Subscribers - Why Did You Commit?

SUPER_STANO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#351  Edited By SUPER_STANO

Support for all the awesome whiskey sites (even though I never go to anime vice)

Avatar image for kevin.austin94@
kevin.austin94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#352  Edited By kevin.austin94

Because I have been here since the beginning and have come to love all of you people, staff and community, and will support you guys in any way I can.

Avatar image for depressing_wizard
Depressing_Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After hearing about the podcast split, I originally wasn't going to subscribe just because I didn't think it was right. But after watching the Big Live Live Show: Live, I realized how hard they work, and just how much entertainment I get from them. They deserve some of my money. But it was mostly for the shirt.

SonicBoyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By SonicBoyster

I absorb way too much content on this website, and I've held no complaints about anything I've watched or listened to which was produced by these guys.  I'm also a huge fan of the rest of Whiskey Media, seeing as several of them are people I used to listen to weekly on their previous podcasts.  This is one of the only websites I even visit online and I imagine it's worth a little bit of pocket money.  Giantbomb is the Edge... magazine... of internet gaming... websites.  So that means it's worth it.

Skogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#355  Edited By Skogen

I don't want the shirt or the HD video. I did it for the support. These cats are doin' big thangs. real talk.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#356  Edited By demontium

The T-shirt, to support, that special live thing on friday, and HD- 

Wait, every feature is pretty legit.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#357  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I committed to a measily five bucks because I just wanted to support the site. They've given me hours upon hours of content for free, so I felt it's the least I could do.

freecajunlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#358  Edited By freecajunlove

I spend more money sending them stuff in the mail.

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By TorMasturba

I've never been prouder of supporting something I love in all my life. 

And while that might sound callous, when it comes to charities I was ok to pay them some money and then I'd stop thinking about it. But Giantbomb is my home on the internet, and I'm also very fond of Tested as well! 
(Previously known as Crusnchill and starting from scratch)

Joris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By Joris

For tha luv!

tfleming84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#361  Edited By tfleming84

Whiskey has been consistently delivering some of the most funny, entertaining content on the web for free to me for a long time. I can't help but feel obligated to give back a little if these guys need some cash. Hell, they deserve it. If this money helps them avoid all of the pitfalls and strings attached with taking money from advertisers, everybody wins. They can keep the awesome, loose, laid-back style and i get to keep reading and watching all substantially subjective, honest reportage.  
...oh yeah the shirt, too  

And to the bombcast complainers...fuck you. you can't wait like 6 or 7 days to hear the rest of it? nobody owes you shit. you are not entitled to shit. It's still free. If you wanna see half of it early, pony up the money or shut the fuck up and deal. 

sundby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By sundby

To be honest I didn't even read what the benefits were to be a subscriber, I just went and paid the annual cost the minute I saw it.

I am not one of those who expect great things to be free, and I like paying for quality. Giant Bomb is the greatest video games *anything* I've ever seen, and I want them to know that. As long as Jeff, Vinny, Ryan and Brad are here I won't need to think twice about that.

Hell, if they somehow managed to get the old 1UP/Area5 video crew I'd probably see no problem paying twice what I am now.

Moth_Pope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By Moth_Pope

Honestly feel I've had more than $50 worth of enjoyment over the last couple of years, I think they deserve it for that alone and wanted to support. Also the cool benefits for subscribing in general. But now I sort of wish I had a phone that had an HTML5 browser for the mobile site.

... This is getting expensive. ;)

Navyseils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#364  Edited By Navyseils

I cant get enough of the whiskey media stuff and decided I'd like to be a part of that and contributed. In return I get some nice extra features, a shirt, and the warm fuzzy feeling inside of having helped keep something I love alive.

tukenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By tukenstein

It's GiantBomb, how could I not want to spend my money on it?

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#366  Edited By ToxicAntidote
@ZoRzEr said:
" Support the free stuffs. Support whiskey media. HD. Puppies. "
Support the free stuff...by paying for it...?
Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#367  Edited By Johnny5

This should be a poll so we can gauge the most popular reasons. For me it was to support them, and i like the shirt.

Slaneesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By Slaneesh
@Jimi said:
" Going to buy the subscription next pay-date.  I love the site, it's as simple as that. The only gaming website that gives a totally honest opinion. "
This. 

Im suprised the ammount of hatred i saw in the comments for the podcast. Its not like you actually lose that much if you dont sub. Basically things stay the same except youll be a week behind in the bombcast.
Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369  Edited By Mcfart

Supporting WM, Bombcast unsplit, and downloading the P4 ER so I can watch it on my mobile.

Tsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By Tsai

I just signed up!, mainly for the support, it's only $5, heck I live in New Zealand, I'm paying almost $7 a month from here :P

Hope my contribution and many others will increase more crazy GB videos and audio content!

Great live show guys!

navyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#371  Edited By navyboy

Mostly to support Giant Bomb and repay them from the 100s of hours spent just with the endurance runs, not to mention all the bombcasts and quick looks over the years.

SunKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#372  Edited By SunKing

Although it goes against my personal consumer ethos, I subscribed because I wanted to support the Whisky Media enterprise, not necessarily for the additional features. I don't like the idea of charity or supporting broken business models, but the practical reality is, at the moment, that Whiskey Media obviously needs to start getting money in – otherwise there's going to be cutbacks to content, and I didn't want that. I do think, however, that more value needs to be added to the subscription.

rick9109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#373  Edited By rick9109

I was promised a free plate . . .

recspec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By recspec

To support Whiskey Media.

And for this awesome medal

moondogger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By moondogger

It's worth the price of a videogame to me to support a thing which gives me hours of enjoyment every year. 

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#376  Edited By B0nd07  Online

To support Giant Bomb and to try and keep the Bombcast as it is for everyone.

smikwily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By smikwily

Supporting a great site. I listened to the membership podcast on the way to work and started the regular Bombcast up after that. Listened to a few minutes of it on the way to lunch. Was thinking about doing the $50 thing on the way back out the car and as I started back to the office, I about wrecked due to the whole bedbugs/DDT/wrestling comments. Realized that the Bombcast is the most entertaining thing I listen to as both a gamer and as someone with an hour commute and it wouldn't be fair for me to not support them for as much as they've given me.

Landmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378  Edited By Landmine

I subbed because I love the content on all the sites and I want to see more. I could honestly care less about what I get in return as long as these sites are around to keep me informed and entertained.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#379  Edited By jacdg

How do you upgrade you account?

danteazure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380  Edited By danteazure

I wanted to support these guys for all the awesome stuff they do on a weekly basis.

nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#381  Edited By nvmfst

Because Brad is just so darn cute, and Jeff's track suit.

MoistJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By MoistJohn

the mobile site was a loss on me, since i don't have a smartphone. but the HD video will be neat and if this place is going to be filling up with ads, i can see myself getting annoyed by it. It's kinda weird that i'm paying to keep stuff as they are and not for new, awesome stuff, but like someone here said before me, i have paid more for less before. 

plus, whiskey media sites is probably 80% of my interests, and i'd like to help them stay cool and hopefully become cooler. 

also, the 10 bucks shipping for my shirt was annoying. no one said anything about it and it felt kinda like "oh hey, now that you are almost finished with signing up, we forgot to mention...." 
I did not like that move.

Enns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383  Edited By Enns

This is the only  game site I check everyday. It does everything so well while being genuine and entertaining.
That's why I bought the shirts, the app, and now subscribe. I'm glad I'm able to support these guys even if I'm tool for paying for a site, on the internet.
 Bombcast thing is still a fucking shame though. Yes I'm sorry for pointing out the flaws in this, I just can't help it. It really feels like  a fuck you to the fans.
I

Balfas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384  Edited By Balfas

Awesome sites on Whiskey media and wanted to support there fine work. Plus the t-shirt is awesome.

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385  Edited By striderno9

To support a site I visit a lot. To support the hard work that goes into holding this site up. To support Giantbomb.

frsty13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By frsty13

1) I can't think of a site that's done more to justify our support.  I'd do it even if they didn't offer any perks.
2) While I can't afford the yearly sub. yet, I'm willing to drop $5 to help keep the bombcast whole.  

trixnfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By trixnfx

I've received a lot of entertainment from the staff on this site so I thought I would support them. They seem like good people.

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In all honesty, I signed up for the membership because I love Giant Bomb and the Whiskey Media family of sites, even if I don't use Anime Vice. WM is a great group of people. Also, I really like the idea of being able to download videos so I can stream them into my living room!

Jon_F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By Jon_F

When will the $100/yr Platinum and $250/yr Diamond Memberships be available?  Because I signed up for the smug superiority.

daanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By daanbro

I really enjoy what they do, also started exploring the other Whiskey media sites. They are honest hardworking people, so I thought, oh well, why not support them.

sileonex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391  Edited By sileonex

I have received constant entertainment from GiantBomb since 2008. Why not support them?

I went for the yearly subscription just cuz. Ads don't bother me, the shirt is alright I guess. The medal sure is spiffy though.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392  Edited By vitor
@SileoNex said:
" I have received constant entertainment from GiantBomb since 2008. Why not support them?

I went for the yearly subscription just cuz. Ads don't bother me, the shirt is alright I guess. The medal sure is spiffy though. "
Same here. Decided to take the plunge day one for the yearly before I even knew the feature set.  

Disappointed by the bombast decision (charging for it doesn't recoup the costs of something you were gonna keep on doing anyway - like they said, it's impossible to know how many people listen to the thing so it's doubly so to know how many took the plunge for a sub because of it. And from the looks of things on the forums, the Bombcast was a deciding factor for people to NOT join up rather than the other way around) but I respect these guys immensely and have a feeling they'll end up doing the right thing for the site.
Yalbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393  Edited By Yalbit

Honestly it was for the same reason I paid a subscription for Shacknews, I love what these sites do and I am happy to give them a little money to keep doing it. For the amount I use Giantbomb I think the price they ask is more than worth it.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394  Edited By kidman

To save the Bombcast and because it's just 5$, and i've spent far more on far shittier things.

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395  Edited By HydraHam

I committed because i support GB 110% and will continue till the day i die or the site dies.

ladygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396  Edited By ladygamer

Because I love GB and WM. I  would have done it even if I got nothing. I thought of it as payment for the last 3 years of entertainment.And hopeing for many more.
Avatar image for mightymayormike
MightyMayorMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397  Edited By MightyMayorMike

Honestly, because I think these guys are the best at covering games. I don't agree with them, but I think they take a thoughtful approach to it.

That said, really all it took was the $5 sub said "buy us a drink" and I thought "sure, I'll do that."

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398  Edited By HydraHam
@MightyMayorMike said:
" Honestly, because I think these guys are the best at covering games. I don't agree with them, but I think they take a thoughtful approach to it.  That said, really all it took was the $5 sub said "buy us a drink" and I thought "sure, I'll do that." "
I mean who wouldn't buy these fine gentleman a drink? if i saw any of them at the bar the first thing i would do is buy them a drink.
Avatar image for mightymayormike
MightyMayorMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399  Edited By MightyMayorMike
@Styl3s said:
" @MightyMayorMike said:
" Honestly, because I think these guys are the best at covering games. I don't agree with them, but I think they take a thoughtful approach to it.  That said, really all it took was the $5 sub said "buy us a drink" and I thought "sure, I'll do that." "
I mean who wouldn't buy these fine gentleman a drink? if i saw any of them at the bar the first thing i would do is buy them a drink. "
Well, at the same time, am I going to keep the subscription going? I just don't know. I work as a writer myself, and I'm very against the idea of paywalls and taking money from the readers. That said, video game journalism is its own beast, and if the readers are willing to support the site, no harm no foul. I just don't know if I'll personally be buying drinks repeatedly. Although, in person, I'd buy 'em as much as they can drink!
Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400  Edited By Lunar_Aura

I committed bcoz I liek GiantBomb. But in all seriousness, this medal's gotta go. It's tacky and it doesn't fit my avatar. grrrr....