Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Sony Pre-TGS Press Conference

astrophyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 20

I was up late last night, so I watched this Sony press conference on the side while I farmed items in Xenoblade Chronicles. I don't speak Japanese, but it was easy to follow. It wasn't that different than what we saw at GamesCom but once in a while I like to see what different things Japan is up to. The cool games that I picked up on were Phantasy Star Nova, Yakuza Zero (?), a Persona 5 teaser, and some stuff on the new Biohazard (Resident Evil) games. I can only keep pleading that Sega will localize their cool stuff for english speakers! Oh, and let's all hope North America gets more naked anime girl games... especially for the Morpheus.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By sub_o

I think overall, it's a pretty good conference. I understand the middle part where they need to talk about Destiny, LBP, and You-Be-I Soft's stuff, just to inform the Japanese audiences.

I'm also glad that they focused on Vita for the first part of the conference, Reading thru /r/vita, a lot of Vita owners are pretty happy, although they are wary that some of the titles might not make it out of Japan.

Capcom is... kinda expected, Resident Evil HD Remake HD Remake, and Revelaitons 2. Known quantity.

Square is disappointing as usual. Hey, you wanna know about FFX, what about no, and here's a Dragon Quest Warriors. Plus Square is now the new Capcpom, after Dargon Quest, we get:

No Caption Provided

Yay for Persona 5 coming to PS4, I was hoping for gameplay trailer though.
    Koei Tecmo is getting more and more contract nowadays, seems like everyone wants to make a Musou game nowadays.

We all know after GamesCom that TLG won't be appearing during TGS, I don't really care much about it at this point of time.

We get some trailers about next Ys, and Legend of Heroes!

Fairly solid show, almost like Gamescom, games after games, and I like this format.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

You forgot the most important announcement of all: PS4 THEMES

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've watched it and the most interesting thing for me was the Bloodborne release date. Persona 5 could be fun I guess, but still haven't finished 4 (halfway through, combat and dungeon crawling starts to bore me). So I guess I'm just not into Japanese games.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I wonder if they have more surprises for when TGS is actually happening, or if this was pretty much it.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Aegon

@rongalaxy said:

I wonder if they have more surprises for when TGS is actually happening, or if this was pretty much it.

Well, Sony's having another conferenc on Sept 17th.

Would be kind of weird if they had nothing new to show. In fact, you'd think they'd want more excitement around their new announcements while TGS is going on. But, who knows if that's what their plan is.

astrophyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 20

I figure Square-Enix will have plenty to show later. They have some big titles coming that are more for next year, like FF 15, and let's hope they put that tech they showed off last year into it. I'd rather just see it when they are closer to release, honestly. I wish that they'd put a lot of money into a new RPG/adventure project, but I don't know if it's a smart idea when mobile is still super profitable for them.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I had a lot of fun chatting with the users in the thread while the conference was going on. A lot of memorable things came from it for me. Bloodborne looks more and more amazing every time I see it, persona 5 on PS4 was awesome to hear, Summer Lesson is something I want Jeff to play on a live stream. A lot of awesome visuals during that press conference.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.