• 87 results
Avatar image for deactivated-608a5477560df
deactivated-608a5477560df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Who thought this was a good thing? Sure you could invite the guys to a game but spamming messages was just annoying and ruined the broadcast for me and a few others I would assume.

Next TNT I say we write down the gamertags of everyone who sends useless messages and then... do something with them. Any suggestions?

Stuart444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Stuart444

I only caught a little bit but what I saw, the message spamming was quite annoying (granted, if I was one of the guys playing, I'd be even more annoyed)

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

ban them, why not do that this time, just watch it in high def when they put it up on the site, and then write down all the names that pop up, ALL OF THEM. And list there offences. then pm it to Ryan, he is always looking to ban people, whether he will spend the time to do it, i doubt it, but its worth a shot.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By zeforgotten

Meh, the amount of stupid that came out of it was nothing more than I expected when you consider what community we're talking about.  
Expecting more than the absolute minimum of what is even possible to expect when it has to do with guys that hang out here would be a terrible idea. 

Also, yes, let's write them all down and report them all and lie about why we're doing it. 

Soulblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Soulblitz

It was expected, but it didn't stop it being annoying. Didn't help when there was 5-10 minutes of it stopping, then it started again for the rest of the video. Just rubbed it in.

Also where do we go to chat random crap with the mods now that the chat is closed? :/

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

Eh, it was funny and they kinda deserved it for inviting it in the first place. But the joke's dead after two TNTs, so let's not beat it into the ground next week.

Egg0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Egg0

It's fair game if the guys don't turn off notifications.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By KarlPilkington

The GB guys asked them to do it, so you can't blame people for doing it.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zeforgotten
@MikkaQ said:

Eh, it was funny and they kinda deserved it for inviting it in the first place. But the joke's dead after two TNTs, so let's not beat it into the ground next week.

You don't know how the majority of this community thinks, do you? 
Dumb memes are still a thing, even memes that were old like 12 years ago are still living here because some people only just found out about them. So this won't stop next week or in the next 200 years. 
theodacourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By theodacourt

Because it's your TNT and it should be beholden to your rules. It was fairly annoying but if your angry about such a meaningless, worthless and largely ignorable thing, then...well whatever. Maybe your sheer ire has earned you the right to tread on other people.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Dany

They should have turned them off, the 5 minutes I saw of the TNT, they were annoying and distracting.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Animasta

@ZeForgotten said:

@MikkaQ said:

You don't know how the majority of this community thinks, do you? Dumb memes are still a thing, even memes that were old like 12 years ago are still living here because some people only just found out about them. So this won't stop next week or in the next 200 years.

HUR HUR BRAD'S LEAVING HUR HURRRRRRR

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It was funny at first and overall wasn't a huge deal.

deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By deathbyyeti

It is childish and unfunny just like the Brazzers logo thing but trying to make a list and get some kind of revenge is just as childish

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By KaneRobot

They should ban people who were annoyed by the messages instead. Better yet, they should ban anyone that played with them. Or how about they ban everyone? Ban. BAN.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MikkaQ

@ZeForgotten said:

@MikkaQ said:

You don't know how the majority of this community thinks, do you? Dumb memes are still a thing, even memes that were old like 12 years ago are still living here because some people only just found out about them. So this won't stop next week or in the next 200 years.

Whether it's going to continue or not, it's time as being funny is passed.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheHumanDove

@ZeForgotten said:

@MikkaQ said:

Why you hatin' so much, bro?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zeforgotten
@Animasta said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@MikkaQ said:

Exactly 
I actually wish he would leave, at least that would make all those meme-loving morons kill themselves and make the world a better place. 

@TheHumanDove: No hate.
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MooseyMcMan

It was funny when it was actually different people, but when it was the same people over and over again it got old.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Animasta said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@MikkaQ said:

Urge to kill rising.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By fox01313

The messages were pretty useless to send, at least with the game invites it was interesting to see what people were throwing out for multiplayer games out of all the tons of games that are on XBLA.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By trace

If the Giant Bomb guys saw a major issue with the notifications, they would have done exactly what they've done in the past: just turn them off in preferences. They know how. Clearly, since they didn't turn them off, they were OK with them for this TNT.

Whether they should have turned them off is a fair point of discussion, but loudly complaining in the chat isn't likely to accomplish anything, nor is creating a list of gamertags for some sort of petty revenge. In fact, the latter might get you in trouble on here. As for the community...well, expecting people not to flood GBTNT with messages in such a situation is just as foolish as using the actions of a few annoying people to label an entire community.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Vextroid

It was funny when they started rating and judging the gamer-tags.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By octaslash

Why stop at posting their gamertags? Find their names and addresses and post them too. Send boxes of inflatable dog-shaped dildos to their families. That'll show em!

Or you could be reasonable and just tell the crew to turn off the notifications.

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Slab64

The spam itself is not funny, but the guys commenting on it can be. And honestly, how distracting is it really? ADD much?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Are you still alive? Yes. Did it hurt you? No.

Get over it. You'll be fine.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By zeforgotten
@PsEG said:

If the Giant Bomb guys saw a major issue with the notifications, they would have done exactly what they've done in the past: just turn them off in preferences. They know how. Clearly, since they didn't turn them off, they were OK with them for this TNT.

Whether they should have turned them off is a fair point of discussion, but loudly complaining in the chat isn't likely to accomplish anything, nor is creating a list of gamertags for some sort of petty revenge. In fact, the latter might get you in trouble on here. As for the community...well, expecting people not to flood GBTNT with messages in such a situation is just as foolish as using the actions of a few annoying people to label an entire community.

Wait, so my masterplan to report everyone of their gamertags to Microsoft for "talking about having sex with infants" and "calling everyone the "n-word" " would get me in trouble on Giant Bomb?   
Dang it
ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By ReyGitano

@MooseyMcMan said:

It was funny when it was actually different people, but when it was the same people over and over again it got old.

Agreed. It didn't have to continue past the first 10-15 minutes of TNT once all the names started repeating,

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By ajamafalous

The crew literally asked for the notification spam, to those getting SUPER ANGRY about it.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By zeforgotten
@ajamafalous said:
The crew literally asked for the notification spam, to those getting SUPER ANGRY about it.
I wonder how messy it would be if someone jokingly said "kill yourselves" during TNT o.O 
OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By OneManX

I love that they left them on... in spite of the chat raging...

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By trace

@ZeForgotten said:

Wait, so my masterplan to report everyone of their gamertags to Microsoft for "talking about having sex with infants" and "calling everyone the "n-word" " would get me in trouble on Giant Bomb? Dang it

It wouldn't accomplish much, other than lowering the trustworthiness of the people making false reports in Xbox Live's moderation system (not that it allows for reporting in that much glorious detail, anyways). But yeah, don't do that!

@rebgav said:

I'd prefer to endure the mild annoyance and attempt to see the amusing side rather than become a whining, petty, humorless asshole.

While it's way harsher than I'd state it, this is generally my view. Sometimes the guys will do things that may come off as annoying or dumb, but it's almost always done with the intent of being silly, so it's best to try and take it in stride. You don't have to enjoy it, but raging over it's unhealthy, yo.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LiquidSwords

I guess I missed a cluster fuck of a TNT. Cant wait to to see the vid.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CaLe

What are you talking about? They invited that shit outright.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RazielCuts

It was much funnier last week when Brad was playing trials and he was getting all pissy about it. It then became about what's the most random game someone can invite Brad to, was pretty funny. Not so much this week as it was just a stream of *that sound*.

smitty86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By smitty86

Eh, it ran it's course this week in the 1st 10 min. But whatever, stupid people are always going to do stupid things. Also I would just like to state that whoever was GamertagOnTNT is a sad individual. You really have nothing better to do than respam unfunny messages over and over? Leave it to the pros man.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By eroticfishcake

Yeah it was pretty irritating but you could just do what I did and leave after five minutes. It's not like they were doing anything of great interest. Not much of a big deal and I doubt making a thread will help.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Wasn't that big a deal. It's not like they did anything interesting.

SarjuTheRapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SarjuTheRapper
@ZeForgotten said:
@Animasta said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@MikkaQ said:

Exactly 
I actually wish he would leave, at least that would make all those meme-loving morons kill themselves and make the world a better place. 

@TheHumanDove: No hate.
the irony, it burns 
the irony, it burns 
PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@ZeForgotten: You sound upset.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By shaunk

@Animasta said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@MikkaQ said:

I fail to see how people find the "Brad's leaving" meme to be annoying. Just ignore it. Its people in the live chat saying random stuff. People overreact too much on here. Although I agree with the notifications thing being kind of annoying.

But really people, shut up about the brad's leaving meme. People complaining about it is so annoying.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By nightriff

They didn't say anything about my gamertag, I was sad. It also showed up 20 mins after I sent it, that was hilarious. The messages were the best part of the broadcast in my opinion, otherwise it was a poor TNT until the Trials ending, the first hour was horrendous, man if you guys don't have any ideas of what to do just do Cards Against Humanity again, that shit is always good.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#44  Edited By Claude

Piss off chat.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zeforgotten
@PeasantAbuse: Through text? 
Can you smell what I had for dinner too? o.O
PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@ZeForgotten said:

@PeasantAbuse: Through text? Can you smell what I had for dinner too? o.O

*sniff sniff*

Spaghetti. I'M POSITIVE.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By zeforgotten
@PeasantAbuse said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@PeasantAbuse: Through text? Can you smell what I had for dinner too? o.O

*sniff sniff*

Spaghetti. I'M POSITIVE.

Hah! Wrong. 
And that is why you'll never get the role as Adachi in my Persona 4 broadway show! 
Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@ZeForgotten
@PeasantAbuse: Through text? 
Can you smell what I had for dinner too? o.O
.......yes
Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#49  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I loved it, and it didn't get in the way of the broadcast at all, if you let it get to you that's your own damn fault. It was easy to ignore.

MrSlapHappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MrSlapHappy

Why not pass around a petition or have a bake sale to raise money for them to stop?

Nothing said here will change anything, if you PM any of the staff with a list of names they will just ignore it.

If its a problem, they will deal with it in whatever way they see fit. It might suck if there is no TNT for awhile because they don't want to deal with dumb shit like this but well, thats life.