Steam Account :/. Please help.

Destinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I had downloaded this thing which let a person know my steam account login info and everything, now I think my account is gone because I had locked it in fear that it could get stolen. I have many items and my inventory is worth quite a bit, now I have messaged steam support and done what I could to get it back but still nothing. Anyone have any ideas to solve this? Maybe a steam phone number I could call?

Any help is much appreciated.

~ Desty

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless things have gone really badly you should be able to retrieve your account using the password recovery process at Steam logon.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yesterday I had downloaded this thing which let a person know my steam account login info and everything

Could you explain this part?

Destinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: I locked my account, in fear that my items will be gone. I had downloaded an application named "tradeoffers" from a link which I had received in a group on my steam account, it said it will give me free stuff. I opened the application (although windows told me not to) and then it didn't do anything except run in the background. I then opened task manager and saw that it was running, so I immediately closed it and proceeded to lock my account. Sadly, they ask for proof of steam wallet top-up, but I had thrown away my reciepts. The only proof I have is proof of game purchase which was sent to my email. Is there any hope that I will recover my account or should I just give up now?

cwniles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this page may be helpful if your account was actually hijacked. http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=337490163

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as you have access to your email account you should be able to change your steam password.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I don't understand what "I locked my account" means in this context.

Evilbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a buddy who about 5 or 6 years ago was locked out of his steam account because they said he was hacking in TF2, which he was not. Well back then the Valve company home page had the phone number and extension of Gabe Newell on it under the "contacts" section. So he called Gabe and left a message on his voicemail. He called him and left messages like 5 times and then his account got unlocked. Gabe's phone number isn't on the website anymore. That would definitely be a good assist for you right now.