Spoiler threads.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Alexander

Getting to hear how the end to a hotly anticipated game goes can be a real bummer. It happened to me with Modern Warfare 2, it was unfortunate that the post was not nipped in the bud sooner, but of course these threads can come at any time and there is always someone out there who wants to be a dick.

But my problem is not with the people who make the posts.  

IT'S WITH THE MORONS THAT KEEP POSTING IN THE THREAD, BUMPING IT SO EVERYONE ELSE GETS TO SEE IT. 

Yes it's sad that a major plot point was spoiled for you, but that doesn't mean everyone else should suffer the same.

If a spoiler thread is made and you're unfortunate enough to see it, just mark it for moderation and then move on, you twat.  

People posting in spoiler threads should be suspended. 

[edit] by spoiler thread I mean when someone signs up to Giant Bomb with the sole intention being to spoil a game's plot. The spoiler will often be in the thread title. 
e.g. "Vader is Skywalker's daddy"

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By demontium
@Alexander said:
" Getting to hear how the end to a hotly anticipated game goes can be a real bummer. It happened to me with Modern Warfare 2, it was unfortunate that the post was not nipped in the bud sooner, but of course these threads can come at any time and there is always someone out there who wants to be a dick.

But my problem is not with the people who make the posts.  

IT'S WITH THE MORONS THAT KEEP POSTING IN THE THREAD, BUMPING IT SO EVERYONE ELSE GETS TO SEE IT. 

Yes it's sad that a major plot point was spoiled for you, but that doesn't mean everyone else should suffer the same.

If a spoiler thread is made and you're unfortunate enough to see it, just mark it for moderation and then move on, you twat.   People posting in spoiler threads should be suspended. "
First of all, aren't they supposed to have "SPOILER ALERT" in their topic? 

Second, are you al3xand3r's alt?
s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By s-a-n-JR
@demontium said:
First of all, aren't they supposed to have "SPOILER ALERT" in their topic?  Second, are you al3xand3r's alt? "
He's refering to the thread some troll made with a FF13 plot spoiler in the title. It was purely made to piss people off. 

And i wholeheartedly agree Alexander.
rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By rallier

This happened with a asshole posting a huge spoiler regarding FF13 on purpose the spoiler being in the title. No mods were online and some people kept bumping it...

I agree with you that people who do this should be suspended be it for a day so that they will never do it again.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zeforgotten
@Sanj said:
" @demontium said:
First of all, aren't they supposed to have "SPOILER ALERT" in their topic?  Second, are you al3xand3r's alt? "
He's refering to the thread some troll made with a FF13 plot spoiler in the title. It was purely made to piss people off.  And i wholeheartedly agree Alexander. "
I may just be weird like that but heck it just takes a looooot more to "piss me off" than a simple spoiler for a game.  
Also, the end is not important for me, the journey there is
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mordukai

And people who post them without a spoiler warning or have the spoiler right at the thread title should be banned. 

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Alexander
@demontium said:
 Second, are you al3xand3r's alt? "
No.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By demontium
@Alexander said:
" @demontium said:
 Second, are you al3xand3r's alt? "
No. "
O ok.
General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By General_D23

Suspension for a day sounds good, I guess. I had FF13 spoiled for me also, since people kept bumping it.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By mike

When something like this happens, use the PM All link to send a mass PM to all moderators, and one of us will handle the thread and the offending user shortly. 

Bumping threads like those does no one any good, and actually makes the negative impact of such a thread even worse by continuing to expose the spoiler to more readers.