Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

For the uninitiated this is how it works. Every weekday I'll be doing a blog on the characters that deserve a roster spot in Nintendos next character smackdown. The franchises from which I'll be taking characters can be found under the "Part 1" link. If I get good feedback, I may add or change representative characters. Characters can also be added as Assist Trophies. 

The Rules:

• No more than 4 characters per franchise (trust me, it's a hard rule to follow through with)
  • Characters have to be primarily video game characters.  (I want to add Batman as much as you do)
  • Characters from Nintendo will go first, followed by characters from other companies
  • Characters must be major (I'm not adding Toad, or Sandshrew, or Lanky Kong. Whether a character is important enough is up to my own discression)

Wario
Synopsis: Wario is, in many ways, the antithesis of Mario. He's rude and greedy, and rarely seems interested in doing something for someone elses benefit. On the other hand, like Mario, he has never been seen plumbing anything, and seems to get himself caught up in unusual non-sequiter activities.

Notable Appearances: Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, Wario Land, Warioware: Mega Microgames

SSB4 Likelyhood: 9/10

Classic wario
Waluigi

#1 Edited by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

For the uninitiated this is how it works. Every weekday I'll be doing a blog on the characters that deserve a roster spot in Nintendos next character smackdown. The franchises from which I'll be taking characters can be found under the "Part 1" link. If I get good feedback, I may add or change representative characters. Characters can also be added as Assist Trophies. 

The Rules:

• No more than 4 characters per franchise (trust me, it's a hard rule to follow through with)
  • Characters have to be primarily video game characters.  (I want to add Batman as much as you do)
  • Characters from Nintendo will go first, followed by characters from other companies
  • Characters must be major (I'm not adding Toad, or Sandshrew, or Lanky Kong. Whether a character is important enough is up to my own discression)

Wario
Synopsis: Wario is, in many ways, the antithesis of Mario. He's rude and greedy, and rarely seems interested in doing something for someone elses benefit. On the other hand, like Mario, he has never been seen plumbing anything, and seems to get himself caught up in unusual non-sequiter activities.

Notable Appearances: Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, Wario Land, Warioware: Mega Microgames

SSB4 Likelyhood: 9/10

Classic wario
Waluigi

#2 Edited by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

- -
 -    I think he should be somewhere in the Mario Franchise instead of actually having his own game mentioned.  It's like mentioning Luigi's one game.  Luigi's Mansion.

Since you already made this, let me help contribute.  He was also in Wario's Woods on both the NES and SNES.  He was also in Wario World for the Gamecube.  Also, he has in Super Mario 64 for the DS.

#3 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Didnt i mention enough games that he's been in? He has two franchises all to himself! I just kind of pointed out some of his notable games. He's been in a ton of games with his name in the title, unlike Luigi.

#4 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

Well. I see what you did and it does make sense.

#5 Posted by BoG (5187 posts) -

Ti, I'm pretty sure that Sakurai only justified Wario's appearance because of the WarioWare games. That's why he had the WarioWare costume primarily, and his stage was WarioWare.