Source Filmmaker - Metal Gear Style

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-649f07b15d7b8
deactivated-649f07b15d7b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hey guys, I wanted to share a video I created in SFM.

http://youtu.be/LIIWZDjpAa0?hd=1

Enjoy!

Professional [real world] cinematographer having a go with SFM. I would love to collaborate with talented animators! PM me :)

[my first SFM video - thanks to Jimmer Lins. The actual camera operating will be much better next time, as I've become much more comfortable with the "handheld style" animation techniques]

Models are from Garrysmod, from Blacklight Retribution.

Also, I just submitted to Giant Bomb wiki that Source Filmmaker have a page, as I'm sure that others here are using it. Would be nice to have a GB SFM community.

Rincewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rincewind

Nothing in this shows 'professional'.

It's relatively trivial work in SFM for people who've been through the tutorials.

I would have thought you'd have more flair in it, but everyone has these first steps. Keep it up!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rincewind said:

It's relatively trivial work in SFM for people who've been through the tutorials.

I would have thought you'd have more flair in it, but everyone has these first steps. Keep it up!

thanks man. I appreciate it!

Yeah, im not a professional in the 3D space... YET!!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

Replace the Heavy in Meet The Heavy with that model and then we'll be getting somewhere.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ravenlight said:

Replace the Heavy in Meet The Heavy with that model and then we'll be getting somewhere.

OMG... you've made my day.

DrFlapjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By DrFlapjack

I've been meaning to check that out, looks cool. I'm an animator, I'll pm you soon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DrFlapjack said:

I've been meaning to check that out, looks cool. I'm an animator, I'll pm you soon.

Yeah, lots of power in that program. Still though, it should be considered in Beta, as it's very buggy and crashes a lot. I've come accustomed to hitting Ctrl+S after nearly every change. There's also rumor that they'll be implementing steam workshop, which will be nice.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Rincewind said:

He's a cinematographer, not an animator or modeler... Herp Derp?

@drewmaw said:

@DrFlapjack said:

Yeah, lots of power in that program. Still though, it should be considered in Beta, as it's very buggy and crashes a lot. I've come accustomed to hitting Ctrl+S after nearly every change. There's also rumor that they'll be implementing steam workshop, which will be nice.

Sounds like Blender. I just downloaded it myself to give it a go, but I have no idea how to do anything so I need to look up some tutorials obviously.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Enigma777

That was pretty anticlimactic...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Enigma777 said:

That was pretty anticlimactic...

Haha, i know! I have a battle scene planned that I'll revisit (when my animation skills are up to snuff)! SRY! ;) Trust me, I'll be the first admit what this film is lacking.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@DrFlapjack said:

Sounds like Blender. I just downloaded it myself to give it a go, but I have no idea how to do anything so I need to look up some tutorials obviously.

This is a great place to start for tutorials. These were the first ones created by Valve.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2B46DEB4157E67C4&feature=plcp

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By iam3green

pretty cool video. i never played with source film maker.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I predict we are going to get a lot of these kind of threads over the next few months/years so in an effort to keep the forums tidy we should probably redirect all SFM videos over to this thread.

Thanks.