• 59 results
#1 Edited by armaan8014 (5406 posts) -

I'm making another music video after a long break, and this time it's BF:BC2. I was thinking of a different kind of a song, and I got this idea of using Radiohead's music. Currently I'm thinking of using "Street Spirit". 
Could turn out pretty cool if done properly (unfortunately my framerates haven't been helping)
 So should I use that or do you have a better suggestion? (other artists are also alright, but would prefer Radiohead for this one)

PS: I've just started the campaign, so it'll be a while before the video is out.

EDIT: Ok I kinda tried it out with Street Spirit and am pretty much bent on doing it with that only. Also, am doing two special ones on the songs suggested by Abyssful and eroticfishcake (The Thrashmen - Surfinbird and Shalamar - A night to remember :P)

Anyways, thanks to everyone for their suggestions, I'll be playing MoH after this, so those songs I didn't use for this can be used for that too. 
I'll let you know when the vids are done!

#2 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -

LINKIN PARK THEYR'E THE ONLY ONES THAT UNDERSTAND US

#3 Posted by armaan8014 (5406 posts) -
@oatz: lol
#4 Posted by SoyBob (161 posts) -

Bodies by Drowning Pool. I don't think anyone has ever used that song before for a montage music video.

#6 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Machinae Supremacy, maybe...

#7 Posted by Mesklinite (805 posts) -

Empty Walls by serge tankian
#9 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Wait a minute. 
So you won't be using this one, like so many others?! :O 
that's sad, because I like that track and it's the song that plays when my alarm goes off at morning

#10 Posted by Yummylee (21754 posts) -

#11 Edited by X19 (2306 posts) -
@armaan8014:  
Hey man I have a project to start rewriting music for youtube montage videos like this. 

Problem is in this state I can't separate the game sounds(FX) from the music track it is synced to. When you have finished the project can I ask for a version without the music already synced to it.

I started a blog a while back on the subject. 
#12 Edited by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

The best song.

And if this thread was about MW2 highlight videos, it would have been trolled to death already. Just sayin'.
#13 Posted by TheRandomKo (240 posts) -

Sub Focus - Rock It..

#14 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -
I like big butts and I cannot lie.
#15 Posted by CaptainObvious (2998 posts) -

#16 Posted by illmatic19 (964 posts) -

Let the bodies hit the floor....  
 Let the bodies hit the floor.... 
  Let the bodies hit the.... 

FLAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR1 

#17 Posted by armaan8014 (5406 posts) -

@ZeForgotten:
I thought you were gonna link me to a Linkin Park video. 
@Abyssfull:
You know, if you really want to see that song being used, I might just make an extra one just for you! Wadya say?

Oh another thing, it's clips from the single player campaign that i'll be using, not multiplayer. So it's lesser gameplay and more cutscenes basically.

#18 Posted by armaan8014 (5406 posts) -
@X19:  What exactly do you need me to do? Separate the complete audio or only the music?
#19 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11127 posts) -

#20 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
"   
"
This
#21 Posted by Nadafinga (958 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart:  Awesome.
#22 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

#23 Posted by X19 (2306 posts) -
@armaan8014: Sorry I wasn't clear. 

I don't want added music or game music all I want are the game FX(gun shots,explosions etc). 

Are you editing just SP campaign or some MP footage as well. I ask this because the multiplayer is like a blank canvas to write music on because it doesn't really relate to anything. If you are taking lots of kill edits then I just have to write something that hits all those points. The SP music on the other hand has to be more focused on conveying what's actually going on in the video footage. 

I don't mind either way just let me know what kind of thing you are going to edit. Basically is it going to be like a trailer for the SP, a multiplayer kill video or both.
#24 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@armaan8014: No way, Linkin Parks music is waaaay to slow and boring for videos filled with action and shooting of the same 3 character designs over and over again.  
#25 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

Fuck those! Go for something irrelevant! Like this little gem: 

"TONIGHT! Gonna make this a night to remember!..."
#26 Edited by JustKamToo (684 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz3Cc7wlfkI

Ride of the valkyries

#27 Posted by angelfan91 (892 posts) -

Smooth Criminal (Alien Ant Farm version)
#28 Posted by RankRabbit (394 posts) -
@eroticfishcake: wow, that's awesome. Gonna add that to my favorites list.
#29 Posted by armaan8014 (5406 posts) -
@eroticfishcake: LOL!!! Should I?
#30 Posted by armaan8014 (5406 posts) -
@JustKamToo: You gave me an incredible idea!! How about Apocalypse Please by Muse??
#31 Posted by X19 (2306 posts) -
@armaan8014:  
This is exactly what I mean.

#32 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -
@armaan8014: Why shouldn't you?!
#33 Edited by valrog (3671 posts) -
#34 Posted by armaan8014 (5406 posts) -
@eroticfishcake: I will!! I'll make TWO vids now. One just for you!
@X19:
I'm actually making a video for the SP campaign, mostly cutscenes and stuff. I can record a few minutes of MP if you want, tell me what FX you specifically want. (or should I just play normally?)
#35 Posted by IceOrb (182 posts) -
@Abyssfull: VIETNAM IS NOT OUT YET.
#36 Posted by Yummylee (21754 posts) -
@armaan8014 said:
"  @Abyssfull: You know, if you really want to see that song being used, I might just make an extra one just for you! Wadya say? Oh another thing, it's clips from the single player campaign that i'll be using, not multiplayer. So it's lesser gameplay and more cutscenes basically. "
I would love that immensely.
#37 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -
@armaan8014:  Really? Wow. That makes me so happy in certain parts of my body!
#38 Posted by armaan8014 (5406 posts) -
@Abyssfull: @eroticfishcake:  Ok so one weird video for you and one for you. This is what happens when you ask GB for advice :P
But seriously, I'll do it. Along with one with street spirit. 

/thread!
#39 Edited by X19 (2306 posts) -
@armaan8014:   

• So will your project be less of you playing the game and more of editing the existing cutscenes in to something new?  
  • When you're recording the game do you play with the music and game FX on or just the game FX? 
  • In your own project are you muting the sound from the game completely and just having the soundtrack playing? 

I don't mind doing a video for the SP campaign as long as I get the game FX in there too.  

Would be great to have a MP video as well but only if you have the time. Just play normally as I just want some practice hitting sync points. Only specifics are keep it under a minute and get some sniper shots in with the reload animation. I only say the sniper thing because they are a one shot which makes them easy to sync musical hits to. 

Thanks for helping me out I appreciate it.
#40 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -

Perfect.
#41 Posted by armaan8014 (5406 posts) -

@X19 said:

" @armaan8014:   

• So will your project be less of you playing the game and more of editing the existing cutscenes in to something new?  
  • When you're recording the game do you play with the music and game FX on or just the game FX? 
  • In your own project are you muting the sound from the game completely and just having the soundtrack playing? 

• yeah
  • I play the game normally and record, just set Fraps to not record sound
  • Yeah, it'll just be the song.
No problem! Since I've been playing a lot of BF:BC2 suddenly (MP as well) I can record a one minute scene for you. And is only the FX important or should I actually make kills in the video too?
#42 Posted by X19 (2306 posts) -
@armaan8014: Yeh definitely get some kills in. Got to keep it exciting for the punters lol
#43 Posted by Stonyman65 (2725 posts) -

Angel Vivaldi's "Through My Spine" or "the World Burning Around Me"    you can find it on Itunes

#44 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

#45 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@armaan8014:

@drag said:
" What's wrong with LEERING OBNOXIOUS HEAVY METAL MUSIC like every other youtube gameplay video?          "
Obnoxious 'heavy metal' music.. right. you could say that about anything, couldnt you ? "Whats wrong with adding an obnoxious mellow indie shit song from Radiohead or The Black Keys (or whatever they're called) ? Whats wrong with adding boring ass post-grunge rock like Nickelback or Queens of the Stone Age? Whats wrong with adding another pointless rap tune WITH A SICK BEAT ?"  yeah..

@ZeForgotten said:
" So you won't be using this one, like so many others?! "
thats sarcasm, right?  and i fucking love DT
#46 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said: 
 @ZeForgotten said:
" So you won't be using this one, like so many others?! "
thats sarcasm, right?  and i fucking love DT "
Yes, yes it was.  
I haven't actually seen it in any type of video like that ever. 
Only thing I heard it used for is LiveOnThree...
#47 Posted by natetodamax (19208 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" Whats wrong with adding boring ass post-grunge rock like Nickelback or Queens of the Stone Age?

XD
#49 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

#50 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@drag:  if u cant see the point, you're blind :P it's a pretty simple point. 
  And i can take a joke. i can take a joke so much it's ridiculous.. doesnt mean i cant discuss the idea/point of view behind the joke.  it's something the big boys do, you know, 'think', you dont have to do it. just take the joke without thinking about it's content :)