Super Smash Brothers 4 Part 16: Animal Crossing

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ

For the uninitiated this is how it works. Every weekday I'll be doing a blog on the characters that deserve a roster spot in Nintendos next character smackdown. The franchises from which I'll be taking characters can be found under the "Part 1" link. If I get good feedback, I may add or change representative characters. Characters can also be added as Assist Trophies. 

The Rules:

• No more than 4 characters per franchise (trust me, it's a hard rule to follow through with)
  • Characters have to be primarily video game characters.  (I want to add Batman as much as you do)
  • Characters from Nintendo will go first, followed by characters from other companies
  • Characters must be major (I'm not adding Toad, or Sandshrew, or Lanky Kong. Whether a character is important enough is up to my own discression)

Part 1: Representative Franchises

Part 2: Mario Brothers

Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

Part 4: Metroid

Part 5: Starfox

Part 6: F-Zero

Part 7: Pokemon

Part 8: Kirby

Part 9: Donkey Kong

Part 10: Mother

Part 11: Fire Emblem

Part 12: Advance Wars

Part 13: Pikmin

Part 14: Kid Icarus

Part 15: Ice Climber

Part 16: Animal Crossing

Tom
Tom
Synopsis: The helpful shopkeeper of the players hometown is the person(?) who builds your home and allows you to stay in it until you pay off your sizable debt. He is known for having a wide selection of goods that vary from day to day. Oddly enough, as the player pays off his debt, Toms shop becomes nicer and nicer...

Notable Appearances: Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing Wild World

SSB4 Likelyhood: 2/10

Crazy Redd
Crazy Redd

Creature: 

All the Animal Crossing Folk

Have a favorite character in Animal Crossing? Well Imagine him running across the stage with every other Animal Crossing resident! This could either do every animal that has been in the games or could potentially read your animal crossing data and just use the residents of your town.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ

For the uninitiated this is how it works. Every weekday I'll be doing a blog on the characters that deserve a roster spot in Nintendos next character smackdown. The franchises from which I'll be taking characters can be found under the "Part 1" link. If I get good feedback, I may add or change representative characters. Characters can also be added as Assist Trophies. 

The Rules:

• No more than 4 characters per franchise (trust me, it's a hard rule to follow through with)
  • Characters have to be primarily video game characters.  (I want to add Batman as much as you do)
  • Characters from Nintendo will go first, followed by characters from other companies
  • Characters must be major (I'm not adding Toad, or Sandshrew, or Lanky Kong. Whether a character is important enough is up to my own discression)

Part 1: Representative Franchises

Part 2: Mario Brothers

Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

Part 4: Metroid

Part 5: Starfox

Part 6: F-Zero

Part 7: Pokemon

Part 8: Kirby

Part 9: Donkey Kong

Part 10: Mother

Part 11: Fire Emblem

Part 12: Advance Wars

Part 13: Pikmin

Part 14: Kid Icarus

Part 15: Ice Climber

Part 16: Animal Crossing

Tom
Tom
Synopsis: The helpful shopkeeper of the players hometown is the person(?) who builds your home and allows you to stay in it until you pay off your sizable debt. He is known for having a wide selection of goods that vary from day to day. Oddly enough, as the player pays off his debt, Toms shop becomes nicer and nicer...

Notable Appearances: Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing Wild World

SSB4 Likelyhood: 2/10

Crazy Redd
Crazy Redd

Creature: 

Have a favorite character in Animal Crossing? Well Imagine him running across the stage with every other Animal Crossing resident! This could either do every animal that has been in the games or could potentially read your animal crossing data and just use the residents of your town.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Tireyo

I'm waiting for your next post! :D  Don't know much about Animal Crossing.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AgentJ
Tireyo643 said:
"I'm waiting for your next post! :D  Don't know much about Animal Crossing."
Yeah, the mystery is killing you isnt it? Here's a hint: if you look at the list of the series I have already done, and the series coming this week, and you look at me, you'll notice that there is a glaring absence.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Tireyo

: - / I'll have to find out tomorrow to see what your up to! :D  The hint ain't helping me that much. lol.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By teptom

A stampede of every animal in the games as an  Assist Trophy. Nook can be in front yelling something about debts being paid.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
Shini4444 said:
"A stampede of every animal in the games as an  Assist Trophy. Nook can be in front yelling something about debts being paid."
That is a fantastic idea! Consider it added!
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By BoG

YES. I want Nook to be a Smash Brother so badly it hurts. I endorse this post.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By ZombiePie

This is... hands down the best of all your Super Smash Bros posts. The image of Tom Nook hitting guys with bags of bells... that is a truly awesome image!

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By inkeiren

I'm sorry but I don't think there is any chance of Redd being in SSB4, even as an alternate costume.

However, your idea of Nook being a character is really neat.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgentJ
BoG said:
"YES. I want Nook to be a Smash Brother so badly it hurts. I endorse this post."
So what do you think of having Redd as an alternate costume?
ZombiePie said:
"This is... hands down the best of all your Super Smash Bros posts. The image of Tom Nook hitting guys with bags of bells... that is a truly awesome image!"
Good to hear. Im glad you enjoyed it!
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgentJ
sidescroller said:
"You are still missing a page for Punch Out :("
You should click on the entry before this one, which would either be ice climbers or icarus, and go to the bottom of the OP. Itll tell you what you want to know
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Confirmed Elite Beat Agents for tomorrow.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AgentJ
Arkthemaniac said:
"Confirmed Elite Beat Agents for tomorrow."
I haven't given any confirmation! Thats just rumors and speculation!
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Nook is a must. I like the whole idea of Nook being a very dangerous dude underneath the surface. The way he keeps the people of his town indebted as his servants. It would be so awesome to see him fighting. Redd as an alternate costume isn't such a bad idea. They are both shop-keepers afterall. I hope we see this happen.

I also really like your idea of having the game read your memory card and have your own villagers appear. That would certainly be cool, but considering you only have like 10-12 villagers or so, maybe it could get repetitive. Perhaps it'd be better left at random, I'm not entirely sure though. There's also plenty of other characters in the series that could make some great cameos. Like Katrina the fortune teller, or the police dogs Copper and Booker. I'm also supportive of the idea of just having a standard looking Animal Crossing character who uses the tools in the game as his weapons. That might interfere with Nook's arsenal, but I'm sure they could come up with some fitting, unique attack moves for him.