Super Fighting Brobot [SSC#14]

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

Edited By bonbolapti

Okay, so get this! You're the most bumpin' lady around right? Flashy dress, stiletto heels and a voice built for gospel music that your mom would like to cash in on. Your enemy it obviously bad music like... Brokencyde or Jimmy Ray or something. But let's take a page from Revolution X. There are people who are obviously responsible for breaking up Destiny's Child and it's got to be some sort of post apocalyptic authority from 1994. (Because that was a scary time.) But let's give the game choices, so you can choose to get the band back together. or.... let's say you don't and down the road you have to fight Kelly Rowland, because even though she's not a better singer than you she's OBVIOUSLY a better actor. What do you do? Reunite? Turn the other cheek? Renegade option beat her over the head with your Emmy and she falls out the window? Save System? Put a Ring on it. You could even Customize your Jay-Z to help support you in battle (for beginners, there's even an auto-tune assist.)

We're toying with a lot of other concepts, but this is the real meat of the game. What? You just wanted it to be a dance game? But everyone does those, it won't sell! Ask Ubisoft. They screwed up pretty bad with the Michael Jackson Experience... What? You're pulling out? We put so much money into this!

So apparently after Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon I've be hurting pretty hard to play some N64 games. But back and forth between Goemon's great adventure and Winback didn't suffice. (although I'm an hour more ahead than I've ever been in Winback.) But this coming excitement for a new Mega Man Legends 3 has made me realize that I've never played a Legends game before. SO WHAT WOULD I POSSIBLY DO ABOUT THAT?

FIGHT ON!
 FIGHT ON!

Obviously this is the part where I pop Megaman 64 into the N64 because it's no different than the Playstation version and I'm in more of an N64 mood anyway. Instantly I can tell where Lost Planet gets it's controls from, and I'm surprised those controls have gotten worse with age. *ZING* But it will suffice, because bad controllers are an amazing thing to overcome and not pussy over.

Right off the bat though, I am really digging this game. (consider that sentence to be a pun) It's interesting to see so many different versions of this one character. But it's also weird that most other versions of this one character get countless sequels while Legends is still working on it's 3 . But where could we give credit to that? Did it just not sell? This games characters(with their quirks) and story(with it's story, all cute like one of them cartoon movies) really compel a sort of fascination with where this game could go. I'm almost surprised that it didn't turn out to be a show to continue the adventures of all this cast. Really, a Legends OVA could be pretty cool.

So you happen to crash land on an island the same time a family of pirates are trying to get this awesome treasure and you take it upon yourself to stop them at every turn. OH MEGA MAN! Already I'm happy there's an upgrade system, but would be more welcome if I could just level up instead. Probably because a lot of the upgrading and item buying feels so 'out of the way.' that at most times you just forget to upgrade all together. I'm actually stuck at a part right now where ever time I play it I can never remember that I should have bought something at the store, but when I finally do remember it's far too late and there's actually no way to get out of this area because the ELEVATOR IS BUSTED. So you wander around in a state of “Oh fuck! I shouldn't have wasted that one item I have, I should have bought a backup! Hell I SHOULD have upgraded this! How COME ENEMIES DON'T DROP SOMETHING TO REPLENISH THIS! I COULD JUST DIE.. BUT I KILLED EVERYTHING, SO NOW I'M JUST WANDERING AIMLESSLY.”

So then I reset, and put it off for another day where I probably forget to do what it is exactly I need to do.

I'm a blue bomber, and this is kind of a fun game.

Because the control is what it is. This makes fighting bosses generally stupid. Maybe it could just be my lack of strafing. Maybe because Tank controls shouldn't be built for humans. I know it's a joke because Mega Man is a robot, therefore he could probably apply for a tank license if he really wanted to. I mean you have to get a license for everything else in this game! What's a small island doing with a major TV station like that anyway? Reporting on the news as pretty much everyone is well aware that the only town on the island is being attacked. PISH POSH.

Little things tocomplain about aside, this is actually a really neat game. As one who's played a lot of different Mega Man games, I really like the different-take-on-the-formula that Legends is showing me. It's a series that can be elaborated on with out the use of 6 to 8 different robot masters, and jumping puzzle after jumping puzzle. At least with my initial impression of the series with this game, I actually look forward to what happens next.

At the very least, get myself excited for when it comes out on the 3DS(hopefully with a less ridiculous control scheme.)

AND THEN SOME

The chat that is the Brain Child of your favourite TL;DL Episodes once came up with an interesting topic that I found interesting. (much like how interesting that terrible sentence is.) What are your favourite video game couples?.. and EVEN THOUGH joke answers are the best, I was very serious when I said Leon Shitkickin' Kennedy and Ada Wong. She's the tease that always fucks Leon, but it's ok because he always gets her from behind, in the end, [bum joke].

Then truth be told, I couldn't much think of any other game couple out there worth mentioning? Link And Zelda? Ico kid and the Extremely White Princess? Squall and Zell? (the odd couple for sure. /sassy) But it's an interesting topic none the less, and I'd very much like to hear the general consensus on who they think a great Gaming couple is, back it up why if you can as well.

It also was originally going to start out as a drawing challenge, because the last one went so well. But then we remembered that no hentai rule and half the fun was taken out of it. Oh well, back to the Drawing board.

But how about last weekend hey? Dirty pictures are finally being taken off the GB database, (Because Anime Vice ruined it for everyone /jkjk) Whiskey Media dies in a hellfire in the Amazon rainforest. The Playstation Network Contracts an STD that leaks out personal information. What a week to remember that your existence is a little bit flawed. The upside is, Whiskey Media handled the problem very well and Dave has a soothing voice.

Yeah, the PSN stuff is pretty fucked up and Sony is in a very bad place right now. But there's not much of my own opinion I can give, because there's nothing I can really do anyway. I don't have a credit card in that data, and now they know my name? And possibly where I live? Deep in a crowd of millions of other information that is probably juicier than my own. I'm sorry for your loss, PSN. But now I guess I will play on this Xbox right here. (or even that Wii)

Oh and... I'm going to give in and buy Minecraft. Just as soon as Paypal is good to go.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By bonbolapti

Okay, so get this! You're the most bumpin' lady around right? Flashy dress, stiletto heels and a voice built for gospel music that your mom would like to cash in on. Your enemy it obviously bad music like... Brokencyde or Jimmy Ray or something. But let's take a page from Revolution X. There are people who are obviously responsible for breaking up Destiny's Child and it's got to be some sort of post apocalyptic authority from 1994. (Because that was a scary time.) But let's give the game choices, so you can choose to get the band back together. or.... let's say you don't and down the road you have to fight Kelly Rowland, because even though she's not a better singer than you she's OBVIOUSLY a better actor. What do you do? Reunite? Turn the other cheek? Renegade option beat her over the head with your Emmy and she falls out the window? Save System? Put a Ring on it. You could even Customize your Jay-Z to help support you in battle (for beginners, there's even an auto-tune assist.)

We're toying with a lot of other concepts, but this is the real meat of the game. What? You just wanted it to be a dance game? But everyone does those, it won't sell! Ask Ubisoft. They screwed up pretty bad with the Michael Jackson Experience... What? You're pulling out? We put so much money into this!

So apparently after Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon I've be hurting pretty hard to play some N64 games. But back and forth between Goemon's great adventure and Winback didn't suffice. (although I'm an hour more ahead than I've ever been in Winback.) But this coming excitement for a new Mega Man Legends 3 has made me realize that I've never played a Legends game before. SO WHAT WOULD I POSSIBLY DO ABOUT THAT?

FIGHT ON!
 FIGHT ON!

Obviously this is the part where I pop Megaman 64 into the N64 because it's no different than the Playstation version and I'm in more of an N64 mood anyway. Instantly I can tell where Lost Planet gets it's controls from, and I'm surprised those controls have gotten worse with age. *ZING* But it will suffice, because bad controllers are an amazing thing to overcome and not pussy over.

Right off the bat though, I am really digging this game. (consider that sentence to be a pun) It's interesting to see so many different versions of this one character. But it's also weird that most other versions of this one character get countless sequels while Legends is still working on it's 3 . But where could we give credit to that? Did it just not sell? This games characters(with their quirks) and story(with it's story, all cute like one of them cartoon movies) really compel a sort of fascination with where this game could go. I'm almost surprised that it didn't turn out to be a show to continue the adventures of all this cast. Really, a Legends OVA could be pretty cool.

So you happen to crash land on an island the same time a family of pirates are trying to get this awesome treasure and you take it upon yourself to stop them at every turn. OH MEGA MAN! Already I'm happy there's an upgrade system, but would be more welcome if I could just level up instead. Probably because a lot of the upgrading and item buying feels so 'out of the way.' that at most times you just forget to upgrade all together. I'm actually stuck at a part right now where ever time I play it I can never remember that I should have bought something at the store, but when I finally do remember it's far too late and there's actually no way to get out of this area because the ELEVATOR IS BUSTED. So you wander around in a state of “Oh fuck! I shouldn't have wasted that one item I have, I should have bought a backup! Hell I SHOULD have upgraded this! How COME ENEMIES DON'T DROP SOMETHING TO REPLENISH THIS! I COULD JUST DIE.. BUT I KILLED EVERYTHING, SO NOW I'M JUST WANDERING AIMLESSLY.”

So then I reset, and put it off for another day where I probably forget to do what it is exactly I need to do.

Because the control is what it is. This makes fighting bosses generally stupid. Maybe it could just be my lack of strafing. Maybe because Tank controls shouldn't be built for humans. I know it's a joke because Mega Man is a robot, therefore he could probably apply for a tank license if he really wanted to. I mean you have to get a license for everything else in this game! What's a small island doing with a major TV station like that anyway? Reporting on the news as pretty much everyone is well aware that the only town on the island is being attacked. PISH POSH.

Little things tocomplain about aside, this is actually a really neat game. As one who's played a lot of different Mega Man games, I really like the different-take-on-the-formula that Legends is showing me. It's a series that can be elaborated on with out the use of 6 to 8 different robot masters, and jumping puzzle after jumping puzzle. At least with my initial impression of the series with this game, I actually look forward to what happens next.

At the very least, get myself excited for when it comes out on the 3DS(hopefully with a less ridiculous control scheme.)

AND THEN SOME

The chat that is the Brain Child of your favourite TL;DL Episodes once came up with an interesting topic that I found interesting. (much like how interesting that terrible sentence is.) What are your favourite video game couples?.. and EVEN THOUGH joke answers are the best, I was very serious when I said Leon Shitkickin' Kennedy and Ada Wong. She's the tease that always fucks Leon, but it's ok because he always gets her from behind, in the end, [bum joke].

Then truth be told, I couldn't much think of any other game couple out there worth mentioning? Link And Zelda? Ico kid and the Extremely White Princess? Squall and Zell? (the odd couple for sure. /sassy) But it's an interesting topic none the less, and I'd very much like to hear the general consensus on who they think a great Gaming couple is, back it up why if you can as well.

It also was originally going to start out as a drawing challenge, because the last one went so well. But then we remembered that no hentai rule and half the fun was taken out of it. Oh well, back to the Drawing board.

But how about last weekend hey? Dirty pictures are finally being taken off the GB database, (Because Anime Vice ruined it for everyone /jkjk) Whiskey Media dies in a hellfire in the Amazon rainforest. The Playstation Network Contracts an STD that leaks out personal information. What a week to remember that your existence is a little bit flawed. The upside is, Whiskey Media handled the problem very well and Dave has a soothing voice.

Yeah, the PSN stuff is pretty fucked up and Sony is in a very bad place right now. But there's not much of my own opinion I can give, because there's nothing I can really do anyway. I don't have a credit card in that data, and now they know my name? And possibly where I live? Deep in a crowd of millions of other information that is probably juicier than my own. I'm sorry for your loss, PSN. But now I guess I will play on this Xbox right here. (or even that Wii)

Oh and... I'm going to give in and buy Minecraft. Just as soon as Paypal is good to go.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By halberdierv2

the controls are one of the major things that have made me not play legends. otherwise, how is it?

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bonbolapti
@Halberdierv2 said:
"... how is it? "
you mean... i didn't cover that?
halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By halberdierv2
@bonbolapti said:

" @Halberdierv2 said:

"... how is it? "

you mean... i didn't cover that? "
that's not what I meant. don't worry I was still talking about the controls, I saw what you wrote on the game. but are the controls very naggling or can you get used to them after a while?
also, what do you think of the new characters they announced for MML3?
PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By PixelPrinny

Who is this crazy "Mega Man" character I keep hearing about? What does "Mega Man" even mean? He's mega? Mega what? Mega awesome? 

As for greatest video game couple, mine is Celes and Locke from FFVI :D Second fave would be Fei and Elly from Xenogears. Tidus and Yuna are another fave; Yuri and Estelle would be another... Zidane and Dagger were cute; etc etc.

Also yes@last weekend craziness... and on-going craziness. It's a mad world out there.
bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bonbolapti
@Halberdierv2:  You do get used to them, But Tank controls when you first start playing a game are always incredibly jarring.

@PixelPrinny: I always thought that Rockman was a cooler name, especially since you have roll, and blues, and Bass/Treble. come onnnn it was a neat theme of names.

and while I could agree that Locke and Celes were a good couple, I would argue that he was kind of like that to Terra at the beginning of the game. So Locke is kind of a hopeless romantic. and that just makes me BAWGFAW
PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By PixelPrinny
@bonbolapti said:
" @PixelPrinny: I always thought that Rockman was a cooler name, especially since you have roll, and blues, and Bass/Treble. come onnnn it was a neat theme of names.and while I could agree that Locke and Celes were a good couple, I would argue that he was kind of like that to Terra at the beginning of the game. So Locke is kind of a hopeless romantic. and that just makes me BAWGFAW "
Nah he totally didn't look at her romantically. He's just the dashing hero type who swears to protect those in danger (Kamina from Gurren Lagann was totally influenced by Locke, imo). With Celes, it was obvious that it went beyond that as the game developed and they grew closer. I think the Opera house is probably the point where it became most apparent that he saw her as more than just another friend to protect.
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By ZombiePie

This is a game and site related blog so I'm moving it to General Discussion.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By retrovirus

Minecraft will grab onto you with its blocky textures and never let go.  But you enjoy while it's doing so.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bonbolapti
@ZombiePie: right! I'll try to remember to get into that habit.

@bowlerhatguy: yeah.. I've been playing a lot of classic. so it only makes sense.