#1 Posted by MittWaffen (4 posts) -

Look at this guys...the forums already are insane, people posting "Cake or Pie" in the General forum of the gaming website. You guys need to sit the fuck down....stop trying to bring your post count up and runing the forums.

Sign this if your with me.....if not well........keep on spaming.

#2 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

None of us are spamming, were just going insane in the wake of a great site launch. I don't see myself making any irrelevant posts, so I stand by my post count with pride, not shame

#3 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -
Termite said:
"None of us are spamming, were just going insane in the wake of a great site launch. I don't see myself making any irrelevant posts, so I stand by my post count with pride, not shame
"
same here, and the cake and pie, is an inside joke from jeff gerstmann.
#4 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -
Termite said:
"None of us are spamming, were just going insane in the wake of a great site launch. I don't see myself making any irrelevant posts, so I stand by my post count with pride, not shame
"
lol i agree, unless the people that are spamming which they should stop
#5 Posted by Soopy (46 posts) -

i agree with the insaness. we arent posting dumb comments but just posting fast because of this adrenaline woot.

#6 Posted by Ehden (214 posts) -

Although i don't see that much spam i do think they should take down the top posters because it's just going to turn into a competition and spamming will happen.

#7 Posted by Hobbies (976 posts) -

This happens on every forum, especially at the start of such a big one.

You can't stop it no matter how annoying it is, unfortunately.

#8 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

I'm glad my compadres here agree with me!

#9 Posted by Pikachu (449 posts) -

so your expecting everyone to stop posting and wait for you to post?

#10 Posted by Kaneda (22 posts) -

Theres an easy solution to this. Get rid of the postcount. Works as intended. Enough other ways to waggle the E-Peen nowadays.

#11 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

I have been here all day (its evening for me), I have yet to see one irrelevant post, I go behind my post count. not because it shows that i am insane, but it shows that this forum has quality that users can post without spamming and still have a high post count.

#12 Posted by Jax (461 posts) -

If we got rid of post count, people wouldn't feel unique and special, haha.

#13 Posted by Johanz (248 posts) -

Well, there are alot of strange topics where there isn't much interesting stuff going on, people just posting, but I guess it will die down once the site calms down and some moderators gets on board and all.

#14 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Were just having fun
Sooo happy the website launched =D

#15 Edited by OroJackson (680 posts) -

Wait what? Isn't this just as much spamming as the Cake vs. Pie thread.

This thread is so ironic my head just exploded!!

#16 Posted by Toseph (370 posts) -

I honestly couldn't care less about post count I'm just glad that Giant Bomb has launched

#17 Posted by AnonymousLegion (64 posts) -

I haven't seen any spam so far as such. But yeah, I do know what you mean. If there were no post count, the forums would not be what they are now.

#18 Posted by De5 (98 posts) -

Cake or Pie is a necessary topic on any forum.

#19 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -

Getting rid of the post count doesn't really work in stopping people from posting lots, I've seen it happen on other forums.

#20 Posted by Locke (330 posts) -

Thanks for the thread. Also Cake and Pie are the staple foods of any forum.

Again. Thanks for the thread +1
#21 Posted by MittWaffen (4 posts) -

Yeah...so this topic got posted??? (lagging servers) anyway....for the record bumb.....is actually spelt bump.
spamming...not really jackson going out on quite a limb there.

Anyway Great website glad to see this wiki type based gaming website...keep it up.

#22 Posted by Jandurin (186 posts) -

+1 to post count for you, TC :o

and to me, for responding.

Cake vs. Pie is one of the most important topics in life.  Learn to live it and love it or leave it.

#23 Posted by Hulk (428 posts) -

Hulk is postwhore and proud of it.  Hulk SMASH anyone that disapproves.

#24 Posted by Peewi (410 posts) -
Jax said:
"If we got rid of post count, people wouldn't feel unique and special, haha.
"

What about the point system? That shows how many additions you've made to the database and would be much better than post count.
#25 Posted by SmAsH (234 posts) -

By creating this thread, you've helped make a thread to bump post counts up. YAY! And I'm super crazy funaliciously bombing out right now!

#26 Posted by dillonator (145 posts) -

I would cry for you, but I am too busy uping my post count again.

#27 Edited by bekern (563 posts) -

stop trying to spell you're ruining the forums

#28 Posted by ArtTeitlebaum (14 posts) -

I agree that the post count seems to be responsible for a lot of one liners in not so relevant threads. Like this.

#29 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Cake or Pie is an epic topic

#30 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -

Dude just let us chill, we feel good getting away from the GameSpot mods, specially SoulReaverCross, I hate that girl, I mean guy?

#31 Posted by Lairdo (543 posts) -

People who post solely to raise there post count are sad to say the least.

#32 Posted by Resonate (172 posts) -

define "relevant"

#33 Posted by ToRo (209 posts) -

Not everyone is spamming. Their just really excited to have the site up and running.

#34 Posted by blizzvalve (128 posts) -

I don't see much spam. they're just OT comments. It's just that the OT comments are mixed with everything else because nothing is listed in categories

#35 Posted by Tachikoma (70 posts) -

Well it could be worse, there could be a reputation system, that would be abused to hell and back.

#36 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -

Ah, so a low score hides something. Interesting, good idea I suppose. Anyway, people have a right to post when they want, just wait for the mods to come, then if that right is abused they'll get in trouble *cackles*

#37 Posted by Lies (3867 posts) -

Methinks things will die down shortly. It's just an explosive (Haha, see what I did there?) launch, and lots of people want to post right away.

If you think the forums are too busy, go do some wiki stuff. I've been doing that all day and I already have 86 points :)

#38 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Meh bumping post counts and posting is a matter of opinion. What you feel is a pointless post could be a revolation for someone else ;)!

#39 Posted by Julian_jr (418 posts) -

I think some people are just really excited and posting a lot.

#40 Posted by Julian_jr (418 posts) -

I think some people are just really excited and posting a lot.

#41 Posted by Apollo (471 posts) -

Posting about irrelevant stuff with a bunch of people who are doing the same =/= Spamming.

#42 Posted by DazbotAthertron (874 posts) -

I'll probably sit on this site all night lol