Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project M for Unprofessional Fridays

Jugg4n4ut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jugg4n4ut

With the newest version of the Brawl mod having come out yesterday, Super Smash Bros. Wii U coming out next year, and no new games coming out the rest of this year, this seems like a prime canidate for some Unprofessional Fridays action.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Wait, are you saying they go into an UPF with a plan and something that could work with out problems?

This feels very...professional to me. I can't approve.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The guys don't like Smash Bros. so I don't think it's going to happen but I'd love to see it.

Jugg4n4ut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21: if uve ever tried to set up project m on your first try, you'd know you might run into some problems lol.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jugg4n4ut: No one on Giantbomb likes Smash Bros. though, because it's not a fighting game...

I really don't get their dislike for the series.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Do I smell Giant Bomb SSBB Project M tourney?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#7 chaser324  Moderator

The guys don't like Smash Bros. so I don't think it's going to happen but I'd love to see it.

Yeah, I don't think Smash Bros. is in the wheelhouse of stuff that anyone on the crew likes. The fact that this might require some work to get up and running only serves to make it even less likely to happen.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By MooseyMcMan

The vital flaw is (like others have mentioned) that none of them care about Brawl enough to do this.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

What the hell is Project M?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ulquiokani said:

Yeah, I don't think Smash Bros. is in the wheelhouse of stuff that anyone on the crew likes. The fact that this might require some work to get up and running only serves to make it even less likely to happen.

Doesn't sound quite as difficult when compared to the New Super Mario Wii mod. Direction in the Wired article says just to download mod onto SD card and stick it in your WII. Though that would probably require a Nintendo Wii / WiiU to be in the office which might be the most difficult part of it.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

It bums me out when they play it because none of them seem to understand the appeal. I'll just play more Melee and Brawl with my friends and leave the Windjammin' to the Bomb Crew.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@mormonwarrior said:

It bums me out when they play it because none of them seem to understand the appeal. I'll just play more Melee and Brawl with my friends and leave the Windjammin' to the Bomb Crew.

Its probably really tough playing with a guy like Jeff. Jeff has a way to break down a competitive game and get really really good at it if he spends the time to do it. In all games I've seen him play competitively with other people he dominates. Only games I've seen him thoroughly beaten at where I expected him to dominate was that Warlords cash game a few years back during the Thanksgiving holidays.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Somehow I don't think they are going to play a game on a modded system.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Because let's show people how to hack this Wii U and shh don't tell anybody about it you 40 Thousand people, and here's Smash Bros, I guess. They'll get arrested, and at least CBSi, its whatever.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

The underlying assumption that anyone at Giant Bomb would ever willingly play Smash Bros seems a rather fallacious one. I just hope they'll do something other than a straight 6 hours of Windjammers for their "End of the Year" stream, maybe break out Battle Tetris Gaiden again or something.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Expect a Quick look. No more, no less.

zygoatsalami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it is versus Samurai Gunn I think Project M loses every single time on Giant Bomb.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@mocbucket62 said:

Expect a Quick look. No more, no less.

I actually expect a lot less than that, by which I mean "I expect absolutely zero mention of Project M whatsoever".

Or am I forgetting Giant Bomb's rich history of showing off mods for console games?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By circlenine

@blu3v3nom07: It's trivially easy to install the homebrew channel on both Wii and WiiU.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is an extremely small chance they will play regular Brawl let alone a niche modded version with differences they don't care about.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

Because let's show people how to hack this Wii U and shh don't tell anybody about it you 40 Thousand people, and here's Smash Bros, I guess. They'll get arrested, and at least CBSi, its whatever.

You don't even need to permanently mod your Wii to run this program. You literally just dump it onto an SD card and even a vanilla system with Brawl inside it can boot it no problem, leaving no trace once you turn the system off. It's a very clean and elegant process. The mod itself has been a very prominent in the Smash Bros. community for years at this point and like a lot of fan projects, Nintendo has actually left it alone the entire time. As long as they don't anything dumb like try to add characters from the new game or ones outside the existing roster of the first three games, Nintendo has no real reason to go after them. It's a prominent fixture at pretty major tournaments, too, so if they were gonna snuff it out, that time has passed. I really doubt they would care if anybody in the media actually streamed it.