Street Fighter 4?

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By TomA

i like fighting games,but i'm not terribly good at them,except for Soul calibur 4,is street fighter a good game for newbies like me?

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By PureRok
Ono says it is.
Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Thrawn1

not really, unless you have someone else to play with. sf is pretty hard to get "good" at.

despite all that, sf4 will have a "trainer", hopefully it'll do its job...

cgriffiths86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By cgriffiths86

The good thing about Street Fighter is it can be as easy or hard as you make it. Most of the characters don't have a ton of moves to learn and some of the more complex things added in Street Fighter 3:Third Strike have been removed and 4 is back to basics. You can't do too well just button mashing like in Soul Calibur,DOA, etc. If you go online you will probably get pretty messed up, but it will be great to learn. You can also download Street Fighter 2 HD from Xbox Live/PSN to get use to the fighting style and learn some of the moves. All in all Street Fighter 4 looks great and if the online is as smooth as it is in HD Remix than it will be the fighting game to beat.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By HairyMike87

Almost any game that has been around for a long time will be tough to get into if you plan on playing other people online. I've been playing the series since the early 90's and I still get whooped  pretty bad. I think that if you want to get into the series, IV will be a good start if they have a well developed training mode that actually teaches you some things with the characters rather than just an infinite fight.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Diamond

You don't have to be that good at SF2 to enjoy it, and it sounds like SF4 is similar in that way.  Some fighting games do feel like they have a steep learning curve for enjoyment, but I don't think SF4 will be one. 

Terra1909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Terra1909

I'd say Street Fighter is easy to learn but hard to master.

Will you get your butt whipped in HD Remix online? You sure will. I hope 4 has a good online matchmaking system though, to pit people of similar skill levels against each other.

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Cheapoz

SC IV was the first fighter I picked up since SF II back in the day, and I must say I got right into it. Not to the point where I memorised the move list, but had a ball. I'm seriously thinking of getting SF IV to tide me over 3 weeks until RE5...