#301 Posted by ESREVER (2682 posts) -

@pollysmps: I don't know if I'm really tired too, but Bonesaw is fucking killing me.

#302 Edited by Demoskinos (14733 posts) -

YSG is dying here.

#303 Posted by PollySMPS (221 posts) -

I will not sleep after seeing that MidnaLink glitch....

#304 Edited by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

@esrever said:

@pollysmps: I don't know if I'm really tired too, but Bonesaw is fucking killing me.

I'm not even tired and I'm laughing along too. I also loved when BlueGlass yelled "we are so tired!" after the room burst out in laughter after a particularly silly joke.

I'm also currently losing it to monster-Link and the room's reaction to it.

#305 Edited by TruthTellah (8723 posts) -

Ahahaha...

And that's... Summer Games Done Quick 2013.

#306 Posted by BeachThunder (11806 posts) -

So...people are making gifs of this, right?

#307 Posted by Demoskinos (14733 posts) -

"Get prepared I'm skinny and I'm white" I fucking died.

#308 Posted by NakAttack (1289 posts) -

@demoskinos: same here. had to turn my brightness down.

#309 Posted by Demoskinos (14733 posts) -

I've totally come around on Naegleria and his stupid antics. "SHOUT OUTS TO FRAME PERFECT TRICKS AT GAMES AT 60FPS!"

#310 Posted by TruthTellah (8723 posts) -

http://images.4chan.org/vg/src/1375170171185.gif

Over $250,000!

#311 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

@truthtellah: Excellent. The automated mods seem to delete all links now so I haven't been able to see most of the gifs or the artwork that is being mentioned.

#312 Edited by Draxyle (1823 posts) -

Over $250,000!

I love the guy just walking into the room right as the madness begins.

Fantastic show back to front though, first time watching this and I'll be sure to catch every one of em from here on.

#313 Edited by TruthTellah (8723 posts) -

If you missed it, here was the silly Canadian image:

#314 Edited by TournamentOfHate (422 posts) -

Well this has been a real treat to watch over the past few days, these dudes have a ton of fun and it makes me miss the days of playing video games day and night with a group of friends that are actually in the same room with you.

#315 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Well this has been a real treat to watch over the past few days, these dudes have a ton of fun and it makes me miss the days of playing video games day and night with a group of friends.

Word!

#316 Posted by fisk0 (3999 posts) -

Missed the Dark Souls stuff, will have to catch up to it later. FFIV got amazing by the end though, and there were some really good stuff during the Twilight Princess thing too, especially the bonus stuff.

#317 Posted by Happenstance (462 posts) -

@tournamentofhate: Yeah thats one of the reasons I do the Extra Life 24 hour marathon every year, its an excuse to get together with a load of friends that I usually wouldnt see and just play games.

#318 Edited by BeachThunder (11806 posts) -

I feel like I should go back and watch previous events now.

#319 Posted by TruthTellah (8723 posts) -

BlueGlass(YSG)'s speech was simple but good.

And I echo the sentiment that it's great that everyone's welcome there. :)

#320 Edited by JJOR64 (18942 posts) -

Shout outs to all the shouts of the shout outs.

#321 Posted by TruthTellah (8723 posts) -
#322 Posted by Happenstance (462 posts) -
#323 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

MOTHER FUCKERS! Only like two people clapped for Canada!

:p

#324 Posted by TruthTellah (8723 posts) -

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#325 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Oh god. They are going to send the chat and zerg another streamer?!!

#326 Posted by Brake (1095 posts) -

You know what, shout outs to Giant Bomb duders for stepping up with some Ryan Davis love throughout this event. You guys are the best.

Awesome event overall. Can't wait for the next one.

#327 Edited by ESREVER (2682 posts) -

When does bonus stream start, and where is it gonna be. Same channel?

RIP Pie's chat experience.

#328 Posted by Draxyle (1823 posts) -

@jjor64 said:

Shout outs to all the shouts of the shout outs.

That phrase has lost all meaning for me.

#329 Posted by Demoskinos (14733 posts) -

@superwristbands: Yeah, Iateyourpie a.k.a the paper mario runner. I clicked on the link for his channel his chat blew the fuck up with 7000 people like instantly. It was fantastic.

#330 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

@demoskinos: Yeah, I'm watching it right now. It's great. I love his reaction! And his browser's reaction!

#331 Posted by TruthTellah (8723 posts) -

It's late and the stream is done...

So let's dance til we drop!

http://i.imgur.com/TCx91bV.gif

#332 Edited by ESREVER (2682 posts) -

Alright, Imma go to bed watching Pie's stream.

If there is anybody in this thread that is serious about following through with picking up speedrunning, let me know! I'll be the first to support you via hanging out in twitch with you during runs/routing.

#333 Posted by Demoskinos (14733 posts) -

Well gents I'm glad so many of you took interest in this. Had a few new people and a few people returning to watch it. Def hype for the bonus stream for the next two days apparently. Its 4:37am and holy shit I'm glad I don't have to get up until 10:30am for work at least I'll get some sleep.

Been crazy and fun. I'll have to catch up on some of the stuff I missed. And if any of you guys missed it and want even more speed run fun last weeks European Speedsters Assembly was last week and it featured some pretty great runs including Karaoke version of AdamAK's Vice City run which was pretty dope. ESA link below if anyone is interested. See y'all later!

http://www.twitch.tv/ludendi

#334 Posted by TruthTellah (8723 posts) -

#335 Edited by BeachThunder (11806 posts) -
#336 Posted by TruthTellah (8723 posts) -

If anyone missed Iateyourp1e's duet of "Old Man River" with BlueGlass(YSG), here it is in all its glory:

#337 Posted by PollySMPS (221 posts) -

iateyourpie's such a good sport. xD 3000 people zerged his channel and he had noooooooooo idea what was going on. Dumbfounded for like five minutes. I really like the guy though, so I gave him a follow.

#338 Posted by TruthTellah (8723 posts) -

iateyourp1e and Mofat confirmed that Siglemic did -not- kick BlueGlass out. Nothing like that happened. Which I'm glad to hear.

#339 Edited by TruthTellah (8723 posts) -

Also, if anyone missed the SMS run shenanigans...

http://fuuka.warosu.org/data/jp/img/0112/43/1375132214029.gif

#340 Posted by Fattony12000 (7270 posts) -

@esrever said:

Alright, Imma go to bed watching Pie's stream.

If there is anybody in this thread that is serious about following through with picking up speedrunning, let me know! I'll be the first to support you via hanging out in twitch with you during runs/routing.

I'm sure @pollysmps said something about doing some speedrunning before. Personally, having the 8th best time in a Dustforce level is the closest I've done to speedrunning :P

I've been trying to dip my toe into the scene for years, and I took the MASSIVE plunge of signing up and doing some stupid races on SRL earlier this year.

I want to do more.

#341 Edited by TruthTellah (8723 posts) -

@beachthunder said:

@esrever said:

Alright, Imma go to bed watching Pie's stream.

If there is anybody in this thread that is serious about following through with picking up speedrunning, let me know! I'll be the first to support you via hanging out in twitch with you during runs/routing.

I'm sure @pollysmps said something about doing some speedrunning before. Personally, having the 8th best time in a Dustforce level is the closest I've done to speedrunning :P

I've been trying to dip my toe into the scene for years, and I took the MASSIVE plunge of signing up and doing some stupid races on SRL earlier this year.

I want to do more.

I want to see you become the top Perfect Dark Zero speedrunner in the world.

Let's make this happen.

#342 Edited by GunslingerPanda (4692 posts) -

@esrever said:

Alright, Imma go to bed watching Pie's stream.

If there is anybody in this thread that is serious about following through with picking up speedrunning, let me know! I'll be the first to support you via hanging out in twitch with you during runs/routing.

I kind of run Bastion. I say kind of because I've been a massive slacker lately.

#343 Posted by Demoskinos (14733 posts) -

Wonder when the bonus stream is going to start. Sadly Im at work for another 6 hours or so.

#344 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4692 posts) -

@demoskinos: Don't know when it started but it's on now.

#345 Posted by JJOR64 (18942 posts) -

Bonus stream is going full steam ahead. Ninja Gaiden 1 (NES) right now.

#346 Posted by Sanity (1896 posts) -

Been watching for a few hours this stuffs really entertaining, awesome stuff.

#347 Posted by Fattony12000 (7270 posts) -

@fattony12000 said:

@beachthunder said:

@esrever said:

Alright, Imma go to bed watching Pie's stream.

If there is anybody in this thread that is serious about following through with picking up speedrunning, let me know! I'll be the first to support you via hanging out in twitch with you during runs/routing.

I'm sure @pollysmps said something about doing some speedrunning before. Personally, having the 8th best time in a Dustforce level is the closest I've done to speedrunning :P

I've been trying to dip my toe into the scene for years, and I took the MASSIVE plunge of signing up and doing some stupid races on SRL earlier this year.

I want to do more.

I want to see you become the top Perfect Dark Zero speedrunner in the world.

Let's make this happen.

#348 Posted by Fattony12000 (7270 posts) -
giant bomb dot com

#349 Posted by ESREVER (2682 posts) -

@fattony12000: I just came back to the stream after mowing in 100F weather, saw the stream and thought I was dying or suffering from some EXTREME heat exhaustion.

What all have I missed? I left at the end of MegaMan X

#350 Edited by FateOfNever (1826 posts) -

So how often do they do these charity marathons? I know there's AGDQ and (now) I know there's SGDQ, do they do any more of these throughout the year or is it just the two times?

Online