Subscribers - Why Did You Commit?

Figcoinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#401  Edited By Figcoinc

Just because I want to support these guys. No more, and no less.

They work hard, try their best to make money without being like the other gaming sites that spam everything to us, and actually want to connect with their members. You honestly do not see that, or if you do it is very contrived type of thing. They do their best to balance business, and community. All with a very small crew in terms of the content they put out, and site management. 

So, I will put my yearly sub up in the hopes that it helps these guys grow and continue being able to continue what they have provided to us all for 3 years. I do not come for the reviews. I come for mostly the other content.

RaoulDo0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#402  Edited By RaoulDo0k

Once I get a job I'll subscribe to the site. GB and WhiskeyMedia has provided me more than enough hours of enjoyment to justify the purchase.

Fira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403  Edited By Fira

i got the year long sub, but I still believe 30$  without the shit would of been better. I've been using the site for over a year now being entertained for free by endurance runs and quick looks so I figured I would give back. However the Thursday and Friday shows don't really interest me due to my sleep/work schedule and the quest stuff is weird because it doesn't unlock anything. HD videos are nice and all but I don't really watch quick looks for graphics, I watch it for the personality that the crew brings. 

Now all that being said, Giantbomb needs more Snider in the podcast and quick looks.    

dopeskill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#404  Edited By dopeskill

First and foremost to support. There aren't a ton of things on the net worth paying for, but this site is definitely one of them. The hours of entertainment I've received from the Bombacst and quick looks are easily worth $4.16 a month compared to the relative cost of cable, netflix and other stuff I pay for. 

econoline56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#405  Edited By econoline56

These guys at Giant Bomb have been proving me entertainment over 10 years (previous site of course) so as a way to say thanks for all the good times. 
the T-shirt is a nice bonus too :)

rolento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#406  Edited By rolento

'Cause $50 ain't shit and these guys deserve to get paid for all of the entertainment they provide.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#407  Edited By LordAndrew

Whiskey Media's stable of sites have been keeping me edutained for over two years. I would have gladly given them money even if I wasn't going to get anything in return. And the subscription also comes with a bitchin' shirt, which is significantly better than nothing!

oopprraahh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408  Edited By oopprraahh
@CitizenKane said:
" Or maybe you just think Whiskey Media/Giant Bomb is so awesome and want to support their amazing website engineering and general shenanigans for the betterment of the Internet and human civilization as a whole? Let us hear your voice! "
this
jackrandom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#409  Edited By jackrandom

I like what these guys do and want to help them keep doing it.  

though the Bombcast move was, IMHO, a serious tactical error.

FancyMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410  Edited By FancyMonkey

I didn't have an account until yesterday when i signed up for a yearly subscription, and i signed up to support GB and Whiskey Media.

SilentZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411  Edited By SilentZero

T-Shirt and something to keep my sanity during work.

nikemike99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412  Edited By nikemike99

Bottom line is I get so much info and entertainment from this site.  Things like quick looks and the bombcast make my days. This site really made me more of a gamer than I ever was in the past. Not only that, but I value the way they run the site and wanted to what I could to support them. I want them to keep what I love about the site, and was willing to pitch in for it. This is the first web site I have ever paid to join, and I never even really stopped to think about it. I will be very interested to see how things go over the next year, and I hope that I don't hesitate to re-up in 12 months.
WEGGLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413  Edited By WEGGLES

Tshirt, and I would have subscribed no matter what anyways.  

Xbox Live is $50/Yr. I get a hell of a lot more out of this site than Xbox Live... so I figured it'd be worth it for me. 

And I figure I'd have no problem paying $30 to subscribe and $20 for T-shirt. So both for $50 is pretty much bang on. 

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#414  Edited By Dalai

Honestly, the T-shirt. Also, at this point I should help get the Bombcast to everyone. I still don't like that stipulation, but hopefully they can get to 5,000 soon.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415  Edited By Nekroskop

Shwag and wanting to keep the site alive

CactusJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416  Edited By CactusJack

I went yearly because I really respect all the GB people, and have really enjoyed all the content.  They've worked hard to create a video game site that is different, progressive and damn funny.  They deserve the support, and 50 bucks is now cheaper than Xbox Live for a year.  HOW COULD I SAY NO?

Nonentity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#417  Edited By Nonentity

I committed because I love Giant Bomb and Whiskey Media. Everything else was just a bonus.

semyeotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418  Edited By semyeotic

honestly, because these guys' particular brand of crazypants runs alongside mine.

Xiemos2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419  Edited By Xiemos2

i still think they shouldn't have charged more than $35 for the featureset, but i pitched in for the year to help support the guys. the bombcast situation was/is a raw deal though, no doubt about that. posting on forums from my phone is nice though :-)

Avatar image for comradekritstov
ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#420  Edited By ComradeKritstov

Because of the Bombcast hostage situation.

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#421  Edited By tomance

For this month I'm doing the monthly since I, ordered an iPod Touch, lost my phone and need a new one, and need to re up my gym membership.  Moneys a little tight so once all that gets payed I'm signing up for the year.  Mostly because I want to support the awesome whiskey sites. 

schmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422  Edited By schmitty

I love the content on giantbomb and tested and I want to see more of it!!

I love how the sites are geared toward people like me: smart people over the age of 21.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423  Edited By Diamond

Because I wanted to reward the GB crew for all they've done and for not splitting up the bombcast.

ZombieGoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424  Edited By ZombieGoff

1) "Portmanteau." Where the f^ck else am I gonna hear that word on a video games podcast? NO. WHERE. ELSE. Is where.
b) The New Yorker name check.
3) This is the first site I have ever given any money to, and I dropped the $50 without blinking.  And I have been on the internetz  A LONG TIME.  I am old. Whiskey's model is weird but f^ck it, here's a Ulysses Grant, earned a hundred times over. Smart often drunk OCD-fueled video game podcasts are this nation's greatest unsung resource.
4) Speaking of OCD: The Giant Bomb site's Quests were really outstanding for my OCD thanks thanks thanks.
vii) Thanks also for making the videos play on iPhones.
Summary: The Bombcast guys take games, and thinking about games, and talking about games, very seriously -- but they do not take themselves very seriously, and I think that's the best part. The key to being really good at something is to never think you are good at it when, in fact, you are good at it, because then you keep thinking about it as if you still trying to figure it out.  I mean, you can think you're good at it, but, you know, you should think deep down that you still suck. 
Oh also: Lincoln Force.

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425  Edited By harrisonave

Plain and simple: I love these Whiskey Media folks.  Giant Bomb brought me here, but I've fallen for the company as a whole over the last couple years.  I never signed up for a a Gamespot subscription back in the day, because Gamespot just wasn't a site I was that into.  I really was only there for the Weekly Hotspot with the guys, and once they left so did I.  I'm all for support these fellows.  

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426  Edited By doe3879

I'm not that into all the new stuffs with Whiskey media as a whole is doing, like the friday live show, HD video and such (DAMN you Bandwidth 'shake fist').  I'm just showing my support and love for Giantbomb.
then again the video downloads with mp4 instead of flv is a nice change.

I am not very font of the idea of splitting the podcast into 2 section.  At 1st I though it was gona be 2 short separate podcast but that's not the case.  
it just seem wrong to not have the entire community to enjoy the full bombcast at relatively the same time for full enjoyment and discussion.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#427  Edited By Krakn3Dfx
Just subscribed.  I did it because the podcast is free for all now up front.

Yeah, I waited til AFTER it was free.  I'm weird that way.

Doing the monthly thing, might bump it up to annual here in a month or so, but for now just going to do the month-to-month thing.
bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#428  Edited By bretthancock

I didn't want to have to wait for the Bombcast split deal, I really wanted to support Whiskey for all the great content and I was on a t-shirt shopping binge and the Whiskey one is sweet.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#429  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

Because I would have paid for the Bombcast two years ago and now I get the chance to pay for it now (and hopefully some bonus podcasts too).

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#430  Edited By sammo21
@CitizenKane:   I did it so I could support GB mainly.  The other stuff is nice and I cannot wait for my shirt!
raggedglory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431  Edited By raggedglory

I have watched enough videos on the site since it launched that I've gotten WELL over 50 dollars worth.  Hell, the persona 4 endurance run alone was over 100 hours.  If they continue making entertaining videos with stupid hi jinx and keep putting out the bombcast I will continue to support them.  Also that shirt is pretty rad, even though I will probably never wear it.

pabsi9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432  Edited By pabsi9

T shirt n cause I support GB, Tested n Screened....I spend about 7hrs on GB n man these guys are fun to watch n there's always a podcast no matter eat

thebooya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433  Edited By thebooya

Because I believe in the cause that is Giant Bomb, and all of the awesome people behind it.

thebooya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434  Edited By thebooya

And because they let me on the premises... that's worth at least $54 per year.

xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435  Edited By xshinobi

I want to support the sites I love :). Too bad I couldn't afford the yearly sub :(.

tophar01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436  Edited By tophar01

I was just gonna do a month, but the "better deal" and the t-shirt got me to get a year. 

I figured after watching all the way through both endurance runs and enjoying them greatly I figured they earned at least $5 from me.  

Also they make me laugh on a weekly basis. 

drewm135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#437  Edited By drewm135

Honestly the features are great but I did it because I wanted to support something as amazing as Giant Bomb and the other Whiskey Media sits

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438  Edited By Devil240Z

Just to show support. I have been onboard since day one. I love this site and what it stands for.