AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ
For parts 1-25 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality

Viewtiful Joe
Joe
Joe
Synopsis: Joe is thrust into superstardom when a movie villian kidnapps his girlfriend and his favorite movie hero enables him to rescue her. He is overly obsessed with movies, which may explain his ability to fast-forward, rewind, and pause time, among other movie-themed powers. 
Notable Appearances: Viewtiful Joe, Viewtiful Joe 2
SSB4 Likelyhood: 2/10
Alternate Costumes:
Sylvia
Sylvia

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ
For parts 1-25 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality

Viewtiful Joe
Joe
Joe
Synopsis: Joe is thrust into superstardom when a movie villian kidnapps his girlfriend and his favorite movie hero enables him to rescue her. He is overly obsessed with movies, which may explain his ability to fast-forward, rewind, and pause time, among other movie-themed powers. 
Notable Appearances: Viewtiful Joe, Viewtiful Joe 2
SSB4 Likelyhood: 2/10
Alternate Costumes:
Sylvia
Sylvia

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Viewtiful Joe was awesome, but in SSB4 I doubt.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AgentJ
MasturbatingBear said:
"Viewtiful Joe was awesome, but in SSB4 I doubt."
Yeah, I only gave him a 2/10 chance, but he'd be fun
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

Viewtiful Joe is a necessity for every game.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, this is getting a bit out of hand. Seriously, what could Mr. Henshin-a-go-go add to the game? What significance did he hold for Nintendo? Viewtiful Joe was a good game, just not one worthy of getting in the next game.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
Video_Game_King said:
"Wait, this is getting a bit out of hand. Seriously, what could Mr. Henshin-a-go-go add to the game? What significance did he hold for Nintendo? Viewtiful Joe was a good game, just not one worthy of getting in the next game."
Hey now, did you forget this is all for fun? Im not saying that these characters will make it, but I am essentially making a list of characters that should be in a brawl befitting all of gaming, while still putting an emphasis on Nintendo. There will be quite a few more of these non-nintendo characters.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King
AgentJ said:
"Video_Game_King said:
"Wait, this is getting a bit out of hand. Seriously, what could Mr. Henshin-a-go-go add to the game? What significance did he hold for Nintendo? Viewtiful Joe was a good game, just not one worthy of getting in the next game."
Hey now, did you forget this is all for fun? Im not saying that these characters will make it, but I am essentially making a list of characters that should be in a brawl befitting all of gaming, while still putting an emphasis on Nintendo. There will be quite a few more of these non-nintendo characters.
"
But still, I was expecting some sort of practical use. I can picture Mega Man, but not Viewtiful Joe. Just kinda weird, even if he would logically fit in better.
rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By rinkalicous

IMO, Viewtiful would work very, very well in brawl. You could pretty much lift his moves straight out his game and they'd fit.

Henshin-a-go-go baby!
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Even though I found Viewtiful Joe to be an unbelievably annoying character, I've been pushing for them to put him in Brawl ever since they started putting in third-party characters. His fighting could be suited to the series very well. I'm not fully sure how his special moves could fit in, though, unless they were done as final smash moves. He can't just stop every enemy with a pause attack as a normal special move. Perhaps he could have a self-rewind move that could last for like 2 seconds to be used as a recovery move to prevent him from being knocked off the level, but I think that would be way too easy to misuse, so I'm gonna rule that one out. So then I guess the only one of those that could work would be a fast-forward move that would let you go nuts on your opponents for 10 seconds and beat on them in hyperspeed while they're stuck in slow-mo.

I think alternate costumes could include Joe in his street clothes, Sylvia, and Joe's hero Captain Blue.

DavidMain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By DavidMain

Viewtiful Joe and Silvia would be good characters to put in.  Joe and Silvia would have to rely on their ability rather than just the power of the V watch to fit. 

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By rinkalicous

Epic bumpage there, DavidMain.

These blogs were great. I used to look forward to them whenever a new one was coming.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgentJ
@Rinkalicous said:
" Epic bumpage there, DavidMain. These blogs were great. I used to look forward to them whenever a new one was coming. "
It makes me happy to hear that, especially since there will be a very awesome update coming in the near future.