Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

For parts 1-24 click here

The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality

Bomberman
Bomberman
Synopsis: Everyone loves blowing things up. Bomberman just loves it more than others. He's been trying to trap his friends in a blinding flash of gunpowder and shrapnel for more than 20 years
Notable Appearances: Bomberman, Bomberman Online, Bomberman: Act Zero, Bomberman Blast
SSB4 Likelyhood: 4/10
#1 Edited by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

For parts 1-24 click here

The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality

Bomberman
Bomberman
Synopsis: Everyone loves blowing things up. Bomberman just loves it more than others. He's been trying to trap his friends in a blinding flash of gunpowder and shrapnel for more than 20 years
Notable Appearances: Bomberman, Bomberman Online, Bomberman: Act Zero, Bomberman Blast
SSB4 Likelyhood: 4/10
#2 Posted by StarFoxA (5140 posts) -

Running out of franchises, huh?

#3 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
StarFoxA said:
"Running out of franchises, huh?"
No, just doing the most likely first. Honestly, Im suprised Bomberman WASNT in Brawl. Ive got weeks worth of content to get through
#4 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
sidescroller said:
"Ha, alt costume should be his Act Zero costume.Y'know, for kicks."
I was totally thinking that. You want it?
#5 Posted by StarFoxA (5140 posts) -
AgentJ said:
"StarFoxA said:
"Running out of franchises, huh?"
No, just doing the most likely first. Honestly, Im suprised Bomberman WASNT in Brawl. Ive got weeks worth of content to get through
"
Really? I would never expect Bomberman to be in Super Smash Bros. He doesn't seem like the kind of character that would fit in Super Smash Bros.
#6 Posted by Rinkalicous (1339 posts) -

The link to the megaman blog doesn't work for whatever reason.

Now that's said, is Bomberman a franchise that originated on a nintendo console? I'm so ignorant about bomberman, never ever touched one, and don't really want to either.
#7 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

Louie - Bomberman's pal - is pretty cool.  He would be a trophy though.  There needs to be a Bomberwoman. :D

#8 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Yeah, Bomberman would fit right in. I'd definitely like to see him in the next one.