SunKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SunKing
Will it make you trade up?

Personally, no, not for me. But I'm curious as to everyone else's response. It is a very good move by Sony, though, regardless.
Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lard

Never.

Physical media or nothing.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Pazy

This is the thing thats a knock against the PSP GO for me. If they would transfer all of my games (tying it to my Playstation Network Account for future download) id upgrade in a heartbeat. If its some of my collection of games and 1 of my UMD movies im not interested yet. Maybe in the future when the vast majority of PSP games are downloadable (including back catalouge) then id upgrade but for now I just want to get my PSP repaired and keep going with it. Theres nothing a PSP GO can do that a PSP Go cant.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_A_Drain

I'm all for digital copies, but I want full freedom and power to backup/etc. Like GoG.com offers.

As for this shitty goodwill program, fuck you Sony, my entire collection, or you can sit and swivel, no man gets left behind, and i'll not have you telling me i'm not authorised to own a certain game (or four) because they are imports. As for price, you had damned well better hope it's free, or again, you can go fuck yourself.

At the moment you are giving nobody a reason to upgrade, so wtf was the point in even putting out a new PSP? I mean the 3000 is only what? Months old?

Also, again, you better continue to support UMD releases for current games, or at least give me full control over backing up my copy.

Minigames and expansion content is fine, but that's where I draw the line, downloadable games that in all honesty should be retail releases? No. No thank you dot jpg.

Any before anyone jumps on in here, I do not have a 'fixation on boxes/manuals/whatever other smartass comment you wanna roll on in with. I want to know that 2, 3, 5, 10, 20 years down the line, provided I still have a working console, I can still use those discs and not have to worry about sony's store going bankrupts, or digging out my HDD with all the backup games on, and swapping about sony's equally gay memory cards (wtf was wrong with SD huh?)

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_
@The_A_Drain said:
" I'm all for digital copies, but I want full freedom and power to backup/etc. Like GoG.com offers.As for this shitty goodwill program, fuck you Sony, my entire collection, or you can sit and swivel, no man gets left behind, and i'll not have you telling me i'm not authorised to own a certain game (or four) because they are imports. As for price, you had damned well better hope it's free, or again, you can go fuck yourself.At the moment you are giving nobody a reason to upgrade, so wtf was the point in even putting out a new PSP? I mean the 3000 is only what? Months old? Also, again, you better continue to support UMD releases for current games, or at least give me full control over backing up my copy. Minigames and expansion content is fine, but that's where I draw the line, downloadable games that in all honesty should be retail releases? No. No thank you dot jpg.Any before anyone jumps on in here, I do not have a 'fixation on boxes/manuals/whatever other smartass comment you wanna roll on in with. I want to know that 2, 3, 5, 10, 20 years down the line, provided I still have a working console, I can still use those discs and not have to worry about sony's store going bankrupts, or digging out my HDD with all the backup games on, and swapping about sony's equally gay memory cards (wtf was wrong with SD huh?) "
Not disagreeing with you, but I would personally just rather emulate digital copies of the games further down the line. Just saying.
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nah I say eff that , I'm buying the psp3000 for less cash, and while I don't have much against digital content, no physical media sounds like a real bad idea

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Jayge:

Yeah, that far into the future I don't have a problem with it. But my issue is that I paid for these games, and if sony stop supporting their store (or something, or a few consoles later they decide to take the older stuff off the servers etc) I want to still play those games I paid for. So what happens if my memory card goes bust? or w/e and I lose all those games, and the store doesn't exist anymore? I shouldn't then have to resort to emulation and possibly illegal means of obtaining those games just to play games I have paid for legit.

It just burns my blood how people are so ready to drop things and move onto the next shiny thing like the old thing never existed. And people might say now "Oh but that wont happen" but I guarantee you, in 10 or 15 years i'll want to hook up and play one of my old PSP games, and 95% the rest of the planet won't even know what a PSP is.

My major malfunction with this goodwill program though is that it's clearly bollocks, and hinting that it might be at a discount instead of free? Damn? Why should I pay them to upgrade my machine, and then have to pay for all my games again? Even if it is a significant discount, i'm still paying for the privelage of doing so. And if it is free, there are still problems, you can guarantee they won't offer the program to games that are out of region, or to the more obscure titles, it's just the 300 best selling list that will end up on the store and the rest you will have to play on an old PSP.

Sony are going the wrong way about this if they want people to upgrade, and if they don't want people to upgrade, why are they even bothering to put effort into this library transferal goodwill program? It makes no sense imo.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Jayge_
@The_A_Drain said:
" @Jayge: Yeah, that far into the future I don't have a problem with it. But my issue is that I paid for these games, and if sony stop supporting their store (or something, or a few consoles later they decide to take the older stuff off the servers etc) I want to still play those games I paid for. So what happens if my memory card goes bust? or w/e and I lose all those games, and the store doesn't exist anymore? I shouldn't then have to resort to emulation and possibly illegal means of obtaining those games just to play games I have paid for legit.It just burns my blood how people are so ready to drop things and move onto the next shiny thing like the old thing never existed. And people might say now "Oh but that wont happen" but I guarantee you, in 10 or 15 years i'll want to hook up and play one of my old PSP games, and 95% the rest of the planet won't even know what a PSP is. My major malfunction with this goodwill program though is that it's clearly bollocks, and hinting that it might be at a discount instead of free? Damn? Why should I pay them to upgrade my machine, and then have to pay for all my games again? Even if it is a significant discount, i'm still paying for the privelage of doing so. And if it is free, there are still problems, you can guarantee they won't offer the program to games that are out of region, or to the more obscure titles, it's just the 300 best selling list that will end up on the store and the rest you will have to play on an old PSP.Sony are going the wrong way about this if they want people to upgrade, and if they don't want people to upgrade, why are they even bothering to put effort into this library transferal goodwill program? It makes no sense imo. "
Yeah, I definitely agree with you. A much smarter way to do it would be to do something like the Blu-Ray Digital Copy program, although everyone shoots that idea down because "zomg the PIRATES AND LOST SALES."