This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by DrSwank (442 posts) -

Hey guys, I wanted to share a video I created in SFM.

http://youtu.be/LIIWZDjpAa0?hd=1

Enjoy!

Professional [real world] cinematographer having a go with SFM. I would love to collaborate with talented animators! PM me :)

[my first SFM video - thanks to Jimmer Lins. The actual camera operating will be much better next time, as I've become much more comfortable with the "handheld style" animation techniques]

Models are from Garrysmod, from Blacklight Retribution.

Also, I just submitted to Giant Bomb wiki that Source Filmmaker have a page, as I'm sure that others here are using it. Would be nice to have a GB SFM community.

#2 Edited by Rincewind (252 posts) -

Nothing in this shows 'professional'.

It's relatively trivial work in SFM for people who've been through the tutorials.

I would have thought you'd have more flair in it, but everyone has these first steps. Keep it up!

#3 Posted by DrSwank (442 posts) -

@Rincewind said:

It's relatively trivial work in SFM for people who've been through the tutorials.

I would have thought you'd have more flair in it, but everyone has these first steps. Keep it up!

thanks man. I appreciate it!

Yeah, im not a professional in the 3D space... YET!!

#4 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Replace the Heavy in Meet The Heavy with that model and then we'll be getting somewhere.

#5 Posted by DrSwank (442 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

Replace the Heavy in Meet The Heavy with that model and then we'll be getting somewhere.

OMG... you've made my day.

#6 Posted by DrFlapjack (233 posts) -

I've been meaning to check that out, looks cool. I'm an animator, I'll pm you soon.

#7 Posted by DrSwank (442 posts) -

@DrFlapjack said:

I've been meaning to check that out, looks cool. I'm an animator, I'll pm you soon.

Yeah, lots of power in that program. Still though, it should be considered in Beta, as it's very buggy and crashes a lot. I've come accustomed to hitting Ctrl+S after nearly every change. There's also rumor that they'll be implementing steam workshop, which will be nice.

#8 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@Rincewind said:

He's a cinematographer, not an animator or modeler... Herp Derp?

@drewmaw said:

@DrFlapjack said:

Yeah, lots of power in that program. Still though, it should be considered in Beta, as it's very buggy and crashes a lot. I've come accustomed to hitting Ctrl+S after nearly every change. There's also rumor that they'll be implementing steam workshop, which will be nice.

Sounds like Blender. I just downloaded it myself to give it a go, but I have no idea how to do anything so I need to look up some tutorials obviously.

#9 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -

That was pretty anticlimactic...

#10 Posted by DrSwank (442 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

That was pretty anticlimactic...

Haha, i know! I have a battle scene planned that I'll revisit (when my animation skills are up to snuff)! SRY! ;) Trust me, I'll be the first admit what this film is lacking.

#11 Posted by DrSwank (442 posts) -

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@DrFlapjack said:

Sounds like Blender. I just downloaded it myself to give it a go, but I have no idea how to do anything so I need to look up some tutorials obviously.

This is a great place to start for tutorials. These were the first ones created by Valve.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2B46DEB4157E67C4&feature=plcp

#12 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

pretty cool video. i never played with source film maker.

#13 Posted by Sweep (8841 posts) -

I predict we are going to get a lot of these kind of threads over the next few months/years so in an effort to keep the forums tidy we should probably redirect all SFM videos over to this thread.

Thanks.