el_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By el_dude
Official response from Vinny (staff):

We have different queues for images than text so they are being processed at different rates. Other things, like minor changes, are just sometimes faster because they don't take as much time to verify or approve. For the most part though, we are going through all the major content submissions on a first come first serve basis.

The back of the queue is around 58 hours. As you can guess, we're pretty slammed, but working to get things moving faster and faster. That's one of the reasons you may see some of your submissions processed before others, as we refine our approval process.

Let me know if you have any concerns, we're definitely eager to get everyone's stuff up ASAP.

thanks,
Vinny

NOTE: I have received permission from Vinny to post this message
Rain_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Rain_Dog

Coo.

I think the main thing is to just remain patient. The opened the site and got raped with submissions, plus we're still in beta. We kinda' shouldn't have expected everything to be perfect.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DARKIDO07
Rain_Dog said:
"Coo.

I think the main thing is to just remain patient. The opened the site and got raped with submissions, plus we're still in beta. We kinda' shouldn't have expected everything to be perfect.
"
You have to admit, this website is pretty damn good for a Beta. But we will just have to wait, they're only four guys with lives, well somewhat....
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By hazelnutman

Yup. Patience is key.
I still have things pending from the first day.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

lol which is why BOG has like 5 billion points cause like 90% of his stuff is images >_< lol

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By RVonE

Thanks for posting that.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I wonder how much you earn for providing actual info on a game... Sadly, I have yet to know since my submissions have yet to be approved.:(

Could anyone tell me?

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By epic_pets

Ok, thanks alot.

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By MasterSplinter
TheJollyRajah said:
"

I wonder how much you earn for providing actual info on a game... Sadly, I have yet to know since my submissions have yet to be approved.:(

Could anyone tell me?

"
The points range on the quantity and quality of information you provide. The more new, high quality information you submit, will grant you a higher point total.
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheJollyRajah
MasterSplinter said:
"TheJollyRajah said:
"

Could anyone tell me?

"
The points range on the quantity and quality of information you provide. The more new, high quality information you submit, will grant you a higher point total.
"
Alright, thanks for your insight, friend.:)

Fortunately, I've submitting some quality articles, and hopefully they will boost my score.  
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By DualReaver

If it's backed up 58 hours, means I gotta wait about another day for my stuff to get looked at. Well good to know.

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By MasterSplinter
DualReaver said:
"If it's backed up 58 hours, means I gotta wait about another day for my stuff to get looked at. Well good to know.
"
Yeah, Jeff mentioned in his most recent blog that the goal is to hit the 24 hour mark. They are working really hard to crank out these submission approvals, so patience is key.
xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By xplodedd
MasterSplinter said:
"DualReaver said:
"If it's backed up 58 hours, means I gotta wait about another day for my stuff to get looked at. Well good to know.
"
Yeah, Jeff mentioned in his most recent blog that the goal is to hit the 24 hour mark. They are working really hard to crank out these submission approvals, so patience is key."
yeah, until things don't go 24 hours, they will keep hiring and tweaking. thats why editorial content is on the low right now.
tATu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tATu

Thanks for the heads up