Strider HD announced for Current and next gen systems

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can you feel the excitement ? !! Capcom has announced that Strider HD will be coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC and is being developed by Killer instinct (2013) Devs double helix.

Capcom reports that Strider will feature "an ultra-responsive control system, with incredibly satisfying combat options in every traversal context—standing, running, wall climbing, hanging, aerial and more." It will also offer "the massive interconnected world of Kazakh City which players can explore in any direction they choose. The traditional level structure has been replaced with a retraceable world and a deep ability upgrade system which enables Hiryu to build more power and abilities to penetrate ever deeper into the dystopian adventure."

Avaliable early 2014

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/18/sdcc-capcom-announces-strider-hd

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damnit sorry didnt see the other thread lock please

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

By the makers of GI Joe: Rise of the Cobra... only bangers.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilnights: I bet if sega every do a streets of rage "hd" or a remake double helix will be developing it.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

Why the hell is Double Helix, a developer of movie license trash and what might be the most despised Silent Hill game, getting projects like Killer Instinct and Strider?

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@icemael said:

Why the hell is Double Helix, a developer of movie license trash and what might be the most despised Silent Hill game, getting projects like Killer Instinct and Strider?

Yeah really though. Like who thought "Hey let's give these two insanely nostalgic series reboots, and let's give them to Double Helix."

I am still optimistic though. I really don't feel that MS and Rare will let them do a shitty job of Killer Instinct, and I don't think Capcom will let them do a shitty job of Strider. And I actually enjoyed Homecoming, it was better than 3 and Downpour for me personally.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

@xyzygy said:

@icemael said:

Yeah really though. Like who thought "Hey let's give these two insanely nostalgic series reboots, and let's give them to Double Helix."

I am still optimistic though. I really don't feel that MS and Rare will let them do a shitty job of Killer Instinct, and I don't think Capcom will let them do a shitty job of Strider. And I actually enjoyed Homecoming, it was better than 3 and Downpour for me personally.

Homecoming was the worst, I'm not entirely sure Microsoft knows what a good fighting game is, and Capcom's track record of outsourcing is hit or miss.

Also, Double Helix was responsible for the abomination that was Front Mission Evolved.

So yeah, I'm not holding my breath.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read on twitter that the original creators of Strider 1 and 2 are coming back to do this game and that Double Helix is only MAKING the game. That could mean a lot, but I'm with most people in that I'm not holding my breath.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

So somebody's porting Strider 2 to modern consoles?