Summer of Arcade '09: Seems Pretty Crappy

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By gearhead

Is it just me or does this years Summer of Arcade just seem really unappealing.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is going to be exactly as Jeff said, great for first five minutes and then boring. Also, Splosion Man and Trials HD seem just not that appealing(to me at least.) Shadow Complex looks to be the best out of the bunch, but with the guys who made Undertow making it, it seems like it could be a huge disapointment.
What do you guys think?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By TheHBK

Yeah but Turltes in time has great music, who cares if you just get 5 minutes.
But your forgetting the big part of this, this will be a great arcade summer, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and battlefield 1943?  best Arcade Summer ever!  Period.  Exclamation point!  Done.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gearhead

Battlefield 1943 does not count, as it is not part of the 'official games' being released under the Summer of Arcade title. That is not saying though that the game looks pretty good.
And Marvel vs. Capcom 2....bleh.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Bigandtasty

Summer/Fall 2008 seemed like the best time for arcade releases. Castle Crashers, HD Remix, Braid...

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#5  Edited By ArbitraryWater

It certainly isn't up to the caliber of what last year's summer was, but a bunch of people (including me for some reason) are excited for MvC2, and Shadow Complex looks promising. But yeah, everything else looks kind of dumb.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Diamond

I'm excited for Trials HD.

Last year's summer of arcade basically compromised of 3 of the best games released all year, if not THE best.  It's damn hard to compete with perfection.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By mracoon

My most anticipated XBLA game, Monkey Island Special Edition, is actually a week before the Summer of Arcade. They should have included that in this promotion instead of Trials HD.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#8  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Worms 2 Armageddon could be the only release this summer, and I'd be extremely happy.  That game alone makes this summer of arcade great.

EDIT: Never mind.  Ignore me.  Didn't look at the promotion.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By teptom

Compared to last year's Summer of Arcade every year is going to seem crappy for awhile. I'm excited for Shadow Complex though.

tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By tactis

Yeah last year was amazing I dont think we are ever gonna have another year like that(thankfully for my wallet at least lol), Splosion Man and Shadow Complex sound good to me Trails HD could be good too

Aquinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Aquinas
@TheHBK said:
" Yeah but Turltes in time has great music, who cares if you just get 5 minutes.But your forgetting the big part of this, this will be a great arcade summer, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and battlefield 1943?  best Arcade Summer ever!  Period.  Exclamation point!  Done. "
One problem with MVC2.  It's still just a fighting game.  A crazy one, sure.  But at the core, it's the same old fighting game, played the same old way, and dominated by the same small group of people.  If you don't own an arcade stick or have a SRK account, or both, it's not for you.  I have neither.