Sony *sigh*

Ujio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Edited By Ujio

Due to Kaz Hirai's recent comments about the Wii, I can't help but wonder why the need for this "rebuttal" at all? I mean, when you reach a certain status in your company does it require you to lose all common sense as well? This sort of tit for tat, elementary, school yard pissing contest is just so unnecessary. First of all simply turning around comments that your competitor already made about you is just stupid. Plain stupid and childish. He might as well just have said "I'm rubber you're glue..." blah blah blah...you know the rest. As much as I prefer Sony over Nintendo or Microsoft at this point I can't help but cringe every time some knuckle head from Sony opens their mouth. People can see through the spin, the bullshit and propaganda. We don't need to be coddled or reassured especially when that patronizing is a rephrasing from some other knuckle head spokesperson from your competition.

""We don't look at [the Wii] as being competitors. They're a different world and we operate in our world - that's kind of the way I look at things."

Bullshit, Kaz. Whether you want to admit it or not Nintendo is both your competition and Microsoft's because they are competing for the same marketshare as you are. Ergo, competitors.

As for the 360 his comments are more accurate and if you don't think so you only need look back to the original Xbox for proof. MS does not stand by its products. Which is why I will not support them. I was burned badly with the first Xbox and that is a mistake I will not make again with the 360. It disgusts me that MS dropped support for the original Xbox like it was a red-headed step-child so they could focus in on the 360 all in the name of greed. When you think about it what was the original Xbox but merely a huge BETA for the 360. All the features that the 360 is celebrated as innovating is thanks to the original Xbox introducing and all the suckers (me included) that were foolish enough to support MS in its early days and who then were promptly kicked to the curb once they announced the 360.

And this is what a lot of 360 fanboys don't understand; they fail to grasp this concept because they haven't had it happen to them yet. So they keep running their mouths and talking shit about how much Sony sucks this gen and how the PS3 is a glorified Blu-Ray player. Nevermind the fact that the PS3 has the same damn multiplatform games as the 360, and its 1st party games such as MGS4, LBP, Gran Turismo, God of War, Uncharted, KillZone, and Resistance are somehow inferior to the 360's stable of Gears of War, Fable, Mass Effect, Halo and Forza. There may be more for each console but those are the most notable titles I can think of off-hand. Seriously, though, besides Gears and Halo, what else does MS have for killer apps? Even at that there is derision amongst Xbox fanboys which franchise is better: Halo or Gears. It's comical and sad at the same time.

I could go on but that would just be redundant. The point is, Kaz, don't worry about having to defend the PS3. It is a solidly built machine. Whether or not it will last ten years has yet to be seen. That can both be a blessing and curse depending on what happens technologically in the future. But the PS2 lasted a good eight years and is still going strong. The PSX lasted a solid five years. At this point I rather trust Sony's track record than Microsoft's. At least I don't have to worry about my shit breaking or giving me a RRoD out of the blue one day.

Ujio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ujio

Due to Kaz Hirai's recent comments about the Wii, I can't help but wonder why the need for this "rebuttal" at all? I mean, when you reach a certain status in your company does it require you to lose all common sense as well? This sort of tit for tat, elementary, school yard pissing contest is just so unnecessary. First of all simply turning around comments that your competitor already made about you is just stupid. Plain stupid and childish. He might as well just have said "I'm rubber you're glue..." blah blah blah...you know the rest. As much as I prefer Sony over Nintendo or Microsoft at this point I can't help but cringe every time some knuckle head from Sony opens their mouth. People can see through the spin, the bullshit and propaganda. We don't need to be coddled or reassured especially when that patronizing is a rephrasing from some other knuckle head spokesperson from your competition.

""We don't look at [the Wii] as being competitors. They're a different world and we operate in our world - that's kind of the way I look at things."

Bullshit, Kaz. Whether you want to admit it or not Nintendo is both your competition and Microsoft's because they are competing for the same marketshare as you are. Ergo, competitors.

As for the 360 his comments are more accurate and if you don't think so you only need look back to the original Xbox for proof. MS does not stand by its products. Which is why I will not support them. I was burned badly with the first Xbox and that is a mistake I will not make again with the 360. It disgusts me that MS dropped support for the original Xbox like it was a red-headed step-child so they could focus in on the 360 all in the name of greed. When you think about it what was the original Xbox but merely a huge BETA for the 360. All the features that the 360 is celebrated as innovating is thanks to the original Xbox introducing and all the suckers (me included) that were foolish enough to support MS in its early days and who then were promptly kicked to the curb once they announced the 360.

And this is what a lot of 360 fanboys don't understand; they fail to grasp this concept because they haven't had it happen to them yet. So they keep running their mouths and talking shit about how much Sony sucks this gen and how the PS3 is a glorified Blu-Ray player. Nevermind the fact that the PS3 has the same damn multiplatform games as the 360, and its 1st party games such as MGS4, LBP, Gran Turismo, God of War, Uncharted, KillZone, and Resistance are somehow inferior to the 360's stable of Gears of War, Fable, Mass Effect, Halo and Forza. There may be more for each console but those are the most notable titles I can think of off-hand. Seriously, though, besides Gears and Halo, what else does MS have for killer apps? Even at that there is derision amongst Xbox fanboys which franchise is better: Halo or Gears. It's comical and sad at the same time.

I could go on but that would just be redundant. The point is, Kaz, don't worry about having to defend the PS3. It is a solidly built machine. Whether or not it will last ten years has yet to be seen. That can both be a blessing and curse depending on what happens technologically in the future. But the PS2 lasted a good eight years and is still going strong. The PSX lasted a solid five years. At this point I rather trust Sony's track record than Microsoft's. At least I don't have to worry about my shit breaking or giving me a RRoD out of the blue one day.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By c1337us
Ujio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ujio

Yes, it does. But it also helps fuel the console war flames when they say stupid shit and talk to the public as if we were morons.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By c1337us

This is true. Unfortunately there is a large portion of morons arent there? I mean if everyone who plays games was an intelligent thinker to at least some degree these comments wouldnt be an issue. They are are an issue though, because comments feed the fanboys, fanboys feed the egos of gaming exec's blah blah viscious cycle. Its the gaming circle of life.

Ujio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ujio

Touche.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By yukoasho

Considering MS has yet to abandon support for Windows XP, I don't see where your hatred of the company comes from.  Well, unless you're one of those folks who wanted to keep using 98 forever.

As to Kaz, while I found his comments about the Wii to be spot on (Sorry, but Nintendo is clearly aiming at a different market than Microsoft or Sony), neither the Nintendo nor Microsoft comments needed to be said.  At this point, Sony as a company needs to buckle down and focus, not on what the other system makers are doing, but on how to make the PS3 the most awesome experience it can be.  Mr. Hirai, you are not here to feed the trolls.  You are here to ensure the success of the PS3 and prosperity for Sony.  Now shut up and get to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I want to hear out of Kaz Hirai's mouth is RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!

What goes into his mouth on the other hand...

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Dalai

Is it 2006?  I swear Sony thinks the 9 in '09 is upside-down or something.

And Sony wants the casual market they once had.  Much of the Wii base is the old Sony base so I call shenanigans.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Well, I bought the 360 for Halo, but stayed because of the Arcade. Sure, they're a few games I'd love to play (You forgot Motorstorm in your list), but most games this year look to be multi-platform, so there's not much of a need to go buy a PS3 now.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By get2sammyb

Haha I do agree. But it works both ways. Microsoft also seem to have forgotten about the Wii and at every corner their focus appears to be "we will outsell the Playstation 3, we will outsell the Playstation 3".

Having said that I do think Sony execs should just shut their mouths about the competition sometimes. Why talk about XBOX when they can talk about Killzone? Why talk about Live when they can talk about PSN? It's childish to keep referring to the competitor -- I understand why they do it but like you say it's fooling no one.

Sony have the games, the hardware and everything in place to make PS3 a success (apart from perhaps the price). Perhaps if they focussed on themselves a bit more and not why the competition is "bad" they'd be faring better.

It's a shame but corporate bashing will never end. And let's not forget Sony aren't the only company that do it. ;)

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By CreamyGoodness

most sony execs are full of shit it seems

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

YukoAsho said:
"Considering MS has yet to abandon support for Windows XP, I don't see where your hatred of the company comes from.  Well, unless you're one of those folks who wanted to keep using 98 forever.
Yeah they would have if Vista didn`t blow so much donkey nuts.