#1 Posted by AuthenticM (3717 posts) -

You read right: RPG mammoth Square Enix is planning on buying Tecmo. This is a smart move on their part. They can diversify their portfolio this way; and make crossovers. Imagine Sephiroth in Dead or Alive or Ryu Hayabusa in the next Final Fantasy.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5043307/square-enix-plans-to-take-over-tecmo

#2 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -
AuthenticM said:
"You read right: RPG mammoth Square Enix is planning on buying Tecmo. This is a smart move on their part. They can diversify their portfolio this way; and make crossovers. Imagine Sephiroth in Dead or Alive or Ryu Hayabusa in the next Final Fantasy.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5043307/square-enix-plans-to-take-over-tecmo"
Or maybe it'll just turn Ninja Gaiden into a turn-based RPG. Seems interesting though.
#3 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
#4 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Seems like an odd choice, but it's better than having Tecmo disappear entirely.

I can't wait for Final Fantasy Xtreme Beach Volleyball.

#5 Posted by AuthenticM (3717 posts) -
Karmum said:
"The topic is a bit down, but it has been posted already."
I would have seen it should the topic title been obvious (it wasn't).
#6 Posted by pause422 (6179 posts) -

Or they could ruin a decent game like ninja gaiden and make it riddled with prepubescent teens and take ryu completely out of it. Kind of don't know what direction it will go in, though I don't care that much to begin with, the idea kind of initially seems bad to me because of what I think square would do, but then again , techmo would probaly die and fade away if nothing happens to them at this point

#7 Posted by DiscoLights (846 posts) -

Monster rancher

#8 Posted by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -

Is that good or bad? I can't choose.

#9 Posted by AuthenticM (3717 posts) -

I personally think it's good. They could put Team Ninja in charge of doing a full action game à la Advent Children. That would be awesome.

#10 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -

In before lock.

Already posted, mines got locked aswell.