#1 Posted by yomamadude77 (2 posts) -

I bought civ 5 a few years ago and now that i have a new computer and lost the disk casing i am very sad that i can't play. Is there anyways around having to use the verification code to play a game or do i have to re-purchase it?

#2 Posted by Twisted (158 posts) -

I don't own the game, but if it uses Steam, then it should be attached to your library and you can just redownload it through there without needing a code.

#3 Posted by yomamadude77 (2 posts) -

@twisted: ive already tried doing that it gives me a message saying error: 4421. And steam closes so i made a new steam account,and its on that account were it wont let me download the game

#4 Posted by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -

Just login to your Steam account and you can redownload it. No need for the disc or the Steam key.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@twisted: ive already tried doing that it gives me a message saying error: 4421. And steam closes so i made a new steam account,and its on that account were it wont let me download the game

Well, that's because you can't download the game on a new account because your old account is the one that owns the game.

#6 Edited by Dick_Mohawk (375 posts) -

I suggest you contact Steam support using your original account. If the client is acting up, login to the browser version and contact them that way.