Spotify Playlists to replace in game music

Burt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Spotify app for PS4 is pretty awesome I think, and it now replaces nearly all my in game music. Apart from first time playthroughs of bloodborne areas or other times where I think the actual music may add to the atmosphere.

I've been using a WipEout playlist for Geometry Wars, and lately a Drive OST playlist for late night wanders through Old Yarnem.

So has anyone got any suggestions for playlists that suit certain games? I'm surprised there's not more game specific playlists out there yet but I guess its early days.

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grinding Echoes in Old Yarnham and the Cathedral I just played a 2000's Rap playlist. Turned the Bloodborne music down and just flew through it. It was nice and a gained 4-5 levels for Amelia.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Rising soundtrack for every game.

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

For Bloodborne Ive been using music from movies like Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Fury,Pacific Rim, Thor. I have the volume turned down lower so its not overpowering. It's just something that is always playing in the background.

Burt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poonz: sure, stabbing fools to some dre sounds good...

@brutushayesosu: I tried looking for a movie themes playlist but I guess I'll have to be more specific, some good suggestions there.

@teaoverlord: Not actually heard that, will check it out.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tend to use podcasts to give my brain something to stick to that isn't mechanics. It helps me prevent overcomplicating situations in my head and allows my lizard-brain to take over active control.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I listened to a lot of custom soundtracks on XBOX and 360, but I haven't really done that since. (Probably because I stopped smoking weed.) Reasons for this change aside, I guess what I'm saying is that I didn't realize custom soundtracks were still a big deal to other players. If you listen to custom soundtracks, or if you don't, I'd be interested in hearing about that.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By WalkerTR77

Jeffs rap playlist is actually great for Bloodborne (and in general) as odd as that seems