#1 Edited by Demoskinos (14722 posts) -

So, the PS+ lineup for North America for May 2014 has been announced and it is as follows:

Source - Playstation Blog

I uh, well am probably skipping everything this month. Nothing that really excites me. Stick it to the man seems okay but it also seems like I'd be bored with it within the span of two hours. Skullgirls is cool and all but also that game seems way too crazy for me.

#2 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5352 posts) -

First sports game in a while, can one successfully play PES at as high a level as Vinny and Jeff?

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

Ew, now this is a bad month. Well, I guess Stick it to the Man didn't look too bad from the Quick Look and I always wanted to try out Puppeteer. Those are the only ones I'm remotely interested in, however.

#4 Edited by ChrisHarris (275 posts) -

It seems like the slowest month since I've had Plus, at least for me. I already have Limbo on at least two platforms. I saw about as much as I want to see of Puppeteer in the Quick Look. I don't play sports sims or fighting games, either. The only thing I'm interested in is Stick it to the Man. For once, I'm actually jealous of the EU offering. I would personally rather have Stick it to the Man, Muramasa Rebirth, and Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational.

#5 Edited by Demoskinos (14722 posts) -

@fluxwavez: Yeah especially since Europe is getting Muramasa Rebirth on Vita next month. =(

#6 Edited by mosespippy (4101 posts) -

At first I thought it was a bad month. But I'll try Puppeteer. I was thinking of installing FIFA 2001 on my PC yesterday, which is the most recent soccer game I've played, but now I don't have to. I'll try Skullgirls. I'm not a huge fighting game player but it could be alright for a round or two whenever a crowd of people are over for a game night. I have Limbo but it's great and more people should play it. It's also a game that you can double dip on with trophies if you already own the PS3 version. Don't know what Surge Deluxe is but at worst it's a shitty puzzle game that I can delete after 5 minutes.

#7 Posted by mrfluke (5127 posts) -

eh, all those actually look interesting to me. especially for the price of free with ps plus. im in for skullgirls and stick it to the man.

#8 Posted by Tom_omb (366 posts) -

Already have Limbo and Puppeteer and I'll bank Stick it to the Man until I get a PS4. Skullgirls looks cool in the way fighting games have great art and characters, but it's still a fighting game. While I'm not generally into sports games, I have been on a bit of a local multilayer kick. Maybe PES can be fun if it's accessible enough.

#9 Posted by TheBlue (327 posts) -

I already bought Puppeteer when it was on sale. I don't really know what Limbo is? I'm more disappointed we aren't also getting Muramasa cause I kinda wanted to check that out, but I didn't want to just drop the cash in case I didn't like it. Yeah, kind of a bum month.

#10 Edited by Make_Me_Mad (3043 posts) -

It should also be noted here that two of the characters funded by the Indiegogo campaign for Skullgirls are now released and are currently free; the others, when released, will likewise be free. Now's as good a time as any to pick up Skullgirls Encore and the new characters and give it a shot, especially for the low price of nothing.

Edit: This should also probably mention that there's a third free character created from unused animations and such on April Fools' Day, who was totally unrelated to the indiegogo campaign and does not count towards the as of yet unreleased characters.

#11 Edited by Roboculus92 (494 posts) -

Puppeteer ended up going on PS Plus sooner than I thought it would. I bought it cheap during some sale a while ago and though I was certain it was coming to PS Plus at some point, I still felt okay paying to support the developer here. I've got some interest in Stick It to The Man and Skullgirls so it's an alright month for me.

edit: Whoops, I didn't notice that Stick It to The Man was a PS4 game. Guess I'll just add it to the collection and play it later when I get a PS4.

#12 Posted by mosespippy (4101 posts) -

@theblue said:

I don't really know what Limbo is?

You're in a great situation then. Download it and play it in one sitting. It's maybe 3 or 4 hours your first time through. Play with headphones at night/during a rain storm if you can.

#13 Edited by Nodima (1155 posts) -

Fuck, why isn't the Limbo offer for PS3 too? I'll likely try Puppeteer but I REALLY expect to hate it.

Also, Winning Eleven 8 was EASILY my pick over FIFA at the time but I haven't been much into soccer games since. I'll definitely give PES a shot just for something else competitive to have on the system alongside NBA 2K, Jam and SFIV:AE.

#14 Posted by Darkstalker (868 posts) -

Kinda meh but these are kinda the plus games I want: games I wouldn't buy but a, semi interested in.

I'll never buy a soccer game but I'll be interested to see what the fuss is about

#15 Posted by evanbower (1210 posts) -

I'm just here to say that Stick it to the Man is a pretty great game.

#16 Posted by spraynardtatum (2789 posts) -

Stick it to the Man looked good. Had a Psychonauts look to it and I'll get behind anything that is like Psychonauts. Because Psychonauts is one of the greatest games of all time.

Psychonauts

#17 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10827 posts) -

I give next month's line up a resounding meh.

#18 Posted by RecSpec (3798 posts) -

Puppeteer is a game I'm interested in yet don't already own. Good enough month for me.

#19 Posted by Nightriff (4972 posts) -

That is really disappointing, maybe I'll finally play Limbo, Vita version alright I bet.

#20 Posted by cloudnineboya (790 posts) -

i will have stick it to the man the QL looked sort of fun, shame there is no everybodys golf yet for ps4

#21 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

What were April's (or March and February) free games for North America? I don't recall anything great on PS Plus since Brothers and Bioshock and Tomb Raider, which was January.

#22 Edited by ChrisHarris (275 posts) -

@rachelepithet said:

What were April's (or March and February) free games for North America? I don't recall anything great on PS Plus since Brothers and Bioshock and Tomb Raider, which was January.

The free games in April for NA are/were Batman: Arkham City, Mercenary Kings, PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD, Stealth Inc., Velocity Ultra, and Castle of Illusion.

EDIT: Tomb Raider was apparently in March... along with Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition, Thomas Was Alone, Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut, Unit 13, and Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite.

February was Outlast, Metro: Last Light, PayDay 2, Remember Me, Street Fighter x Tekken, and ModNation Racers: Road Trip.

#23 Posted by Y2Ken (1110 posts) -

I'm glad Skullgirls managed to make it back onto the store, and that it gets to be part of this. That game is great.

It also has probably the best tutorial mode in any 2D fighter that I've encountered. If you want to learn the basic mechanics of 2D fighting games, it's a fantastic place to start.

#24 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5367 posts) -

Finally, a Psn+ game for Ps4 I'm interested in. I'm remember seeing "Stick it to the man" on UPF and thinking it looked neat. I can't wait to play it for myself.

#25 Posted by TheBlue (327 posts) -

@theblue said:

I don't really know what Limbo is?

You're in a great situation then. Download it and play it in one sitting. It's maybe 3 or 4 hours your first time through. Play with headphones at night/during a rain storm if you can.

Yeah, I'll certainly at least download it and check it out. The couple of screens I've seen seem interesting.

#26 Posted by mosespippy (4101 posts) -

@nodima: Limbo on PS3 and Vita aren't cross buy or cross save. They don't share trophies and came out almost two years apart. They are not the same product, despite being the same product.

#27 Posted by Nodima (1155 posts) -

@mosespippy: I get that but I don't own or plan to own a Vita/handheld. Just disappointed it's not the PS3 version 'cause I'd like to play it but have a pretty tight wallet when it comes to indie stuff.

#28 Posted by mosespippy (4101 posts) -

@nodima: I'm pretty sure I've seen it on sale on Steam or the Humble Store for $.50 or $1. Right now it's part of the Humble Weekly Sale. I've also noticed that Steam and other PC digital distributors will put the PS+ games on sale at the same time as PS+ (give or take a week) to try and compete with it or to capitalize on the extra search traffic and general interest that those games get.

#29 Edited by csl316 (8349 posts) -

I already own most of these, but it's a solid line up. Nothing earthshattering but plenty of cool games.

I'm just excited more people will try Stick it to the Man.

#30 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1260 posts) -

@theblue: Limbo is not a long game but it's dark and atmospheric puzzler. Also here's the quicklook

#31 Posted by Nodima (1155 posts) -

@nodima: I'm pretty sure I've seen it on sale on Steam or the Humble Store for $.50 or $1. Right now it's part of the Humble Weekly Sale. I've also noticed that Steam and other PC digital distributors will put the PS+ games on sale at the same time as PS+ (give or take a week) to try and compete with it or to capitalize on the extra search traffic and general interest that those games get.

I use a 2008 iMac and 2008 Macbook, but thanks anyway.

#32 Posted by TurboMan (7498 posts) -

I never got to play Limbo, this seems to be the perfect time.

Also, Stick it to the Man looks like an imitation Double Fine game, so I think I'd be into that. Already had Puppeteer.

Pretty good month. PS+ usually goes all out at E3 so I'm expecting Killzone and Knack to pop in the store then.

#33 Posted by Demoskinos (14722 posts) -

@turboman: Man, E3 won't be the same without Jack this year. =(

#34 Edited by mosespippy (4101 posts) -

@nodima: That's a tough situation then. I was using a 2006 macbook pro until last year. Almost nothing runs well on something that old now.

#35 Posted by Levius (1096 posts) -

Over here in Europe I'm pretty stoked we're getting Muramsa Rebirth, it always was one of those games I was on the fringe of buying.

#36 Posted by HatKing (5875 posts) -

Maybe the step down in free games will mean a bit more of a focus on their sales? I've finally recovered from the really rough holiday season I had this year, and I'm fucking dying to blow some money on some good deals.

#37 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5352 posts) -

Not really sure what all the complaints are for, these are 3 games in 3 different genres for the PS3 and I'm mildly interested in all of them for that reason. When you get right down to it there just aren't all that many recent stellar games from this generation to pick from so having a bunch of pretty good games is fine.

#38 Posted by Mortuss_Zero (204 posts) -

You guys mostly sound bummed, that's a shame. I'm excited for Puppeteer and Skullgirls.

#39 Posted by WesleyWyndam (153 posts) -

I'm looking forward to trying out Stick it to the man. I've already played Limbo and none of the other titles are in my wheelhouse.

#40 Edited by cloudymusic (1099 posts) -

I was vaguely interested in Stick It To The Man after seeing it on GB a few months back, so I'll definitely check it out for free. Better than something that I'm not interested in at all!