#1 Edited by SpartyOn (500 posts) -

Ok y'all, I'm finally on Spring Break and since I am far too poor to go on a trip, I'm paying the Last Story instead. I'm only an hour in so I just got to the first town and I'm liking it quite a bit so far for what that's worth...and the late-title card was totally awesome.

I was just wondering if anyone else played it, what you think, and if you'd have any tips for a newbie because, if this is anything like Mistwalker's other games, I'm sure there's some nuance to it.

I wil say the one thing that's taking some getting used to is the whole gather mechanic. So far, the game has had me trigger that then essentially run away while my party attacks. It's a cool idea, but obviously I don't want to be running away all the time and would much rather be part of the offensive, so I hope this changes soon.

#2 Posted by oldenglishC (977 posts) -

Or you could just hit up Ricks or Land Shark for dollar pitchers.

(Are they still there? I haven't been back on campus for a couple years.)

#3 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -
  1. If you haven't already done so, set attacking to manual control. Most people find the game better that way.
  2. Make use of the enemy spawn points in dungeons. You level up incredibly fast that way.
  3. You won't be running away all of the time. More aspects of Zael's power are opened up over time, and you'll also eventually be able to give your other party members basic order. Part of the strategy in some battles revolves around knowing when to draw your opponents away and when to let them go after other party members.
  4. The sidequesting is pretty basic. I never did much of it, though there are some optional chapters you'll stumble across that are worth playing.
#4 Edited by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Ok y'all, I'm finally on Spring Break and since I am far too poor to go on a trip, I'm paying the Last Story instead. I'm only an hour in so I just got to the first town and I'm liking it quite a bit so far for what that's worth...and the late-title card was totally awesome.

I was just wondering if anyone else played it, what you think, and if you'd have any tips for a newbie because, if this is anything like Mistwalker's other games, I'm sure there's some nuance to it.

I wil say the one thing that's taking some getting used to is the whole gather mechanic. So far, the game has had me trigger that then essentially run away while my party attacks. It's a cool idea, but obviously I don't want to be running away all the time and would much rather be part of the offensive, so I hope this changes soon.

Paying the Last Story??