Street Fighter 4 is Killing Me!

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

When Street Fighter 4 was announced, I couldn't care less.
Then as gameplay videos starting pouring out, I've been starting to want the game a bit more each time I see it.

Come today, it looks awesome.
That being said, it suffers from two problems.  One, the game will cost $100 as I have to get the game as well as the fightpad (2d fighters suck with the 360 controller).  Granted, this will also be used for Tekken 6, but still.  The other problem is that is a fighter really worth $60?  Do these games even last very long?  I remember back during the ps1 time there was a shitload of fighters that would last a week.  Granted, Tekken lasted me ages and I'm even playing Tekken 3 over my wii when my xbox is being repaired.  But still, what do you think?

Here's a new video.  I must say, I do love the choppy movements, it really adds a personality to the game

And this will be the last fighter since DOA3 I owned, last fighter since something on the ps1 that was actually good.  Brawl I own, but is different.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

I only became really excited for this when I saw the PS3 Collectors Edition. Looked awesome.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By wefwefasdf

Me too. It looks sick but I wonder how it would play with just the normal D-Pad.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince
SpikeSpiegel said:
"Me too. It looks sick but I wonder how it would play with just the normal D-Pad."
Should be fine on the PS3 controller. I don't think it will be great on the 360 one.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Illmatic

I don't know if its just me but I never felt comfortable playing fighting games on a d-pad. Back when sf2 came out for the snes I hated the game mechanics simply because I couldn't pull of any of the moves. With the emergence of control sticks though, I find it MUCH easier to use the stick rather than the pad. That being said, I now have tons of problems doing charge moves in the game, which makes pulling off Vega's super in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix all the more challenging. I have been practicing with Sagat and Fei Long a whole lot after I decided for sure I'd be picking this game up. This will actually be the third hard copy fighting game I actually own, the other two being Guilty Gear X2# Reload for the Xbox and Capcom vs SNK 2: EO for the Gamecube. Not much of a fighting game fan so my desire for this game is pretty rare. Surprised that I care for the game at all.

Rivix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rivix

The art style still bothers me, but I hope its a good game. I'm not a Street Fighter player, but I hope all of you enjoy it. 

Steven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Steven

Exactly, I love everything about this game, but I just don't know if I can justify the price.  It looks beautiful, and really fun...but I just don't know if I'd get enough out of it to be worth that much money.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422
SmugDarkLoser said:
"

When Street Fighter 4 was announced, I couldn't care less.
Then as gameplay videos starting pouring out, I've been starting to want the game a bit more each time I see it.

Come today, it looks awesome.
That being said, it suffers from two problems.  One, the game will cost $100 as I have to get the game as well as the fightpad (2d fighters suck with the 360 controller).  Granted, this will also be used for Tekken 6, but still.  The other problem is that is a fighter really worth $60?  Do these games even last very long?  I remember back during the ps1 time there was a shitload of fighters that would last a week.  Granted, Tekken lasted me ages and I'm even playing Tekken 3 over my wii when my xbox is being repaired.  But still, what do you think?

Here's a new video.  I must say, I do love the choppy movements, it really adds a personality to the game

And this will be the last fighter since DOA3 I owned, last fighter since something on the ps1 that was actually good.  Brawl I own, but is different.

"
Well of course every games replayability will differ from person to person, but it really comes down to your previous experiences I guess. I mean if you want it, of course you're going to get it regardless, but I'd say think about how long a fighting game usually lasts for you, or how long you actually continue playing it. I can't wait for SF4 to come out, and I'm getting a pad too, but since finally buying HD remix on live last night, I'm totally ready to play a shit ton of it, so it will be worth it for me.
jonb1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jonb1
LiquidPrince said:
"SpikeSpiegel said:
"Me too. It looks sick but I wonder how it would play with just the normal D-Pad."
Should be fine on the PS3 controller. I don't think it will be great on the 360 one.

"
The devs said they prefer the 360 pad over the PS3 pad. Anywho.....i play GGX on the 360 pad just fine. All my moves comes out no problem. But when i play...say SF2, the controller feels unresponsive. Its strange, as both games have very similar if not in some cases identical move sets. The PS3 pad isnt that good eitther. Seems like its finally arcade stick time for me.