#1 Edited by 617_jbug (343 posts) -
#2 Posted by Wunder_ (1169 posts) -

CRAZINESS

#3 Edited by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

Not to hate on a show people love but I really don't see how this idea is going to come to fruition and be engaging and fun.

Maybe because I find no entertainment value in the show :/

Well, hope it turns out good for the SP fans.

#4 Posted by ShaggE (6422 posts) -

Against my better judgement, I'm excited. I'm definitely up for another crack at a full-length South Park game.

#5 Posted by AlmostSwedish (552 posts) -

Huh.

#6 Posted by Benny (1952 posts) -

Could be cool with trey and matt doing all the writing and voicing it.

Sounds like it will be a $60 game for 360 and PS3 so this makes me wonder how they would manage to make that many hours worth of good content.

#7 Posted by JTMosh (258 posts) -

I'm very, very excited to hear more about this.

#8 Posted by amphetamine (2 posts) -

This is going to be awesome. South Park is still really relevant as the show evolved from "4th graders saying FUCK" to brilliant social commentary. Also, the universe its set in is so goddamn ripe for quests/story arcs/character companions.

#9 Posted by Rafaelfc (1332 posts) -

dunno why but I get the feeling that someone saw costume quest and thought: "we could totally make this with south park characters"...

#10 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

I dunno...I'm a bit uneasy about the setting. It doesn't seem like it would make for a good game. Also, there's just something about rendering 2D characters in 3D that just does not sit well with me...

#11 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i hope that it's a good game.  it probably won't. we will have to see. 

the simpsons game was alright, the simpsons hit and run and simpsons road rage.

#12 Posted by AwesomeAquaman (164 posts) -

It'll probably work like Hello Kitty Island Adventures, but less awesome.

#13 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

I dont see the point of this thread when there is also a news article on it but hey! 

I love southpark and i am all for this RPG, it will either be AWESOME or complete shit. I hope its the first one.

#14 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

@CptChiken: Don't think there was a news article when this thread was created.

Yeah, really bizarre. If they make good use of the school children aesthetic, it could be damned excellent. If they just make it an excuse to make bad South Park jokes with Cartman as The Wizard, I'll be kind of disappointed.

#15 Posted by GregHorrorShow (20 posts) -

@Rafaelfc said:

dunno why but I get the feeling that someone saw costume quest and thought: "we could totally make this with south park characters"...

Really hope this isn't the direction it's going to go in. Although if Obsidian are making it (as rumoured) then it could be good. Buggy but good.