Sound sliders in games

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

So I've got this weird issue I've encountered with more than one game. I'll be playing while listening to something, and the balance will be off, so I turn the game volume down with your typical volume slider. Then the next time I play, the volume setting is saved, but the volume has returned to its max level (meaning it'll be even louder if I turn it up again) to the point where I'm ultimately choosing between muted or loud. Anyone have any idea how I can correct this? Is it all in my head?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

So I've got this weird issue I've encountered with more than one game. I'll be playing while listening to something, and the balance will be off, so I turn the game volume down with your typical volume slider. Then the next time I play, the volume setting is saved, but the volume has returned to its max level (meaning it'll be even louder if I turn it up again) to the point where I'm ultimately choosing between muted or loud. Anyone have any idea how I can correct this? Is it all in my head?

I guess I'm not understanding the issue here? You're saying that you change the volume settings from within the game, and these settings are saved, but then the next time you start the game the volume is back to what it was even though the sliders are still set where you put them?

I've honestly never encountered anything like that, and if there is an issue, I would have to imagine that it's a bug in a very specific game. What are you playing?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By veektarius

@hailinel: You understood me right. At the moment it's with Hearthstone, but I've had it happen in the past. I can't remember exactly which game it was then, though.

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I usually balance from the Windows mixer rather than the in-game volume sliders.

NeoZeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@noizy said:

I usually balance from the Windows mixer rather than the in-game volume sliders.

I'm with noizy on this one, if you're on PC that is.

For consoles I use the settings of my surround receiver to limit the min. and max. volumes. Not sure if you use one or it has the function, but for me any game/movie/music that attempts to go beyond the minimum and max settings I set get's adjusted right away.

If it's a certain game doing it to you have you tried deleting the settings save (not the game one of course!) and seeing if that helps? Maybe it just needs a fresh start. Thief was doing that to me recently and that fix seemed to make the problem go away.