This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Miniman (59 posts) -

Here's why SuperMooseman and Disgaeamad were banned from GiantBomb.com. Take it as you will, but remember we've got nothing to hide and no reason to do so.

SuperMooseman
* I joined the mod IRC channel under the nick 'MattyFTM_'. Obviously I knew they'd know it was me because they recognise my IP stuff. Here is the chat log from that:
[20:29] MattyFTM_> hey all
[20:30] Hamz> Quick question
[20:30] Hamz> What is the title of Snide's welcome topic for you?
[20:30] MattyFTM_> "yo matty, welcome to da fucking black market son"

I was then kick banned.

* In a thread congratulating MattyFTM on his modship, MB said that Matty made a great addition to the team. For a laugh, I decided to call MB out and say that he hated Matty really. MB then deleted my posts and PMed me, questioning me as to what I was playing at. Obviously assuming I'd started something, I just sent vague-ass responses such as "I think you know" and so on. MB then insulted me by telling me to go "pound sand down a rat hole", so I complained publically to both TheBeast and Hamz in the GB IRC.

To sum it up, here is a direct quote from Hamz as to why I was banned:
<Hamz> Disrupting the community by stirring the pot, impersonating Moderators, trying to slander specific moderators, impersonating the Staff, revealing private and confidential information, spreading rumours with the sole purpose of causing damage and drama to the community.

Disgaeamad
* He sat in the mod IRC for a while under the nick of lord-of-ultima. He was accused of leaking information. He didn't.  

Source

Discuss.

#2 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Uhhh....isn't this going to get locked as well? I don't know if this will fix it due to TheBeast's explanation on the last one.

#3 Posted by _Phara0h_ (889 posts) -

This is whack, please someone with a sense of humour and the authority to unban him NOW...

#4 Posted by Fallen189 (4944 posts) -

Oh wow, this thread again! Reported.

#5 Edited by _Phara0h_ (889 posts) -
@RHCPfan24: can you link that thread?

Edit: post the link of that thread?
#6 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -
@THAfara0 said:
" @RHCPfan24: can you link that thread?  Edit: post the link of that thread? "
Here.
#7 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

If they were banned, then there was an obvious reason for it.  Making threads isn't gonna bring them back

#8 Edited by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

I think you might get in trouble if you keep making threads like this...

EDIT: whoops, they're different people.

#9 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

You'll be banned next if you make threads like these.

#10 Edited by _Phara0h_ (889 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
"

If they were banned, then there was an obvious reason for it.  Making threads isn't gonna bring them back

"
If you read the post it will explain that the reason. And if you have any empathy you will think this is a bit harsh and maby a warning ore a temporary banning would be more in line than a permanent banning.

@Scooper said:

" You'll be banned next if you make threads like these. "

Wow that would be even more lame then the reason for banning SuperMooseman and Disgaeamad
#11 Posted by Jensonb (1722 posts) -

For the record, neither Moosey nor Dis has a problem with this being discussed. This is not a privacy issue.

#12 Posted by Hdfisise (137 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
"I think you might get in trouble if you keep making threads like this... "

I like these threads
#13 Posted by Mikemcn (6959 posts) -

Dangerous thread bud

#14 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@Jensonb said:
" For the record, neither Moosey nor Dis has a problem with this being discussed. This is not a privacy issue. "
I don't think it's them, I think it's more of the mods not wanting all these "spam" threads, kind of like how they don't like threads about gamespot.
#15 Posted by Jensonb (1722 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @Jensonb said:
" For the record, neither Moosey nor Dis has a problem with this being discussed. This is not a privacy issue. "
I don't think it's them, I think it's more of the mods not wanting all these "spam" threads, kind of like how they don't like threads about gamespot. "
The Beast's explanation for locking the other one was "respect the privacy of these users"
#16 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@Jensonb said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @Jensonb said:
I don't think it's them, I think it's more of the mods not wanting all these "spam" threads, kind of like how they don't like threads about gamespot. "
The Beast's explanation for locking the other one was "respect the privacy of these users" "
Why do you believe that? As far as I'm concerned if someone is perma banned they aren't a user anymore.
#17 Posted by zitosilva (1838 posts) -
@Jensonb said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @Jensonb said:
The Beast's explanation for locking the other one was "respect the privacy of these users" "
Indeed, but I have a feeling this will be locked anyway. Not that I think it should, but it probably will.
#18 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -

We simply don't discuss moderation issues on the forums, this is no different from how it has ever been - bans have always been considered a private issue between moderators and the user in question. 

If you have an issue with moderation you can contact us directly and where possible, we will answer your questions and take feedback on board.

#19 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -

If one thread exactly like this gets locked you must expect this to get locked. Which means that you're either an arse or a little bit stupid. Bitching like this is not going to get the two of them back.

#20 Posted by PufferFiz (1376 posts) -

So is this The Cover up?