This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Snowfelhake (51 posts) -

Hi i actually a a few spare copies of games and i was wondering if some one on steam would be willing to trade for other games!

I have spare copies of:

Portal

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Half life 2 with HL2: Lost Coast.

if you're interested make me an offer!

my steam id is moebeeable

Thanks for looking :)

#2 Posted by h0lgr (908 posts) -

I'd love to trade for CoD 4. I've got two disc copies of it, but damn if I didn't need a Steam version. Fuck. Okay. Let me have a look at what I've got to trade.

#3 Posted by Trylks (829 posts) -

I'm shocked, is that possible on Steam?

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Trylks said:

Sort of? I think he's saying that he has these games to gift and he'll gift them to anybody who will gift him back.

#5 Posted by Snowfelhake (51 posts) -

yes, just add me and i will send the game as a gift

#6 Posted by Snowfelhake (51 posts) -

in return for another game of course :-)

#7 Posted by ajamafalous (11963 posts) -
@Trylks said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Trylks said:

Sort of? I think he's saying that he has these games to gift and he'll gift them to anybody who will gift him back.

Yes, game trading is possible on Steam and has been for a long while. It's not even gift-swapping; it's literally a trade interface where both things are exchanged at the same time. Any games that support Steam Inventory (TF2, Dota 2, Portal 2, SMNC, etc.) can also have their items traded cross-game or for other games on Steam. For example, I could trade a TF2 hat and a Dota 2 hat for a SMNC skin and a copy of Darksiders II, if I were so inclined.
#8 Posted by Cslaw (217 posts) -

i got three copies of renegade ops and one copy of frozen synapse

steam id metalhead550

#9 Posted by Trylks (829 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Trylks said:

Yes, game trading is possible on Steam and has been for a long while. It's not even gift-swapping; it's literally a trade interface where both things are exchanged at the same time. Any games that support Steam Inventory (TF2, Dota 2, Portal 2, SMNC, etc.) can also have their items traded cross-game or for other games on Steam. For example, I could trade a TF2 hat and a Dota 2 hat for a SMNC skin and a copy of Darksiders II, if I were so inclined.

That's awesome!

I don't have a gaming PC (it's a Linux laptop what I'm using now), but it's something good to know for the future. Thanks for the info.

#10 Posted by Snowfelhake (51 posts) -

@Cslaw: ill trade a copy of RO for HL2

#11 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

@Snowfelhake: I've got a copy of Burnout: Paradise the ultimate box if you're interested in trading it for CoD 4

#12 Edited by crunchmonkey (258 posts) -

I've got The Darkness II, Driver: San Francisco Deluxe Edition and Steam Community Beta Access for trade.

#13 Posted by BongChilla (215 posts) -

What is the criteria for games allowed to be traded? I'm assuming once they are installed they are no longer eligible right?

#14 Posted by h0lgr (908 posts) -
@Snowfelhake: I've got a tradeable copy of Nexuiz, willing to trade it for COD4.
#15 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

@BongChilla: Yes. They go to a separate Steam Inventory to be traded; once they are added to an account they cannot be traded. Also, a Steam account must be "verified" to trade games, which happens 30 days after the accounts first store purchase.

#16 Posted by MattyFTM (14370 posts) -

@BongChilla: Only games in your inventory are tradeable. Games you've purchased yourself and added to your library aren't tradeable. Only games you've purchased specifically for gifting/trading, or games you've recieved to your inventory free via a promotion are able to be traded.

#17 Posted by AlexW00d (6238 posts) -

I've got a bunch of dumb shit if anyone doesn't already own Portal, the Orange Box, and Portal 2. Also Abe's Odyssey. Are those even things worth anything to anyone?

#18 Posted by Cslaw (217 posts) -

@AlexW00d: trade renegade ops or frozen synapse for Abe's Odyssey?

#19 Posted by AlexW00d (6238 posts) -

@Cslaw: I own them both already, sorreh.

#20 Posted by Gruff182 (855 posts) -

Have copies of - The Ship or Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus. If anyones interested in trade.

#21 Posted by Jrad (621 posts) -

I have a copy of Achron, that crazy time-travelling RTS, if anyone wants to trade.

#22 Posted by mracoon (4967 posts) -

We already have a Steam trading thread so stick to that please.