im so excited lol i hope its ps4

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By PolygonSlayer

If this is not an announcement of their next console, they have fucked up.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By SlashDance

PSVita Go !

Let's do this !

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104  Edited By PandaBear

When this turns out to not be about the PlayStation 4 I hope every video game news outlet that has been over-hyping this shit takes a long hard look at themselves.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By shiftymagician

This reminds me so much of a certain thread and the result right now, but I still want to be hopeful that this will be some actual news worth the excitement that its generating throughout the internet.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Holy Fuck Holy Fuck!!!........Oh, sorry. My inner 12 year old came out for a second.I really hope this is a console announcement. It feels like it will never happen.

You know what? I don't think it is. I don't even care. ( Reverse Psychology )

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Branthog

As much as I'd love lots of new console information, I don't buy this for a second. If this turns out to actually be an announcement about the PS4, I will eat a bag of pubes produced and delivered from the GiantBomb offices, themselves.

algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By algertman

@msavo said:

@algertman: You've added nothing to this thread. I'm amazed how you troll yet are a subscriber. You must really love baiting people, like myself, to respond. End.

Looks like someone can't take a joke.

They are going to announce FFXIII is going out of print for the 360 so... FFXIII PS3 EXCLUSIVE!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By TruthTellah

@Branthog said:

As much as I'd love lots of new console information, I don't buy this for a second. If this turns out to actually be an announcement about the PS4, I will eat a bag of pubes produced and delivered from the GiantBomb offices, themselves.

Wha... why would you do that?

It's a real announcement, gathering gaming folk for a big announcement. Why is it so far-fetched that they might announce a game console before E3 and then use E3 as the real show of their games lineup?

I mean, people are working on games for the console. It's coming out. Slated for either this Fall or next Spring, you're going to see it. Why is it hard to believe they might announce it even closer to anticipated release than when Nintendo announced the Wii U? It was shown off well over a year before its release, and this Sony console could potentially come out in less than a year. Late February seems like as good a time as any.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By scroll

I will seriously bet on it being PS4. How about $100 bet? Any takers?

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#111  Edited By Nilazz

If this isn't a Playstation 4 announcement Sony has really done fucked up.

algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By algertman

Public hanging of the traitor Kevin Butler.

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#113  Edited By Pop

We are happy to announce THE PS VITA SLIM!

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Branthog

@TruthTellah said:

@Branthog said:

It's a real announcement, gathering gaming folk for a big announcement. Why is it so far-fetched that they might announce a game console before E3 and then use E3 as the real show of their games lineup?

I mean, people are working on games for the console. It's coming out. Slated for either this Fall or next Spring, you're going to see it. Why is it hard to believe they might announce it even closer to anticipated release than when Nintendo announced the Wii U? It was shown off well over a year before its release, and this Sony console could potentially come out in less than a year. Late February seems like as good a time as any.

Sony has been very hard-nosed about existing consoles having a very long life and I don't see them eagerly jumping to the next thing with a product that has not had the lifespan raking in revenue in the black that Microsoft has had, this generation. Granted, they could be aware of their failings and using this "be first" tactic, but E3 is almost six months away. There is no reason they would announce it three weeks from now, leaving a huge gap between then and E3. They'd do it much closer to E3.

. . . Unless they strongly believe (or have information suggesting) that Microsoft is about to also announce early. Very early -- and they want to get theirs out there before Microsoft sucks the air out of the room.

My suspicion is some boring announcement about their recent PSN changes and improvements.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#115  Edited By hermes

Ok, everything points to the next Playstation.

Maybe they are making damage control with the rumors and want to release some details before Microsoft steal their thunder.

And maybe they are pushing the release forward to make it close to E3... Can you imagine the impact of saying an actual date on E3, and it being in the very near future?

groverat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By groverat

There are a lot of developers out there who have spent a ton of time and money making next-gen games, and I imagine those guys would love an opportunity to start marketing and hyping their work. If Sony is giving them a few weeks to get their teasers and trailers ready, then Sony could create immediate brand identification between their PS4 and all the upcoming cross-platform next-gen games. Then XBox 3 comes out and shows a lot of the same stuff, but we've already seen it from Sony.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By scroll

@Branthog said:

@TruthTellah said:

@Branthog said:

Sony has been very hard-nosed about existing consoles having a very long life and I don't see them eagerly jumping to the next thing with a product that has not had the lifespan raking in revenue in the black that Microsoft has had, this generation. Granted, they could be aware of their failings and using this "be first" tactic, but E3 is almost six months away. There is no reason they would announce it three weeks from now, leaving a huge gap between then and E3. They'd do it much closer to E3.

. . . Unless they strongly believe (or have information suggesting) that Microsoft is about to also announce early. Very early -- and they want to get theirs out there before Microsoft sucks the air out of the room.

My suspicion is some boring announcement about their recent PSN changes and improvements.

Except they only have this kind of meeting for hardware. They don't invite investors to see a new batch of Vita games. This won't be a full reveal of next gen either, most likely a demo reel and showing off what the hardware may look like.

E3 will be important for demoing games on the show floor and announcing release date and price. Oh and there's the face that E3 is less important these days. GDC, Pax east and any other show will be used to market the PS4.

There are plenty of reasons to announce the Playstation 4 sooner than later.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Twisted_Scot

The story about them stopping production of the PS2 was so they could release....the PS2 Ultra-slim with Madden / Fifa 2014 bundle!

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#119  Edited By L44

It could just be a Injustice and Last of Us indepth live show.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Branthog

@Scroll said:

@Branthog said:

@TruthTellah said:

@Branthog said:

Except they only have this kind of meeting for hardware. They don't invite investors to see a new batch of Vita games. This won't be a full reveal of next gen either, most likely a demo reel and showing off what the hardware may look like.

E3 will be important for demoing games on the show floor and announcing release date and price. Oh and there's the face that E3 is less important these days. GDC, Pax east and any other show will be used to market the PS4.

There are plenty of reasons to announce the Playstation 4 sooner than later.

I just get the vibe from both sides that neither wants to really commit to a new generation and are only doing so because the customer base is dragging them along, kicking and screaming. Even if they do announce the PS4 (which is sort of like announcing wet water), I don't see them announcing a date. Or even a month. I expect a vague "later this year", if anything. In which case, they might as well have just not said anything as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, I am back-peddling for the sake of my pube-eating.

Avatar image for fire_of_the_wind
Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this doesn't turn out like that game magazine where everyone hyped up their next big reveal and everyone started speculating that it would Half-Life 3 or something of similar magnitude and just turned out to be a Black Ops 2 reveal.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By scroll

I agree that we won't get a date at this meeting in February. Oh and I'm quite excited for the really terrible marketing campaign Sony come up with this time.

PHenry1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By PHenry1991

I'm giddy with the feels! Hopefully it's about the new Playstation Eye Toy! With a catch! It's a console that is shaped like an eye, and can actually fit within the human eye socket. Get a pair of Playstation Eye's and you can play the games without the advertisements that stream into your brain while you sleep.

Edit:

Also, The Wall Street Journal claims to have sources that confirm the new console.

http://live.wsj.com/video/sony-to-unveil-ps3-successor/091B5E42-48C3-4E4D-90F3-F9469DADDB48.html?KEYWORDS=Playstation#!091B5E42-48C3-4E4D-90F3-F9469DADDB48

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By OGred

@ShiftyMagician said:

This reminds me so much of a certain thread and the result right now, but I still want to be hopeful that this will be some actual news worth the excitement that its generating throughout the internet.

thanks for that, wasn't around when that happened. What did you guys do to the dude who posted that? ;)

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By uhtaree

I hope it looks like slabs of dark glass pulsating with colorful bursts of ethereal game energy like in the video.

algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By algertman

@Scroll said:

I agree that we won't get a date at this meeting in February. Oh and I'm quite excited for the really terrible marketing campaign Sony come up with this time.

No date or price is what I actually think.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By scroll

@algertman: Pretty much. They can't get people too excited if they know it's going to cost $599 again.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#128  Edited By Cincaid

@Branthog said:

Yes, I am back-peddling for the sake of my pube-eating.

Darnit!

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By altairre

Alright, I think it's practically a given now that this will be the PS4 announcement. They're inviting pretty much everybody to this event. I'm sure this will be the beginning of a great marketing campaign...

mclargepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#130  Edited By mclargepants

My guess is a PS4 announcement, including some specs and a brief outline of what they're planning with the Gaikai acquisition. And they'll probably start it off with a Vita price drop. They definitely won't talk about a date or price for the system, they'll wait til the absolute last second to do that, much like nintendo did with the Wii U.

algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By algertman

@altairre said:

Alright, I think it's practically a given now that this will be the PS4 announcement. They're inviting pretty much everybody to this event. I'm sure this will be the beginning of a great marketing campaign...

Sony and marketing?

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Branthog

@algertman said:

@altairre said:

Sony and marketing?

Oh, man. I wonder what kind of shitty-ass marketing taglines and crap they'll have for this one. How long until the first "sexist" one? Maybe during the conference itself? :P

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#133  Edited By ShadowMoses900

If it's the PS4 I will be floored.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#134  Edited By Cincaid

Just had a thought, but it would be kind of crazy if Microsoft had their date-reveal as a commercial on Super Bowl.

Or maybe stuff like that doesn't happen? I have no idea how Super Bowl stuff works.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#135  Edited By FluxWaveZ
morkaithewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers