• 94 results
#1 Posted by pwnmachine (403 posts) -

Just wondering, who ended up making an account on gamespot after we heard of the merger?

I have had an account there for years and only recently revisited it in light of the news. I left mostly due to the community becoming slightly convoluted and there being so substance for discussion, but lets hope that changes.

If not are any of you thinking of making new accounts at good ol' GS?

#2 Posted by WalkerD (460 posts) -

No.

#3 Posted by Marz (5672 posts) -

no because i already had an account there before giantbomb existed.

#4 Posted by Andorski (5367 posts) -

Nope. I've checked out some of there content since John Davidson went over there and liked it, but I don't need an account to enjoy their stuff.

#5 Posted by clovy (174 posts) -

logged in to my account earlier last week for the first time in years.

#6 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

no not at all. Thanks for asking though

#7 Posted by Portis (1283 posts) -

Nah, I'm good.

#8 Posted by Jnal (240 posts) -

I will once they actually give us the free membership to Gamespot to coincide with Giant Bomb, until then I can wait it out. I will state that I have visited there much more since the merger.

#9 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

Never Have, Never Will

#10 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Why would I want to? What do they offer GB does not? 

#11 Edited by Skald (4370 posts) -

I've had one since aught three, no reason to make another.

#12 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

This should have been a poll?

#13 Posted by dietmango (1667 posts) -

I've had a GS account since 2006. I've been using it ever since, but I never do anything on that site anymore, save for hanging out at a particular union or occasionally write a review, and that's about it.

GB's been my #1 gaming site to hang out in since 2008, so yeah.

#14 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Why would I want to? What do they offer GB does not?

Wider coverage of games.

But, y'know, I'm guessing there are plenty of people here who don't care, myself included. It's a lot less cluttered here.

#15 Posted by Hector (3381 posts) -

I checked my old account. Updated some of my information and deleted some embarrassing blog posts. I might go own Gamespot from time to time for more video game coverage like the E3 streams.

#16 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4831 posts) -

I have an account from 2004. I hate the name, but I'm going to keep it because I won the MotoGP game night like 5 years ago and that's okay.

#17 Posted by Deusx (1910 posts) -

I had one since 2004... I made a new one because the user name was my real name...

#18 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

I logged into an old one that I had apparently made back in 2005. Looked around the site for 15-20 min and found nothing of interest on the site and have yet to go back. The only things on the site that looked interesting were some of the older videos, but they all required some kind of old plugin to download in-order to view them, and no matter what I did I kept getting some weird incompatibility error with 64bit OS.

#19 Posted by Adus (68 posts) -

Why? Do I need one for something?

I don't?

Then no.

#20 Posted by 71Ranchero (2834 posts) -

I have an account from years back before GB but I have no reason to log into it. Since I came here I have realized I really dont need to know every little bit of info about every single game. I also dont need reviews to determine my purchases.

GB has made other game sites archaic to me.

#21 Posted by MoseSSesoM (235 posts) -

Have had one since 03.

#22 Posted by Bigheart711 (1240 posts) -

I don't have one yet. I better rectify that right now...

#23 Posted by JasonR86 (9729 posts) -

Nope.

#24 Edited by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man:

Jane Douglas in the Start/Select videos is quite fascinating at times, maybe just captivated by her voice & accent or following the renegade path on one of the Start/Select episodes punching the co-host. That's the only thing I can think of apart from the excessive broken achievement tracking with the Gamespot Fuse profile page (at least with the 360 stuff).

edit-also older reviews/videos with the GB crew which is quite interesting to see at times on how much better their reviews are on GB.

#25 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

Why would I want that stink on me?

#26 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4988 posts) -

I still have my old account in there but I ain't logging back in.

#27 Posted by Morningstar (2242 posts) -

Lol no.

#28 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -

FInally remembered my password on my account there is the same as the one i use here. Says I have been a member since 2002.

#29 Posted by Donkeycow (558 posts) -

I have an account there, but it sorta just slumbers neglected, i have no reason to ever go to Gamespot, let alone comment in the forums. I'm really just hoping things on this end won't change much.

#30 Posted by AdMordem (467 posts) -

I have my pre-Giantbomb account there still.

I kept it going so I could watch the livestreams of E3 Keynotes etc.

Trying not to post too much yet until know for sure I can merge / attach it to my Giantbomb account.

#31 Posted by Aetheldod (3737 posts) -

Wait ... what???? Im gone for 2 weeks and Im back at gamespot ? D: How did I even ....? Wha... what???

(Really , what the hell happened in 2 weeks?)

#32 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

@Aetheldod: You mean you didn't know CBS interactive bought GB and CV?

#33 Edited by falling_fast (2285 posts) -

I discovered that I had made an account over there aaaaaaaaages ago apparently. I used it today to download some old ass episodes of button mashing for nostalgia.

#34 Posted by Vonocourt (2168 posts) -

I still got my gamefaqs account from 2006.

#35 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -

I had one. I just don't use it that much. It's the same as on here.

#36 Posted by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -

Not this guy.

#37 Posted by bwmcmaste (862 posts) -

@Donkeycow said:

I have an account there, but it sorta just slumbers neglected, i have no reason to ever go to Gamespot, let alone comment in the forums. I'm really just hoping things on this end won't change much.

My sentiments exactly.

My mantra about this whole thing: I don't track dog poo into your house; don't bring your Gamespot into my Giant Bomb.

#38 Posted by Aetheldod (3737 posts) -
@jkuc316: Honest  , I didnt knew anything until today (well yesterday by now) ... this week have had a lot of surprises  ,first the Mass Effect 3 ending and now Whiskey Media going bunkers .... what a way to go back into the net right?
#39 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

I never made one despite how much I visited the site way back when. I was pretty active in the Red Vs Blue forums kinda around that time.

And I don't feel a need really to make one now. I guess I should since I'll get a free Total Access thingy whenever that happens. But I don't really feel the need to post there since I post here, and I don't need to be logged in to consume content.

#40 Posted by ZOnikJJ (258 posts) -

I made a new account

#41 Edited by ColonelRick (110 posts) -

Have a GameFAQs account, so I already have a Gamespot one as well. Not that I use it. Maybe that'll change now..

#42 Posted by Milkman (17338 posts) -

I'm waiting until they give the free membership. I have an account over there already but there's nothing on that account that I have any desire to re-visit.

#43 Posted by wwfundertaker (1404 posts) -

I have an account from 2004, only use it to download classic on the spot.

#44 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

No. I have no interest in visiting Gamespot.

#45 Posted by President_Barackbar (3474 posts) -

I have a GameFAQs account that I barely use, so I guess I technically have a Gamespot account that I've never logged in to.

#46 Posted by mandude (2666 posts) -

I visited Gamespot once since we got that horrible new footer. But it was only to see if Gamespot had Giantbomb in their footer...(which they don't).

#47 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

I have an account, and I logged in after I heard about the merger. I haven't used it in ages. I post in the forums maybe once every three or four months. I'm nowhere near as regular on GameSpot as I am on Giant Bomb. GB is one of my only websites for game news now, and I like it that way. It's not so much the news I'm here for: I'm here for the community and the wiki, but I can get news here and on Twitter, so I am happy.

#48 Posted by Legend (2664 posts) -

I did.. in 2003. :P

#49 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

My acccount from way back is BANNED FOREVER ........ no chance of ever returning. So I decided for fun to make a new one (having a new IP since all those years ago). Don't think I will use it much though ...... or at all.

#50 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -

I've been a member of GameSpot since *checks profile* Jun 16, 2003, but I don't go there either (or to Giantbomb much, but much, much more than GameSpot). I only just found out about the merger from an old friend whom I met at GameSpot (I met a lot of my online friends there). Crazy stuff.... never thought I'd see a merger.