Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By shinigami420

So lulzsec just realesed released the PSN Developer Network source code

Sony needs to get their shit together and work on their Security

Sony pictures russia and sony music brazil was also hacked some days ago

So why are sony so fucking terrible at internet security?

No Caption Provided
jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jking47

More proof than a file named scedev.rar please?

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By shinigami420

@jking47: Maby look at their twitter

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jking47
@shinigami420: well shit. I stand corrected. 

EDIT: Wait, nevermind. Sony twitter only has a post about Sony Pictures getting breached, nothing about dev network code.  
And didn't they just rebuild the network code?
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JasonR86

I hope every one of these fuckers go to jail for a long, long time.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Not this agin. I'm so sick about hearing about the same thing agin and agin.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

I wish they would stop. It's starting to hurt the consumers more than Sony themselves. Now will developers be more cautious to develop for PSN?

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By cookiemonster

Or maybe lulzsec should stop hacking them.

Xdsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Xdsk

great ¬¬

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AnimZero said:

I wish they would stop. It's starting to hurt the consumers more than Sony themselves. 

That ^
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Slaker117
@CookieMonster said:
It's not like Sony is powerless. The hackers are clearly in the wrong, but some amount of burden falls on the victim to do their best not to be victimized, especially when they are a multinational corporation.
PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Sucks for Sony because they can't afford to simply close shop for a month while tightening security on all their branches, yet they'll probably loose more in the wake of these attacks...

We are not amused. We never were.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By KaosAngel

@shinigami420 said:

So why are sony so fucking terrible at internet security?

Sony has had a history of really bad encryption security, which is fucking ironic considering their former root-kit policies. If PSN goes down during the E3 presser, those guys will live as legends.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cookiemonster
@Slaker117 said:
@CookieMonster said:
It's not like Sony is powerless. The hackers are clearly in the wrong, but some amount of burden falls on the victim to do their best not to be victimized, especially when they are a multinational corporation.
Yeah, you're right. Wonder when sony will get their shit together and when it'll get to the point where they'll run out of sony things to hack.
shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shinigami420

@PhatSeeJay said:

We are not amused. We never were

it would be pretty funny if psn where to go down during the sony press conference

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By angelkanarias
@shinigami420:  
@Slaker117 said:
@CookieMonster said:
Being a multinational corporation makes things harder, they have tons of internet websites all over the place and internet security can't be perfect, it just doesn't work that way. There is always a way to get into a system. These dicks have also hacked FBI affiliates and other corporations. Yes, sony has to get their shit together but that doesn't mean these guys are doing to right thing. Banks have security and they get robbed, if you can break into a place that doesn't give you the right to do it.
Khadyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Khadyn

It's getting old and quite honestly I've gotten to the point of rolling my eyes and going to another forum post that actually has value to get my attention. Lulzsec had their 15min of fame a while back and they are not proving anything to me except they are douchebags and its hurting us and not Sony since they have the money to fix this shit but, we suffer by losing the PSN part of our PS3 for however long. Oh btw, I'm starting to think they are X360 fanboys since they haven't bothered Microsoft yet.

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OmegaChosen

There's only so many times you can kick a dude on the ground before people start seeing you as the monster. These guys are quickly approaching that point.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By MEATBALL

Might break into my neighbour's place tomorrow afternoon. They don't have bars on their windows, it's a serious security flaw.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KaosAngel

@Khadynsaid:

...I'm starting to think they are X360 fanboys since they haven't bothered Microsoft yet.

That has to do with Microsoft understanding how the DMCA works and not taking people to court for jailbreaking 360s. Plus Micorosft made peace with the hacker community the second they gave GeoHotz a free WP7 and told him to hack it for the community.

Microsoft isn't retarded and they know how US Laws work, and know not to fuck with people who can screw you over for life.

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By shinigami420

@Khadyn: i dont think they are 360 fanboys

also they put up a list of who they would never harm

Things we would never harm: Sega, Nintendo, Neopets, Old Spice Guy, anyone that owns a boat for the sole purpose of being a pirate.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By angelkanarias
@KaosAngel said:

@Khadynsaid:

...I'm starting to think they are X360 fanboys since they haven't bothered Microsoft yet.

That has to do with Microsoft understanding how the DMCA works and not taking people to court for jailbreaking 360s. Plus Micorosft made peace with the hacker community the second they gave GeoHotz a free WP7 and told him to hack it for the community.

Microsoft isn't retarded and they know how US Laws work, and know not to fuck with people who can screw you over for life.

So you're suggesting we should lick the asses of those who break the law
KarlHungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KarlHungus
@MEATBALL: Yeah fuck your neighbor! The updated the Homeowners Association Agreement so that I couldn't mod my backyard anymore. It is only fair that you steal all of their personal phone/address books and post it for the neighborhood. It is only fair...
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JasonR86
@shinigami420 said:

Things we would never harm: Sega, Nintendo, Neopets, Old Spice Guy, anyone that owns a boat for the sole purpose of being a pirate.

Well, it's no surprise to me, but these little shits lied about never messing with Nintendo.  They already tried to hack them.
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Slaker117
@angelkanarias said:
@shinigami420:  
@Slaker117 said:
@CookieMonster said:
Being a multinational corporation makes things harder, they have tons of internet websites all over the place and internet security can't be perfect, it just doesn't work that way. There is always a way to get into a system. These dicks have also hacked FBI affiliates and other corporations. Yes, sony has to get their shit together but that doesn't mean these guys are doing to right thing. Banks have security and they get robbed, if you can break into a place that doesn't give you the right to do it.
I say plainly that the hackers are in the wrong. I don't mean to suggest otherwise. But Sony needs to move faster. Yes, it's hard, and yes, no security is unbeatable, but this making them look like a joke.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#26  Edited By Hailinel

@JasonR86 said:

@shinigami420 said:

Well, it's no surprise to me, but these little shits lied about never messing with Nintendo. They already tried to hack them.

And whatever method they tried to use, they didn't get very far, apparently.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Barrock

So is PSN down?

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By benjaebe

Honestly, it's not going to be long before they get caught. Their own hubris will see to that.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Lunar_Aura

What a waste of hacking talent. They should do damage to corrupt evil organizations like Big Oil/Tobacco/Pharma.

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By shinigami420

@JasonR86 said:

@shinigami420 said:

Well, it's no surprise to me, but these little shits lied about never messing with Nintendo. They already tried to hack them.

lulzsec says they love N64 too much to cause any real harm and they where just pointing out a security flaw

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#31  Edited By bed
@mylifeforAiur said:

Not this agin. I'm so sick about hearing about the same thing agin and agin.

once agin, i'm wondering how today's press conference is going to end up. i'm under the impression that it might be pre-recorded like the Ubisoft one so the hackers won't pull something weird if that's even possible. 
kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By kagato

@JasonR86 said:

@shinigami420 said:

Very True, the same Ass Wheels hacking the hell out of Sony had a go at Nintendo who admitidly where a hell of a lot quicker to act and admit they had been hacked. It really is the gamers who are suffering now, im sure most of us at this point have at least 2 of the 3 consoles so we are all being effected by this one way or another. Essentially what they are saying is "Its okay for us to hack a service you use and break it because we are only doing it for fun!". I dont care why they are doing it, as soon as someone else gets wind of how they are doing this, thats when our card details, passwords etc end up all over the net.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JasonR86
@shinigami420 said:

@JasonR86 said:

@shinigami420 said:

lulzsec says they love N64 too much to cause any real harm and they where just pointing out a security flaw

Uh-huh.  That's a nice way to cover up their failure.

Have I mentioned I can't stand hackers like these fuckers?
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KaosAngel

@angelkanarias said:

The DMCA says you can legally jailbreak any electronics you own. Sony started this shit-fucking the second they wanted to take George to court when Microsoft, Apple, and Google all said it was fucking stupid for Sony to do it because they'll lose in court.

The hacking of PSN and whatnot was illegal but Sony brought it onto themselves. The US Military even complained when Sony took out OtherOS as the USAF used clusters of PS3s for a secret project. You see a trend don't you?

Apple, Google, and Microsoft have all gotten their shit jailbroken and none of them took the hackers to court... because they understand US Laws. Sony was given fair warning by not just those three companies but also analysts that by taking George to court they would be fire up the hacker community to no end. If the three biggest corporations in the world made peace with hackers, why can't Sony?

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By wickedsc3

I think its time for sony to drop some of there millions on securtiy!

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By shinigami420

@KaosAngel said:

@angelkanarias said:

The DMCA says you can legally jailbreak any electronics you own. Sony started this shit-fucking the second they wanted to take George to court and Microsoft, Apple, and Google all said it was fucking stupid for Sony to do it because they'll lose in court.

The hacking of PSN and whatnot was illegal but Sony brought it onto themselves. The US Military even complained when Sony took out OtherOS as the USAF used clusters of PS3s for a secret project. You see a trend don't you?

Apple, Google, and Microsoft have all gotten their shit jailbroken and none of them took the hackers to court... because they understand US Laws. Sony was given fair warning by not just those three companies but also analysts that by taking George to court they would be fire up the hacker community to no end. If the three biggest corporations in the world made peace with hackers, why can't Sony?

Yeah MS even gave geo hotz a fucking windows phone 7 to jailbreak for the community

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#37  Edited By MEATBALL

God bless you internet tough men.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By mfpantst
@MEATBALL said:

Might break into my neighbour's place tomorrow afternoon. They don't have bars on their windows, it's a serious security flaw.

Hey I know for a fact My neighbor does not own a gun and I do.  I think I'll go shoot him, you know, because that's such a big flaw in his personal security.  Oh but I'll just shoot him in the part of his head where he stores his memories.  That way he'll really feel like he lost something and will get better security.
SilenceUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SilenceUK

@angelkanarias said:

@shinigami420:
@Slaker117 said:
@CookieMonster said:

and yet u never hear this happening to microsoft do you .... just as big if not bigger than sony ....... just saying

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Scooper

It's now hurting developer sales. In a time where having a job in the video game industry (pretty much all sectors, from writing to coding) is very fragile indeed, they don't need this sort of shit. People are loosing jobs over this. Wankers.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By angelkanarias
@shinigami420 said:

@KaosAngel said:

@angelkanarias said:

The DMCA says you can legally jailbreak any electronics you own. Sony started this shit-fucking the second they wanted to take George to court and Microsoft, Apple, and Google all said it was fucking stupid for Sony to do it because they'll lose in court.

Yeah MS even gave geo hotz a fucking windows phone 7 to jailbreak for the community

What does the law even have to do with it? The US law said it was wrong to hack their system, and let's be serious, that would just make the PS3 a pirated-game reader. Your so called ''legal jailbreaks'' only work with telecommunication devices. Sony is using its right to defend themselves in court from something that would just ruin the industry and those who work in it. The guys who make games need money to eat and all that stuff. They made the PS3, they have the right to change it in any way they see fit for the good of the company. 
Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By Samaritan

"They did it for the lulz."

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By angelkanarias
@SilenceUK said:

@angelkanarias said:

@shinigami420:
@Slaker117 said:
@CookieMonster said:

and yet u never hear this happening to microsoft do you .... just as big if not bigger than sony ....... just saying

They haven't tried, they seem to be attacking sony because of their fight with piracy. But it's a fact that no system is unbreakable.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By KaosAngel

@angelkanarias said:

What does the law even have to do with it? The US law said it was wrong to hack their system, and let's be serious, that would just make the PS3 a pirated-game reader. Your so called ''legal jailbreaks'' only work with telecommunication devices. Sony is using its right to defend themselves in court from something that would just ruin the industry and those who work in it. The guys who make games need money to eat and all that stuff. They made the PS3, they have the right to change it in any way they see fit for the good of the company.

The US Law didn't say shit, because Sony folded the case. Why else do you think Nintendo and Microsoft didn't take hackers to court for jailbreaking their consoles yet? Because they'll fucking lose and if they lose it makes hacking consoles 100% legal instead of "grey" area.

Before the iPhone jailbreaking was proven legal, sites would never allow word of it as it was "grey"...but the second courts said it was okay EVERY site said it was okay to talk about it, post how to do it, and give help for users to set it up.

You are LEGALLY allowed to reverse-engineer any product you own for your own need. People bring up piracy but guess what, the majority of people who jailbreak don't pirate as homebrew apps do more than the apps coming out through the official channels.

bearshamanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By bearshamanbro

Been following this on GAF, it looks like the FBI might have one of these guys in custody and more to follow. This is a link to to a chat log supposedly taken from their IRC, hope this is true.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ShaneDev

Shouldn't the FBI or what ever other law enforcement agency be well on there case?

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By OmegaChosen
@KaosAngel: Your logic is unsound. It doesn't matter what they did to deserve this; the hackers are doing something illegal as a means of retribution. It's a simple fact. If they want to stand on the side of the law(i.e. their right to jailbreak electronics) they shouldn't be disregarding other laws.
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By angelkanarias
@KaosAngel said:

@angelkanarias said:

What does the law even have to do with it? The US law said it was wrong to hack their system, and let's be serious, that would just make the PS3 a pirated-game reader. Your so called ''legal jailbreaks'' only work with telecommunication devices. Sony is using its right to defend themselves in court from something that would just ruin the industry and those who work in it. The guys who make games need money to eat and all that stuff. They made the PS3, they have the right to change it in any way they see fit for the good of the company.

The US Law didn't say shit, because Sony folded the case. Why else do you think Nintendo and Microsoft didn't take hackers to court for jailbreaking their consoles yet? Because they'll fucking lose and if they lose it makes hacking consoles 100% legal instead of "grey" area.

Before the iPhone jailbreaking was proven legal, sites would never allow word of it as it was "grey"...but the second courts said it was okay EVERY site said it was okay to talk about it, post how to do it, and give help for users to set it up.

You are LEGALLY allowed to reverse-engineer any product you own for your own need. People bring up piracy but guess what, the majority of people who jailbreak don't pirate as homebrew apps do more than the apps coming out through the official channels.

So if the case was folded that is justice and it should be respected. And what are you even talking about, if the PS3 gets hacked I can assure you 99% of the consoles will be hacked for using pirated games. Nobody gives a fuck about linux in the PS3.
yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By yakov456
@KaosAngel

@angelkanarias said:

Is there any way I can legally reverse me ever seeing any of these hacker stories???