven't received a message.

#85 Posted by 49th (2783 posts) -

Please may I have free money, Sony Europe? Thanks :)

#86 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

I don't know what counts as "loyal" because I didn't get one on my profile but I checked my dad's profile and he got it. My dad has never used the PS3.

#87 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

@mikejflick: The 'iffy company' was the company who released their figures claiming that the PS3 had overtaken the 360 in units sold. It's the company that every news outlet used as a basis for their stories about the PS3 over taking the 360. And those figures were for units shipped, not sold.

The numbers being wrong has nothing to do with the fact the main strength of the PS3 late in this cycle is the quality of it's exclusive titles.

#88 Posted by MikeJFlick (443 posts) -

@mikejflick: The 'iffy company' was the company who released their figures claiming that the PS3 had overtaken the 360 in units sold. It's the company that every news outlet used as a basis for their stories about the PS3 over taking the 360. And those figures were for units shipped, not sold.

The numbers being wrong has nothing to do with the fact the main strength of the PS3 late in this cycle is the quality of it's exclusive titles.

And do you have articles that have facts to counter their figures? if not then that "iffy company" isn't so iffy, but with that said we can do some deductive reasoning and remove a few million units that Xbox has linked to being sold with units being replaced due to hardware failures if we really want to get into shenanigans, as for the strength of the PS3, we do not know why the PS3 has "sold" more units, it's easy to believe that not paying for service that doesn't offer anything is good reason you must atleast admit though.

#89 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5705 posts) -

Nada here, though my PS+ sub ran out two days ago. Apart from that I've bought a few months of mlb tv, Assassin's Creed 3, Vagrant Story, God Hand, and Symphony of the Night (alongside some small amount of DLC).

#90 Edited by Demoskinos (15009 posts) -

So here is my new theory which will most likely be quickly debunked. When you sign up for an account they ask you if you want to receive "special offers" from Playstation. Which is usually marketing related stuff but I wonder if the people who got the cash are the ones who gave their permission to be marketed to?

#91 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3190 posts) -

How cool is that?

#92 Edited by thatdutchguy (1273 posts) -

Must be an american thing ... i got jack shit

#93 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

@extreme_popcorn said:

And do you have articles that have facts to counter their figures? if not then that "iffy company" isn't so iffy, but with that said we can do some deductive reasoning and remove a few million units that Xbox has linked to being sold with units being replaced due to hardware failures if we really want to get into shenanigans, as for the strength of the PS3, we do not know why the PS3 has "sold" more units, it's easy to believe that not paying for service that doesn't offer anything is good reason you must atleast admit though.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507950

That is the thread with the analysis of their numbers, which while it doesn't make any definitive conclusions, it offers some pretty strong arguments about why their number are wrong.

The company also has a history of wildly exaggerating predicted sales, it did it for the Windows Phone, their infamous predictions for hardware sales this generation and predicting 50m+ Wii U sales in 3 years.

But we are getting away from my original point that Sony will charge for online this generation. They haven't released the number of people that pay for PS+ but are 'really proud of the number' which could just be PR but my money is on it because quite a big number. This coupled with the number of PS3's the are actively online which they claim to be 70% using PSN at least once a week means they probably already have a very nice revenue stream coming in from the PS+ money, their customers have shown they will pay for a good online service just like people pay for Xbox Live. Why wouldn't they want to expand this revenue by putting online MP or certain online services like Netflix or Hulu behind a paywall like Xbox Live Gold?

The people who will buy the new PS4 in the first year are the people who play a lot and most likely pay for PS+, why would it put them off buying a PS4 that has a Xbox Live Gold style paywall when they are already paying for PS+?

#94 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (190 posts) -

Well I just got mine yesterday and spent it on Skyrim Hearth Fire. Very nice Sony, thank you!

#95 Posted by LiquidPrince (16003 posts) -

I should probably check...

#96 Posted by rentacop (107 posts) -

Checked and... nothing. :(

At a risk of sounding butthurt, I really think they should have made the criteria clear (unless they did and I missed it) as there seem to be people on GAF and other forums with 50+ plats who didn't qualify so far.

#97 Edited by jking47 (1215 posts) -

Just got a message with 10 bucks credit, woohoo! I guess they send them out in waves?

Now I gotta figure out what to buy with it...

#98 Edited by MightyDuck (1523 posts) -

Still curious what the requirements for this were. I've been around since the first Playstation. Oh well.

#99 Edited by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Sony is so mean, I want free money too. I am highly offended by this.

Edit: Oh it's actually US only? Now I actually am kind of offended.

#100 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19367 posts) -

@azteck said:

Sony is so mean, I want free money too. I am highly offended by this.

Edit: Oh it's actually US only? Now I actually am kind of offended.

It's not. I live in Canada and I got it.