#1 Posted by Dark_Shadow (135 posts) -

Can someone help me and tell me which one is the best? 

(Oh, and please, if you don't like the game just don't post at all... Because I am sure I'm going to buy one of those two... thank you.)
#2 Posted by Dark_Shadow (135 posts) -
(Huh, Im sorry, I made two topics... Can someone delete one?)
#3 Edited by Snail (8574 posts) -

PM a mod. Example: MB, Hamz, CitizenKane.

And why are you buying the game now? II is 3 years old!

Anyway I suggest two...

#4 Posted by Dark_Shadow (135 posts) -

Because I love Star Wars and I love RPGs aswell, and for what I've seen this one is the best game made so far... 

#5 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

KOTOR1 is the best by far (in my opinion), but I do think that #2 was really good as well. I would recommend you just play both...KOTOR1 first and KOTOR2 second.

#6 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

kotor 1 is by far superior. mostly because kotor 2 contradicts kotor 1s story so much and has no real epic "OMG!" moments like in kotor 1 where you *spoilers*... kotor 2 is better gameplay wise i suppose but still falls short of the original.

#7 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

I agree with Kush, the first KotOR is by far the better game. To be honest, you can't go wrong with either.

#8 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

Im very sorry, but deciding between the two is impossible for me.

#9 Posted by Gameboi (653 posts) -

As a fan, you are obligated to play through both.  One is better, but two is just as fun.

#10 Posted by lebkin (330 posts) -

I would play KOTOR 1 first, if only because of chronological reasons.  You'll spoil some of the events of KOTOR 1, if you play 2 first.  I think they are pretty similar in enjoyment, with the edge going to 1 for some of its epic moments.  Playing them both on the PC, I had more bugs with KOTOR 2, but YMMV, especially if you play it on the Xbox.

#11 Posted by Hexpane (1397 posts) -

KOTOR 1 is better overall, but KOTOR 2 is more open in terms of character and party and weapon development.  Always play KOTOR 1 first, but for allah's sake, buy both games. 

#12 Posted by TekZero (2659 posts) -

I think most people will say 1 was better, but I prefer 2.

#13 Posted by Dark_Shadow (135 posts) -

Hmm, I got an idea, Ill get KOTOR 1 then! Thank ya!

(Ill think about 2 when I finish the first hehe)
#14 Posted by Zebadee (491 posts) -

KOTOR1, KOTOR2 and Mass Effect have gotta be some of the best games I have played, you can't go wrong with Bioware, let's hope they bring their rpg magic to their MMO.

#15 Posted by TekZero (2659 posts) -
Zebadee said:
"KOTOR1, KOTOR2 and Mass Effect have gotta be some of the best games I have played, you can't go wrong with Bioware, let's hope they bring their rpg magic to their MMO."

Technically, Bioware didn't develop Kotor 2.
#16 Posted by Hexpane (1397 posts) -
TekZero said:
"I think most people will say 1 was better, but I prefer 2."
I agree that I prefer 2 as well, but overall I think 1 is better, 2 falls apart in the story and is too buggy.  1 is more "solid" from top to bottom.  But I would never go back and play 1 again, I'm still playing 2 because of the deeper gameplay.
#17 Posted by TekZero (2659 posts) -

I agree completely.

#18 Posted by FloggerD (28 posts) -

One hands down, TSL doesn't even need to exist.

#19 Posted by Tordah (2469 posts) -

I haven't played the 2nd one yet but I can highly recommend the first one. It'll give you hours of entertainment.

#20 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

oh oh this just in - i've been playing kotor 1 again recently and the soundtrack is so epic

#21 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -

KOTOR 1 by far. Great RPG, 2 is good, but if you have to choose, go with 1.

#22 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I'm bummed I never got a chance to play KOTOR2. Unfortunately it's not 360 compatible and my original Xbox controllers both broke and I'm not willing to buy new ones for a console I'd pretty much never use again. I think KOTOR1 is one of the best games on the 360. I totally loved it. I actually beat it three times, which is quite a lot considering the length of the game.

#23 Posted by pause422 (6170 posts) -

Kotor 1 by far is the better game, 2 isn't bad or anything its still good, just 1 is better I'd say.

#24 Posted by Kazona (3058 posts) -

KOTOR 1 is definitely the better game, but if you're really a star wars fan and you aren't going to get too irked by a pretty crappy ending, then you should play 2 as well. Just to give an example of how much more i like 1 over 2.. I played the latter only once, and the first one I played so many times that I can't even remember exactly how many.

#25 Edited by Dark_Shadow (135 posts) -

As long as the game keeps me entertained I'm fine with it. And I guess both will entertain me for awhile... I'll just get the 1 to keep up with the story! 

#26 Posted by Gameboi (653 posts) -

Going off on a little bit of a Star Wars tangent, but I'd like to comment that while KOTOR I and II are great, you'll never encounter a cooler and more interesting droid in the entire SW universe than Proxy from Force Unleashed.  Just for the record...

#27 Posted by Dark_Shadow (135 posts) -

Lol, doesn't matter, I didn't like FU that much anyway...