Summer Gamin'

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Another week of gaming has served to reinforce my belief that holidays are awesome and even if it's been getting so hot I've lost the ability to think straight I've still had a pretty good time this week. I've played Team Fortress 2, Rock Band 2, Metroid Prime 3 and another game I'll mention shortly but if you know me you'll probably be able to guess what it is. I have been thnking of going for the Bladder of Steel achievement on Rock Band 2 but I'm somewhat reluctant. The achievement requires that you play the entire 'Endless Setlist 2' without pausing the game and while I knew this would be a seemingly impossible task it was not until recently that I worked out quite how long it would take to play the setlist without pauses and it clocks in at over 6 hours. Even with me and my bro switching in and out between songs this is still quite the task to complete. I've still got a little voice in the back of my head telling me to go for it though, not so much for the achievement itself but just to know that I've completed the challenge.

The really exciting news for me this week however is that my limited edition copy of Halo 3 arrived as expected. Not only have I been packing in a fair bit of multiplayer since I was reunited with the game I got it I also went through all the content on the special features disc. The short film on Bungie and the Making of Halo 3 documentary were amazing to watch as a Halo fan and I'd definately recommend them to any major fan that has the limited edition version and hasn't seen them. Seeing that these people will do 12 hour shifts, will work until 3 a.m. and won't see their families or have proper meals for days it really brings home the commitment that the people at Bungie have towards the Halo projects and makes it easy to understand how they are able to produce such high quality games. There was even one occassion in the Bungie documentary in which the security guard mentioned that he has known people work 28 hour shifts in the building.

The reviews for The Conduit on the Wii also finished coming pouring in this week and from what I've seen since the games release I'm not all that surprised by the negative reaction from critics. I remember a long time ago hearing about this game and seeing how much some of the Wii fanatics were so hyped about it but I didn't really understand the appeal, what was different about this game? Was I supposed to be impressed purely because this was a traditional FPS being released on the Wii? As time went on the game didn't really start to look any better and it looks like it has turned out as a bit of a mediocre game. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against a shooter games coming out on the Wii, I thought Metroid Prime 3 and Red Steel were great, but the game just seems to generic and really doesn't look up to scratch when compared to other shooters these days. It seems that a lot of the people who like the game really are purely excited about it's an FPS on the Wii and like most people I'd much rather have a good FPS for another console than a bad one for that one.

I think I'll leave things about here this week as despite the electric fan in my room I seem to be a little bit on fire. I hope everyone else has a great summer and I'll leave you with this short but amusing YouTube video. Keep on gaming.

-Gamer_152

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Another week of gaming has served to reinforce my belief that holidays are awesome and even if it's been getting so hot I've lost the ability to think straight I've still had a pretty good time this week. I've played Team Fortress 2, Rock Band 2, Metroid Prime 3 and another game I'll mention shortly but if you know me you'll probably be able to guess what it is. I have been thnking of going for the Bladder of Steel achievement on Rock Band 2 but I'm somewhat reluctant. The achievement requires that you play the entire 'Endless Setlist 2' without pausing the game and while I knew this would be a seemingly impossible task it was not until recently that I worked out quite how long it would take to play the setlist without pauses and it clocks in at over 6 hours. Even with me and my bro switching in and out between songs this is still quite the task to complete. I've still got a little voice in the back of my head telling me to go for it though, not so much for the achievement itself but just to know that I've completed the challenge.

The really exciting news for me this week however is that my limited edition copy of Halo 3 arrived as expected. Not only have I been packing in a fair bit of multiplayer since I was reunited with the game I got it I also went through all the content on the special features disc. The short film on Bungie and the Making of Halo 3 documentary were amazing to watch as a Halo fan and I'd definately recommend them to any major fan that has the limited edition version and hasn't seen them. Seeing that these people will do 12 hour shifts, will work until 3 a.m. and won't see their families or have proper meals for days it really brings home the commitment that the people at Bungie have towards the Halo projects and makes it easy to understand how they are able to produce such high quality games. There was even one occassion in the Bungie documentary in which the security guard mentioned that he has known people work 28 hour shifts in the building.

The reviews for The Conduit on the Wii also finished coming pouring in this week and from what I've seen since the games release I'm not all that surprised by the negative reaction from critics. I remember a long time ago hearing about this game and seeing how much some of the Wii fanatics were so hyped about it but I didn't really understand the appeal, what was different about this game? Was I supposed to be impressed purely because this was a traditional FPS being released on the Wii? As time went on the game didn't really start to look any better and it looks like it has turned out as a bit of a mediocre game. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against a shooter games coming out on the Wii, I thought Metroid Prime 3 and Red Steel were great, but the game just seems to generic and really doesn't look up to scratch when compared to other shooters these days. It seems that a lot of the people who like the game really are purely excited about it's an FPS on the Wii and like most people I'd much rather have a good FPS for another console than a bad one for that one.

I think I'll leave things about here this week as despite the electric fan in my room I seem to be a little bit on fire. I hope everyone else has a great summer and I'll leave you with this short but amusing YouTube video. Keep on gaming.

-Gamer_152