Star Wars 1313 a PS4 Exclusive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

obmoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yesterday, IGN posted an article about Star Wars 1313 and so kindly reminded us how amazing this game was going to be. That being said I think there are some things we can do to see if we can get this game off the ground as a PS4 exclusive franchise for Sony.

1. Tweet @GioCorsi and tell him we'd like to see this game on the PS4.

2. Sign the Change.org petition here

http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/disney-ea-bring-back-star-wars-1313

Maybe our vocal PSN community can get this game off the ground. I can see Sony throwing some money and first party resources at this game to get it released in much the same way Nintendo is doing with Bayonetta 2. Make this happen!!!

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

...wait, why do you want it to be a PS4 exclusive? The petition specifically calls out Disney and EA, doesn't give any mention to it being on PS4, and is just a bunch of people saying "HAY GUYZ DIS 3 MINUTE DEMO OF THIS GAME LOOKED REALLY COOL ZOMG MAKE IT"

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Why does it have to be exclusive?

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would we want this to be a first party exclusive for Sony. I'm getting a PS4 but I wouldn't want this to an exclusive. That's some real fanboy stuff, hoping that a game will only come to one console. And do you really think EA would make a Star Wars game exclusive to one platform? Yeah no.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If Disney and EA decided to continue working on the game, there's no way it would be exclusive to anything.

Also, for all the hype it was getting, it looked like nothing more than a third rate Uncharted knock off. I think Disney have the right idea to try and start with a clean slate for Star Wars.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I will only sign your petition if you alter it to request that the main character in 1313 be changed to Mickey Mouse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Flagged this nonsense. The world doesn't need more troll petitions.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Grixxel

Only if Donald shows up at some point. Also flagging this.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a very high probability that the game was garbage anyway. A half decent Star Wars game will bring in boatloads of money so they wouldn't just axe it. They likely didn't like all the hype that a shitty game was getting considering they probably have plans to milk the license as much as possible.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obmoc: this is a pretty silly waste of time.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Quarters

It won't happen. You could get a million signatures, but if Lucas doesn't want it to happen, it won't. They have this archaic idea that they can only have one era in the spotlight at a time, and they don't want to "dilute" the brand or some nonsense. 1313 is dead. If anything, its plot will probably become the Boba Fett movie they're kind of talking about.

Also, why an exclusive? That's just dumb, and that comes from someone who's only getting a PS4.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quarters said:

It won't happen. You could get a million signatures, but if Lucas doesn't want it to happen, it won't. They have this archaic idea that they can only have one era in the spotlight at a time, and they don't want to "dilute" the brand or some nonsense. 1313 is dead. If anything, its plot will probably become the Boba Fett movie they're kind of talking about.

Also, why an exclusive? That's just dumb, and that comes from someone who's only getting a PS4.

Lucas no longer matters.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By toowalrus

Read title, got excited, realized it's another dumb petition.

@brendan said:

Why does it have to be exclusive?

He's asking people to tweet at this Sony dude, so I assume in this dudes dream world, it's a Bayonetta 2 type situation, where EA/Disney cancel the game, but Sony decides to step in and pay to have it finished and release it as a Sony exclusive.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I actually don't think there was much game 'there' when it was shown. We saw a vertical slice that looked intriguing, but I'm guessing that is all they had...even if they won't admit it.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Levius

The PS4 will probably get a real Uncharted game, I don't know why it needs a Star Wars knock off of it as well.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This is why I inherently dismiss people with default Giantbomb avatars.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quarters said:

You missed the whole "Lucas sold Star wars and everything with it to Disney" news...

I saw this thread my thought went like this."oh they announced the new Star wars 1313 for ps4, that is intres....oh...some dude asking to sign a petition...well wasn't this thread stupid."

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#18 chaser324  Moderator

Locking this down. Misleading title and we really don't need spam that promotes pointless internet petitions and Twitter campaigns.