#1 Edited by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

For the second episode of Steve & Matts (Honestly, that's the best I got) we sat down and got deep in the Lang Zone. We interviewed Dave about Divekick. Find out why it isn't coming out around this week as planned, details on an upcoming demo, and challenges with Steam Greenlight a developer might face.

You can listen, download, and get your RSS on, here.

Podcast Notes/Links

Go here to get a quote on kickboxes.

Here's Iron Galaxy's Youtube page for all that hot Divekick action.

Like this? Check out my interview with one of Divekick's artists, Anna Kooiman.

Want to see Divekick on PC? Well, you'll need to Greenlight it!

@stevenbeynon

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11003 posts) -

Haha, rad! I will give this a listen.

#3 Posted by FLStyle (4694 posts) -

Some hot pre-EVO Divekick chat is music to my ears.

#4 Edited by ttthrasher (63 posts) -

Two Matts and a Steveza Place

#5 Posted by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

Two Matts and a Steveza Place

Two Matts One Steve?

#6 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Awesome, will definitely listen when I get home.

#7 Edited by AiurFlux (902 posts) -

I'm gonna check it out.

And keeping on topic about the topic, but going slightly off topic into a tangent, I've come to the knee-jerk uninformed and uneducated conclusion that Greenlight is a massive clusterfuck. When an unfinished game based on YouTube personalities can get through, but a game that they're seriously considering or actually doing at EVO gets completely ignored and railroaded at every turn makes the whole process fucking infuriating.

Least that's what I get out of it. I've seen better arguments on why it's a massive bumbling sack of shit, so I'll just stick with my terrible "RAH RAH RAH THIS IS SHIT" rhetoric.

#8 Edited by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

@aiurflux said:

I'm gonna check it out.

And keeping on topic about the topic, but going slightly off topic into a tangent, I've come to the knee-jerk uninformed and uneducated conclusion that Greenlight is a massive clusterfuck. When an unfinished game based on YouTube personalities can get through, but a game that they're seriously considering or actually doing at EVO gets completely ignored and railroaded at every turn makes the whole process fucking infuriating.

Least that's what I get out of it. I've seen better arguments on why it's a massive bumbling sack of shit, so I'll just stick with my terrible "RAH RAH RAH THIS IS SHIT" rhetoric.

Dave Lang talks about some issues he has noticed about the service. So give the show a listen and hopefully you'll find that valuable. For me, it's some of the best insight I've heard from someone with experience in the business. Let me know what you think.

#9 Posted by MrSpaceMan (118 posts) -

Just finished it, good show duders!

#11 Edited by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -
#12 Posted by Fustigate (18 posts) -

That was a really good interview. Dave seems real open about the process of making games.

#13 Edited by Phished0ne (2506 posts) -

"you get better, you get better, you get better, then you get worse, and start overthinking yourself" -Dave Lang

ahhhh....Mike Ross. (the classic)

On a serious note, great interview, its great to hear Dave go into a little more detail about problems with greenlight. Always enjoy some Divekick discussion.

#14 Posted by BisonHero (6521 posts) -

Haha, during the EVO commentary, Lang actually remembered to call out Kessler for eating during the podcast. Totally put him on blast (on blasters?). It was hilarious.

#15 Posted by oldjack327 (134 posts) -

That was a great interview. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this makes it through Steam Greenlight, because I will play that crap out of some Divekick.

#16 Posted by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

Haha, during the EVO commentary, Lang actually remembered to call out Kessler for eating during the podcast. Totally put him on blast (on blasters?). It was hilarious.

You got a link to that or can give me the full story to that?