• 71 results
#1 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Guess they did want to try and draw a little attention away fro the upcoming nextbox conference, i for one aint really one of those clamouring about how fail sony were for not showing the system itself, but if there aint at least a full visual on it by the end of tomorrow, i would be surprised.

Heres the silly little thing they've thrown out for now anyways

#2 Edited by MildMolasses (3221 posts) -

I'm all about teasing the box

#3 Edited by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

Oh baby show off those angles and curves!

But seriously, this is stupid. A teaser trailer for the BOX. WHAT IS GOING ON!

#4 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -
#5 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19342 posts) -

@clonedzero said:

Well, it got me pretty excited, so it served its purpose.

It almost looks like a cube.

#7 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@mildmolasses said:

I'm all about teasing the box

Manhandle the box. It's what it's been designed for. I know - it's quite surprising to even the box itself.

#8 Edited by Benny (1953 posts) -

This is sooooooooo dumb, I burst out with laughter.

IT'S A TEASER TRAILER FOR A BOX, A PLASTIC BOX GETS A TEASER TRAILER.

#9 Posted by Kidavenger (3553 posts) -

The pulsing blue light at the end was a bit odd; also I hope that wasn't chrome on those vents, not a fan of chrome in my livingroom.

#10 Edited by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

@fluxwavez: See, i thought that as well, but besides all the obvious less than desireble comparisons to another cube based console that would arise, i just dont think the cube shape really fits with the design of sonys hardware when it comes to the playstation line.

To me it seemed kinda more like the ps slim type shaping, just 'stood up' for presentation. At this point its anyones guess though!

#11 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19342 posts) -
@randiolo said:

Someone post the glimpse's of the box so i dont have an epileptic fit watching this trailer over and over again..

Screenshots from the NeoGAF thread.

#12 Posted by Wacomole (819 posts) -

@clonedzero said:

Well, it got me pretty excited, so it served its purpose.

It almost looks like a cube.

A Cube for Games? Who would be crazy enough to make such a thing?

#13 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Playstation 4: The Box

#14 Edited by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Not gonna lie, the best part of this is that its all kind of an excuse for me to be able to put 'tease the box' as a title for a thread and have a little giggle to myself, cheers sony!

#15 Posted by AndrewB (7616 posts) -

As long as we're making consoles into PCs, why not let me use my own mini ITX case?

I've had enough of teasers. I've been excited to see what the next generation of consoles will have to offer, but I've been entirely uninterested in rumor and speculation. This late in the game, no one is going to be changing hardware design to compensate, so why not just show it?

#16 Posted by Aegon (5638 posts) -

Well, it's a square.

#17 Edited by RazielCuts (2954 posts) -

Kudos on the term 'Pre3'.

#18 Posted by TruthTellah (9100 posts) -

I just watched a promo for a box.

#19 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -
#20 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

@razielcuts: i dont know whether to go out and trademark it or kill myself

#21 Posted by Wacomole (819 posts) -

@razielcuts: i dont know whether to go out and trademark it or kill myself

I'm pretty certain I've heard others (I think it was Vinny -- as ever) use that term before now.

#22 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19342 posts) -

The music in the teaser's pretty good.

#23 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

@wacomole: in that case i need to do neither - and we all need to worry about vinny

#24 Posted by Humanity (9259 posts) -

If it's not shaped like a sphere then I'm not buying it, so tired of Sony toying with their fans, just give us the Playstation Sphere already!

#25 Posted by TyCobb (1972 posts) -

Was that the crotch of an android at 14 seconds?

#26 Posted by TooWalrus (13200 posts) -

Jacl Tretton was right, it does appear to be some sort of plastic rectangle.

#27 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Perhaps it's just because Microsoft are in a much stronger position that they don't really need to bother, but they completely ignored the PS4 announcement.. this seems a little desperate on Sony's part. I can't tell if it's even a serious video or if it's a joke about those who complained that we never got to see what the box itself looks like at E3.

#28 Edited by FlipperDesert (2087 posts) -

I love the sarcastic comments on the video about how excited they are to find out that it's a black box. Well, you all wanted to know!

#29 Edited by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

Looks like its gonna be shaped like their new line of bluray players that came to stores a month or two ago. Pyramid, prism, http://www.fortressrailing.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/FA_Cap_Drawing.jpg

http://images.cdn.whathifi.com/sites/whathifi.com/files/images/CES2013/SonyS1100.jpg

#30 Edited by MocBucket62 (1229 posts) -
@humanity said:

If it's not shaped like a sphere then I'm not buying it, so tired of Sony toying with their fans, just give us the Playstation Sphere already!

Dude, a game pyramid is where its at! Sony better make that sooner or later!

#31 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -
#32 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19342 posts) -

@wintersnowblind said:

Perhaps it's just because Microsoft are in a much stronger position that they don't really need to bother, but they completely ignored the PS4 announcement.. this seems a little desperate on Sony's part. I can't tell if it's even a serious video or if it's a joke about those who complained that we never got to see what the box itself looks like at E3.

Or maybe Sony's a competing company who doesn't want to let Microsoft have all of the spotlight (relating to their event tomorrow)? Earlier in the day, Xbox was apparently a worldwide trend on Twitter. Now:

#33 Edited by Eidderf (506 posts) -

Plastic boxes will soon be redefined, those angles were only possible with the power of the PS4

#34 Posted by mellotronrules (1192 posts) -

The music in the teaser's pretty good.

dem deus ex vibes.

#35 Edited by Ostratego (39 posts) -

@clonedzero:

Oddly, this is the thing a lot of people want to see (I know, right?). Sony is making an above the bar marketing move by teasing their biggest known unknown on the heels on Microsoft's announcement. Sony is making the best out of their advertizing by taking hype away from the Xbox just before the Xbox reveal.

Sony's got their stuffing together.

#36 Edited by RonGalaxy (3168 posts) -

@clonedzero: its an amazing strategy. They know people really care about what its going to look like. So theyre waiting for MS to unleash the floodgates tomorrow, and once all of thats done, theyll make a big deal of unveiling what the ps4 looks like, gaining back mindshare in the process. It's, effectively, having the last word in an argument, and sony having the last word will increase their success rate IMMENSELY.

#37 Posted by Tom_Scherschel (122 posts) -

Interesting that they put this out before the Microsoft event instead of after. It does address what will probably be the biggest criticism post-Tuesday, that MS showed the system and Sony hasn't yet. Also, the day before this huge MS event we're all talking about Sony. Nice move.

#38 Posted by Humanity (9259 posts) -

@humanity said:

4 sided or 3 sided? The answer to this question will determine if you're a real Playstationeer

#39 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2137 posts) -

Sure does look like something that will fit on my shelf and barely ever get moved.

#40 Posted by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

LOL

#41 Posted by MocBucket62 (1229 posts) -

@humanity said:

@mocbucket62 said:
@humanity said:

4 sided or 3 sided? The answer to this question will determine if you're a real Playstationeer

This is the PS4 we're talking about, so it has to be 4 sided. If its 3 sided, then Sony's press conference will be a flop at E3!

#42 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4208 posts) -

I would of appreciated some Apple style narration from Cerny and.. well whoever else, rather than what this shit is.

#43 Posted by thatdutchguy (1273 posts) -

Looks hawt !

#44 Posted by Nezza (358 posts) -

It's a Sony home console. It'll be another black monolithic asymmetric monstrosity with stupid overhangs.

#45 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@fluxwavez: Indeed, but like I said, MS were able to completely shrug off the PS4 announcement without a second glance. It gives the impression that they're much more confident with their product.

#46 Posted by ExiledVip3r (88 posts) -

A black box, I never would've guessed.

#47 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19342 posts) -

@wintersnowblind: Ah, alright. Well, sure, many complained about Microsoft remaining silent for a long while after the PS4 reveal with all of the negative rumors surrounding the next Xbox and it's been said on the Bombcast as well as other sources that it could indeed be a sign of hubris.

#48 Posted by EVO (3908 posts) -

Fingers crossed for a matte finish.

#49 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5513 posts) -

Sony's all about the Foreplay.

#50 Posted by Winternet (8019 posts) -

A black rectangle, OH SNAP!