#1 Edited by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

VGX

About The Show

Tune-In Saturday December 7 at 6 PM ET / 3 PM PT

VGX, the next generation of Video Game Awards, is an all-day gaming experience, and a true binging dream for gamers.

VGX will break news worldwide by showcasing world-premiere game trailers, in-depth extended demos of the next generation of games and interactive one-on-one interviews and panels all in an intimate studio setting.

VGX will be streamed across Xbox One, Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 (PS3™), Twitch, iOS and Android devices, and available globally on VGXLIVE.com, Hulu, Yahoo Screen, the Yahoo Screen app and Viacom properties Spike.com, ComedyCentral.com MTV.com, MTV2.com, BET.com and GameTrailers.com.

VGX will be live streamed for three-hours on Saturday, December 7, beginning at 6:00 PM ET / 3:00 PM PT. Spike TV will also air highlights of the show as "VGX Replay" on Monday, December 9 at midnight.

Source

That is a lot of commercials :p.......Joking aside 3 hours is a really long time. What do you guys think will get announced ?

#2 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5338 posts) -

I'm going to be mad if Call of Duty doesn't win everything.

#3 Posted by Krullban (1023 posts) -

I'm going to be mad if Call of Duty doesn't win everything.

Game of the Generation! Call of Duty: Ghosts!

#4 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

extended gameplay videos sound really awesome. So I am totally fine with that.

#5 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

2 hours 40 minutes too long.

#7 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

I've really become fatigued with the VGA's but I still enjoy it for the exclusive announcements. I just wish the program was more straight-forward.

#8 Posted by Berserker976 (323 posts) -

Fallout 4, I feel it in my bones.

#9 Posted by RazielCuts (2926 posts) -

So *thats* what VGX is? They kept mentioning it during the PS4 reveal and I didn't know what it was. Rebranding I guess?

Tbh after all the bluster of the PS4 reveal dropping 'megatons' - an Uncharted game on PS4 (shock), MGS V exclusive mission (fun dumb little throw away thing), release date of Second Son (release dates are cool I guess?) and Destiny beta on PS3/PS4 first (I thought this was a thing already?) I think I'll give the VGA's, ahem VGX a miss and wait for the slithers of info the next day.

#10 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

I'm gonna watch the whole three hours and regret it after it's over.

#11 Posted by CollegeGuyMike (388 posts) -

@fluxwavez said:

And so the cycle continues.

#12 Posted by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -

Is there another option? We're all fucking sheep that will lap up any hints of new things to come. I just hope it's as un-painful to watch as last year instead of reverting to the awkward shit-show of the previous two

#13 Posted by SunBroZak (1016 posts) -

Fallout 4 reveal trailer. Maybe some brief footage of the new Uncharted's gameplay? That's what I'm expecting.

Are the GB crew going to be at the show? If not, it'd be cool to have a "Watch us Watch the Spike VGAs" livestream.

#14 Posted by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

This is how it goes every year.

#15 Posted by TheHT (10880 posts) -

the fuck is a "binging dream"?

#16 Posted by Hunter5024 (5541 posts) -

@fluxwavez said:

Is there another option? We're all fucking sheep that will lap up any hints of new things to come. I just hope it's as un-painful to watch as last year instead of reverting to the awkward shit-show of the previous two

I let all of you watch it and then read about the news on the forums.

#17 Edited by Hailinel (23885 posts) -

VGX? Really? The VGAs went EXTREEEEEEEEEEME? I suppose it was inevitable wih all of that Dew and Doritos.

#18 Edited by Video_Game_King (35995 posts) -

And about thirteen minutes of that will be dedicated to the actual awards. Four minutes more than last year.

#19 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

And about thirteen minutes of that will be dedicated to the actual awards. Four minutes more than last year.

No one cares about the awards, which is probably part of the reason it was renamed in the first place.

#20 Edited by thatdutchguy (1271 posts) -

I'm a sucker for video game award shows .... i'll watch.every year.FUCK.

#21 Edited by Pie (7054 posts) -

That's an illegal amount of time

#22 Posted by RonGalaxy (2871 posts) -

Hopefully some cool stuff gets announced for next year

#23 Posted by AlexGBRO (273 posts) -

this means that for every reaveal they must have some sort of live gameplay with it

#24 Posted by AlexGBRO (273 posts) -
#25 Posted by Draxyle (1791 posts) -

@deranged said:

I've really become fatigued with the VGA's but I still enjoy it for the exclusive announcements. I just wish the program was more straight-forward.

I wish they'd just drop the pretenses and turn it into a televised "E3" show. They don't take the rewards seriously themselves anyhow.

#26 Posted by kaos_cracker (568 posts) -

Last year was fine. I watch these every year just for announcements really.

#27 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2307 posts) -

That's going to be torture. Good thing I always watch the VGA's with friends.

Also I couldn't help but notice the PS4 is missing from the stream list. Wuddup with that?

#28 Posted by Zelyre (1122 posts) -

Best next gen FPS shooter graphics go to... Call of Duty Ghosts!

Best snack to eat while playing Ghosts sponsored by Doritos goes to... Cool Ranch Doritos!

#29 Edited by thatdutchguy (1271 posts) -

@zelyre said:

Best next gen FPS shooter graphics go to... Call of Duty Ghosts!

Best snack to eat while playing Ghosts sponsored by Doritos goes to... Cool Ranch Doritos!

Those fuckin' Doritos are so good though.Damn.they got ya by the balls. Smoke weed every day.

#30 Edited by TheHT (10880 posts) -

Last year's show actually wasn't half bad.

#31 Posted by Pr1mus (3808 posts) -

I wonder how much of that will be dedicated to games getting awards. 5-10 minutes is my guess.

#32 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

The NEXT GENERATION

#33 Posted by AlexGBRO (273 posts) -

any games/ publishers you think will be there?

#34 Edited by Fuzzy_Dunlop (155 posts) -

I'll watch it like I do every year. Not watch it at all and watch the reveal trailers later on Youtube, if they can manage to squeeze those in between the Dewritos and Old Spice commercials.

#35 Posted by csl316 (8106 posts) -

Last year's was the least cringeworthy and it's become a weird destination for big reveals.

I'll watch this, I guess!

#36 Edited by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@mildmolasses said:

@fluxwavez said:

I let all of you watch it and then read about the news on the forums.

word, the only way to experience the VGAs.

#37 Edited by rkofan87 (122 posts) -

thanks I will be looking at this on 360.

#38 Posted by CornBREDX (4805 posts) -

If it stops trying to cater to the lowest common denominator then I'll go back to watching it.

I watched last year because it was legitimately interesting, but a lot of people would argue that's because last year didn't have that many significant games. However, there was a Call of Duty last year and it didn't win by default so there is some hope.

The thing is, it's voted on by critics and tallied (I believe it's tallied) so the winners are basically based on polls. Not entirely sure how it's best to do that kind of thing though so does it really matter? I don't know. You can predict who will win, often, from that though.

I predict COD wont win again (GOTY) this year, either. Mark my words if you want. Hard to say what will win, though. Maybe Bioshock Infinite. Could be Saints Row 4. Whatever game a lot of critics liked will win, though. Either way. I can't think of anything right now that a lot of critics agreed on this year. Maybe something that has yet to be released.

#39 Posted by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

I will watch this then wish I had just watched the highlights on youtube.

#40 Posted by cutyoface (541 posts) -

I will be ashamed when I watch all 3 hours. I don't know why I watch it each year.

#41 Posted by AMyggen (2542 posts) -

I'll do like I always do: Watch the trailers that come out of it after the fact, and skim an article about the show to see who won. Has worked really well before.

#42 Posted by Brenderous (1097 posts) -

world premiere blue health potions.