#1 Posted by RJPelonia (863 posts) -

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gutefabrik/sportsfriends-featuring-johann-sebastian-joust

14 hours left and just under $8000 more to go! This NEEDS to get funded!

You saw the Second Annual Big Live Live Show, and if you didn't, check this video and jump to 0:12:12.

It only costs $15 to receive the final product (Estimated release date: October 2013) and $30 to receive the Alpha builds for most of the games (Estimated release date for Alphas: Mid-December 2012!).

Spread the word! Don't let this become another Alpha Colony!

#2 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@RJPelonia: Old Interns from the site Ben and Nick also support this.

#3 Edited by Snail (8606 posts) -

Funded 60$! A bit of an impulse decision, but those podcasts and particularly the unreleased games might provide some interesting insight that might be well worth the money. Not that the package is worth a lot less than 60$ anyway.

#4 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

I threw in $15.

#5 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

NO

#6 Posted by Nightriff (5096 posts) -

Not interested

#7 Posted by awesomeusername (4191 posts) -

I would but I don't own any Moves for that terrifying great looking Joust game. But hey, they raised like $70,000 in the last 3 or so days. Maybe it's a good sign?

By the way. I don't see why Sony couldn't just donate the rest.

#8 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Done. 
And just because Johan Sebastian Joust is part of it. 
You know, the whole "support good things and your fellow countrymen" thing

#9 Posted by Bocam (3761 posts) -

But I want this to fail.

#10 Posted by SpaceRunaway (869 posts) -

Less than $6,000 and 12 hours left means that I can get some sleep and stop constantly watching the KS.

#11 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

Not interested

#12 Posted by Azteris (810 posts) -

@Bocam said:

But I want this to fail.

You're a bad person.

#13 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

Said it before and I said it again. Joust doesn't make a lick of financial sense. By MSRP, you're getting the game with a Move and an extra wand for $155. For a full game, it's $355. Even if you're buying all the wands for $20 on a sale, it's $215 to get the Move with it, too. If there were a single other game people cared about playing on Move, I'd maybe see a case for it. But there's never been one, really, and there probably never will be one. Chances of Move support on Orbis are probably pretty slim.

So, uh, no. It's maybe the best convention game around, but that doesn't make it financially feasible, and I'm not buying the wands to make it playable.

#15 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

A couple of boring looking games and Joust, a game I would end up never playing ever, isn't worth my money. sorry.

#16 Posted by Winternet (8021 posts) -

It will be fine. They need 3k and have 10 hours left.

#17 Posted by BisonHero (6565 posts) -

@Winternet said:

It will be fine. They need 3k and have 10 hours left.

Yeah, the trend seems to be that if your concept has absolutely any merit to it and has been reported on anywhere, then it motivates people to go "Awww man, it's close enough, I'll throw in my money to help them past the finish line", as long as the amount left in the last 24 hours is like $10,000 or less.

#18 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

ITT: A bunch of negative Nancys

#19 Posted by TJ311 (415 posts) -

IT'S BEEN FUNDED!!

#20 Posted by MB (12481 posts) -

@TJ311: That was strange...I looked at it ten minutes ago and it was $3000 short, now it's $700 over?

#21 Posted by impartialgecko (1531 posts) -

@Little_Socrates said:

Said it before and I said it again. Joust doesn't make a lick of financial sense. By MSRP, you're getting the game with a Move and an extra wand for $155. For a full game, it's $355. Even if you're buying all the wands for $20 on a sale, it's $215 to get the Move with it, too. If there were a single other game people cared about playing on Move, I'd maybe see a case for it. But there's never been one, really, and there probably never will be one. Chances of Move support on Orbis are probably pretty slim.

So, uh, no. It's maybe the best convention game around, but that doesn't make it financially feasible, and I'm not buying the wands to make it playable.

Have to agree with this. It's a neat trick but there isn't a use-case out there that doesn't end in you spending a serious amount of money for a party game.

#22 Posted by JudgeDread (572 posts) -

no, does not look interesting for me

#23 Posted by TJ311 (415 posts) -

@MB: turns out Notch increased his pledge from $5,000 to $8,000 last night because "the suspense was killing him."

Source: GameSpot

#24 Posted by Tan (425 posts) -

:O They made it

#25 Posted by SpaceRunaway (869 posts) -

Thank you Notch.

#26 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

@SpaceRunaway said:

Thank you Notch.

Explain.

#27 Posted by Icemo (643 posts) -

@Snail: Read TJ311's post.