Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

For the uninitiated this is how it works. Every weekday I'll be doing a blog on the characters that deserve a roster spot in Nintendos next character smackdown. The franchises from which I'll be taking characters can be found under the "Part 1" link. If I get good feedback, I may add or change representative characters. Characters can also be added as Assist Trophies. 

The Rules:

• No more than 4 characters per franchise (trust me, it's a hard rule to follow through with)
  • Characters have to be primarily video game characters.  (I want to add Colbert as much as you do)
  • Characters from Nintendo will go first, followed by characters from other companies
  • Characters must be major (I'm not adding Toad, or Sandshrew, or Lanky Kong. Whether a character is important enough is up to my own discression)

Part 1: Representative Franchises

Part 2: Mario Brothers

Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

Part 4: Metroid

Part 5: Starfox

Part 6: F-Zero

Part 7: Pokemon

Part 8: Kirby

Part 9: Donkey Kong

Part 10: Mother

Part 11: Fire Emblem

Part 12: Advance Wars

Part 13: Pikmin

Olimar
Synopsis: After wrecking his ship on an alien planet, Olimar met Pikmin, a strange race of plant-like creatures that seemed more than willing to do his bidding. They helped Olimar repair his ship, and later, hunted for treasure with him, without asking for anything in return.

Notable Appearances: Pikmin, Pikmin 2

SSB4 Likelyhood: 10/10

Louie

Pikmin

#1 Edited by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

For the uninitiated this is how it works. Every weekday I'll be doing a blog on the characters that deserve a roster spot in Nintendos next character smackdown. The franchises from which I'll be taking characters can be found under the "Part 1" link. If I get good feedback, I may add or change representative characters. Characters can also be added as Assist Trophies. 

The Rules:

• No more than 4 characters per franchise (trust me, it's a hard rule to follow through with)
  • Characters have to be primarily video game characters.  (I want to add Colbert as much as you do)
  • Characters from Nintendo will go first, followed by characters from other companies
  • Characters must be major (I'm not adding Toad, or Sandshrew, or Lanky Kong. Whether a character is important enough is up to my own discression)

Part 1: Representative Franchises

Part 2: Mario Brothers

Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

Part 4: Metroid

Part 5: Starfox

Part 6: F-Zero

Part 7: Pokemon

Part 8: Kirby

Part 9: Donkey Kong

Part 10: Mother

Part 11: Fire Emblem

Part 12: Advance Wars

Part 13: Pikmin

Olimar
Synopsis: After wrecking his ship on an alien planet, Olimar met Pikmin, a strange race of plant-like creatures that seemed more than willing to do his bidding. They helped Olimar repair his ship, and later, hunted for treasure with him, without asking for anything in return.

Notable Appearances: Pikmin, Pikmin 2

SSB4 Likelyhood: 10/10

Louie

Pikmin

#2 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

We are getting closer and closer to 3rd party entries(im excited!), but there are still a few more Nintendo franchises to get to. I want to know what N-properties you think should have representation in SSB4, in case I missed one.

#3 Posted by Tireyo (6413 posts) -

What to say.......Pikmin should be a good game.  I got it for my gamecube and I haven't played it yet because I lost my memory card. :(

#4 Posted by Tireyo (6413 posts) -
I didn't want to get the Wii version, because the Gamecube version is cheaper.
#5 Posted by Kinarion (378 posts) -

I really despise this character as he is in brawl.  DoTs have no place in any game purporting to be a fighter.

#6 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I was glad they added Captain Olimar to Brawl. I thought it was a good idea, and he ended up being a very unique character. I don't really think there's anyone else you can add from this series. You got Louie, who was in Pikmin 2, and Olimar's boss... but I don't think either of them could really work as completely separate characters. It'd be cool if they were available as alternate costumes for Olimar, though.

I can't really even think of any enemies from the series that could work. None of them seem to have enough depth to them for that. Looks like Olimar's the only possible Smash Brother from Pikmin for now.