Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ
I'm proud of myself for making it this far
For parts 1-39 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality

Soul Calibur
Siegfried / Nightmare
Siegfried / Nightmare
Synopsis: Siegfrieds tale is a tragic one. As a young boy he learned how to use his giant sword by training with his father, but when his father was killed Siegfried sought out greater power in order to take revenge. After getting his hands on the Soul Edge, he became corrupted by the sword, turning into Nightmare, until he was able to free his mind many years later. 
Notable Appearances: Soul Blade, Soul Calibur, Soul Calibur 4
SSB4 Likelyhood: 2/10
Nightmare
Nightmare

Mitsurugi
Mitsurugi
Synopsis: This highly popular samurai character is based on the real life Musashi. Mitsurugi's motive for finding the Soul Edge is to overcome the use of rifles against the samurai. 
Notable Appearances: Soul Blade, Soul Calibur 2, Soul Calibur 3, Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny
SSB4 Likelyhoo
d: 1/10

Wishful Thinking:
Talim
Talim
Taki
Taki
Ivy
Ivy
Kilik
Kilik

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ
I'm proud of myself for making it this far
For parts 1-39 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality

Soul Calibur
Siegfried / Nightmare
Siegfried / Nightmare
Synopsis: Siegfrieds tale is a tragic one. As a young boy he learned how to use his giant sword by training with his father, but when his father was killed Siegfried sought out greater power in order to take revenge. After getting his hands on the Soul Edge, he became corrupted by the sword, turning into Nightmare, until he was able to free his mind many years later. 
Notable Appearances: Soul Blade, Soul Calibur, Soul Calibur 4
SSB4 Likelyhood: 2/10
Nightmare
Nightmare

Mitsurugi
Mitsurugi
Synopsis: This highly popular samurai character is based on the real life Musashi. Mitsurugi's motive for finding the Soul Edge is to overcome the use of rifles against the samurai. 
Notable Appearances: Soul Blade, Soul Calibur 2, Soul Calibur 3, Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny
SSB4 Likelyhoo
d: 1/10

Wishful Thinking:
Talim
Talim
Taki
Taki
Ivy
Ivy
Kilik
Kilik

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BoG

Personally, 3D fighting games that aren't Tekken bore me. They lack the depth of 2D fighters.

Morpher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Morpher

To be completely honest I can't imagine Soul Cal characters being in SSB4 and I can't make suggestions on 3rd party characters because I grew up playing mostly Nintendo games and therefore am not knowledgeable about 3rd party characters, but what would really be funny is if they added Marvel and DC heroes to the game.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Link was in SCII... maybe it's time for SC to return the favor...

Siegfried/Nightmare seems like an ideal choice here, though I'm not really very partial to Siegfried. However I do think Nightmare is awesome. Yeah, yeah, I know it's the same dude. Hmm... I guess it's been a while since I've played an SC game, but it seems to me like there's quite a few notable omissions here. I could be wrong about that, though. I'm totally going to have to rule out the girls from SC. They're kind of "adult" for Smash Bros.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgentJ
TheGreatGuero said:
Link was in SCII... maybe it's time for SC to return the favor...Siegfried/Nightmare seems like an ideal choice here, though ... [more]
After Mitsurugi, the only ones i were taking seriously were Kilik and Yoshimitsu, and Yoshi still has a shot at my list : ). I'd love to have Talim in but that would never happen
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Who's the new female character with spear + shield (maybe not shield) that I saw in some PSP soul calibur screens? She looks awesome.

@Guero: Zero Suit Samus isn't too different. Just add some more clothes on the Soul Calibur chicks and they're good. Well, in Soul Blade and Soul Calibur they used to be more clothed... Ivy's alternate official costume, Xianghua being all cute Xiaoyu style instead of oversexualised...

Tekken+depth, lol... SC is about equal (so not very) and VF owns both together, being too deep for most to even understand and enjoy.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgentJ
Al3xand3r said:
Who's the new female character with spear + shield (maybe not shield) that I saw in some PSP soul calibur ... [more]
You're talking about HIlde, one of my favorite new characters (she doesnt have a shield, but she's the only new character with a spear). 
I've never been a fan of virtua fighter, mostly because the characters interested me as much as something that doesnt interest me. 
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

Yeah, Hilde then. Hilde's awesome. Being Namco I expected some Seung-Mina knock-off like Kilik was but her moves actually look awesome, and, well, speary. I'll probably dip into SC PSP thanks to her, having not been compelled to play any new SC game after the first.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AgentJ
Al3xand3r said:
Yeah, Hilde then. Hilde's awesome. Being Namco I expected some Seung-Mina knock-off like Kilik was but her moves actually look ... [more]
Yeah she is pretty different than Sueng-Mina. Most of her spear moves are one-handed, and her horizontal attacks are almost all swipes with the dagger in her other hand. And she is pretty much the only female character that doesnt bare midriff. Or almost any skin other than her face.