Sony's lead is over before it even began

TheGamerFix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheGamerFix

If Sony can have a Playstation 3 at a lower price than an Xbox360 than maybe the world is ok, maybe there is hope after all! Maybe we can forget all our troubles and learn to love one another! Maybe we all can change! If i can change and you can change maybe the whole damn world can change!! .....Oh!...nope things are exactly the same again..... well maybe we can still love each other?.... ah watever! 

Microsoft have reduced the price of the 360 Elite to $299.99 the same as the ps3 slim and normal ps3. news story link here

http://kotaku.com/5343009/yup-360-elite-goes-299-on-august-30      
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

On my birthday...exactly a year after I got a regular 360 for my birthday....shit.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cube

Meh, I'd like to know when Microsoft includes wi-fi.

RollHard86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RollHard86

well both systems are the same priceish.  ps3 has free multiplayer so i guess well see christmas time and into next year..

ImHungryx10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ImHungryx10

i don't think that will make any difference. A lot of people already have an xbox 360 and have been waiting for a price drop to get the PS3 so I think the 360 Elite won't effect the sales of the PS3 slim much at all.

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zajtalan

microsoft sucks!

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By sjschmidt93

Is anyone surprised? Really?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mordukai
@TheGamerFix:    http://kotaku.com/5343009/yup-360-elite-goes-299-on-august-30. This should make things easier.  But this holiday season should be interesting.  I think most gamers knew that MS were going to that months ago. Besides, NO WAY MS would leave the 360 at a price point higher then the PS3. think both consoles have advantages and disadvantages over each other. The 360 has Netflix and XBL and the PS3 has Blu-ray, Built in Wifi, and free online play. The real winner are us the gamers, not some faceless corporation that really could care less about the individual customer. Isn't that what's most important? 
TheGamerFix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By TheGamerFix

I know that the ps3 is now a better package in terms of hardware i was just making the point of the 360's price being reduced. Though when service and software are thrown into the mix it becomes a much more level playing field. But yeah the ps3 slim is gonna do some serious business wen it comes out regardless of what Microsoft does.
FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By FCKSNAP

Well if it's on august 30th we'll have to wait a until november to find out if the price drop did anything in September. I doubt two weeks worth of sales will prove anything either.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By xyzygy
@Zajtalan said:
" microsoft sucks! "
I'm loving the thought put into this one.
thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By thecleric
Ahem.

This isn't a huge factor, most people who want a 360 already have one when they bought the pro for 300. This is a big deal for Sony because, the major thing preventing people from buying ANY PS3 is that the cheapest was 400 dollars, now that it's 300 dollars they're starting to get some adopters. So Sony really has nothing to fear from this, it's really just Microsoft trying to grab some christmas sales.
chogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By chogi

i don't have a 360, but if i was gonna get one, i won't get the elite. so yeah, this probably won't change things much

DirtyFuture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DirtyFuture

Since I already have a 360 and PS3 there is only one redeeming value of these price cuts, more people with consoles = better game sales = more games.