SUPERSWEEP

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Edited By sweep  Moderator

This has been a really shitty week for me. More than anything this has soured my perspective and sapped my enthusiasm, which has prevented me from both blogging and gaming. Fuck it, i'm going to try and power through.

NEWS!!

I turned 21 last Sunday; my 21st birthday present was a complete monster of a computer from my parents. If anyone is interested, it has:
  •  Intel i7 920 cpu
  • Asus P6T motherboard
  • Antec 900 case
  • 1.64 TB hard drive
  • 6GB RAM
  • Nvidia GTX 275

No Caption Provided

I'm now one of those dickheads who takes great pleasure posting pictures of his "rig" online.
Though to be fair, it does look fucking LUSH.

I haven't got a cooler yet, I ordered one but it didn't work with the motherboard like they said it would, so I got refunded. There was also a complete screw-up where the entire thing didn't work the first few times we put it together and my friend told me there was a problem with the motherboard - we sent it back to be tested but was then told there was no problem with it and I was going to have to pay ANOTHER £40 to get it returned. What a bitch.

This is my first real gaming PC so I'm kind of overwhelmed by it. At the moment i'm playing Champions Online, Batman: AA and (as of RIGHT NOW, thanks to the royal mail) Team Fortress 2 - though I have been told this badboy can handle anything I choose to throw at it, so stay tuned. I might be one of those smug bastards who installs Crysis just for the hell of it, just because I can. 

Champs Online handle: @Sweepchompschamps
Steam ID: Sweep360

add me please :D

SWEEP TO THE RESCUE!!

I just realised I have spent the last week parading around as a superhero... weird.

No Caption Provided
Batman is awesome. It's amazingly satisfying gradually stalking and picking-off your targets, watching them slowly freak out. I really like the decision to make Batman more vulnerable to gunfire, it makes your exploits much more strategic as you negotiate your environment. Negotiate with extreme fucking prejudice. I have to say I thought the scenario with the Scarecrow was fucking incredible, it really blew me away. The joker has been perfectly visualised, I can now understand why people like him so much as a villain - that dude is genuinely hilarious, and his bizzare contrast of up-beat positivity and brutal violence makes him unpredictably brutal and entertaining in equal measure. Giving him control of the announcement system is great, you get to hear him natter away to all his guards - creates some great atmosphere. I'm really enjoying my time in Arkham.

No Caption Provided
Champions Online is.... interesting. It's weird experiencing an MMO at such an early stage. The game is obviously playable, but lacks a large layer of polish and composure. My main gripe with the game is, at the moment at least, it's just too easy. I'm running around completing every quest i'm given almost instantly simply by dropping into a group of enemies and tapping the Fire Strike attack repeatedly until they are all dead. I don't know if this is because my dude is just a badass (unlikely) or if it's because i'm still too early in the game to experience the group content but at the moment there ain't much Multiplayer in this MMO. There is a lot of novelty in watching other random superheroes running about performing bizzare superhero tasks, but one does tend to become weary of dudes in ridiculously convoluted power armour. I went for the more traditional skin-tight leather uniform on my main, but I also have a Jackal-Headed Samurai in reserve.
I don't know how long i'm going to stick with Champs Online, as it is definitely falls well below the unreasonably high bar placed by World Of Warcraft. I'm tempted to try Aion Online, but I might wait for some reviews.

SNIDE IF YOU ARE READING THIS PLEASE REVIEW SOME OF THE MMO's YOU HAVE BEEN PLAYING!!!

Anyways, that's all for now.
Thanks For Reading
Love Sweep
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator

This has been a really shitty week for me. More than anything this has soured my perspective and sapped my enthusiasm, which has prevented me from both blogging and gaming. Fuck it, i'm going to try and power through.

NEWS!!

I turned 21 last Sunday; my 21st birthday present was a complete monster of a computer from my parents. If anyone is interested, it has:
  •  Intel i7 920 cpu
  • Asus P6T motherboard
  • Antec 900 case
  • 1.64 TB hard drive
  • 6GB RAM
  • Nvidia GTX 275

No Caption Provided

I'm now one of those dickheads who takes great pleasure posting pictures of his "rig" online.
Though to be fair, it does look fucking LUSH.

I haven't got a cooler yet, I ordered one but it didn't work with the motherboard like they said it would, so I got refunded. There was also a complete screw-up where the entire thing didn't work the first few times we put it together and my friend told me there was a problem with the motherboard - we sent it back to be tested but was then told there was no problem with it and I was going to have to pay ANOTHER £40 to get it returned. What a bitch.

This is my first real gaming PC so I'm kind of overwhelmed by it. At the moment i'm playing Champions Online, Batman: AA and (as of RIGHT NOW, thanks to the royal mail) Team Fortress 2 - though I have been told this badboy can handle anything I choose to throw at it, so stay tuned. I might be one of those smug bastards who installs Crysis just for the hell of it, just because I can. 

Champs Online handle: @Sweepchompschamps
Steam ID: Sweep360

add me please :D

SWEEP TO THE RESCUE!!

I just realised I have spent the last week parading around as a superhero... weird.

No Caption Provided
Batman is awesome. It's amazingly satisfying gradually stalking and picking-off your targets, watching them slowly freak out. I really like the decision to make Batman more vulnerable to gunfire, it makes your exploits much more strategic as you negotiate your environment. Negotiate with extreme fucking prejudice. I have to say I thought the scenario with the Scarecrow was fucking incredible, it really blew me away. The joker has been perfectly visualised, I can now understand why people like him so much as a villain - that dude is genuinely hilarious, and his bizzare contrast of up-beat positivity and brutal violence makes him unpredictably brutal and entertaining in equal measure. Giving him control of the announcement system is great, you get to hear him natter away to all his guards - creates some great atmosphere. I'm really enjoying my time in Arkham.

No Caption Provided
Champions Online is.... interesting. It's weird experiencing an MMO at such an early stage. The game is obviously playable, but lacks a large layer of polish and composure. My main gripe with the game is, at the moment at least, it's just too easy. I'm running around completing every quest i'm given almost instantly simply by dropping into a group of enemies and tapping the Fire Strike attack repeatedly until they are all dead. I don't know if this is because my dude is just a badass (unlikely) or if it's because i'm still too early in the game to experience the group content but at the moment there ain't much Multiplayer in this MMO. There is a lot of novelty in watching other random superheroes running about performing bizzare superhero tasks, but one does tend to become weary of dudes in ridiculously convoluted power armour. I went for the more traditional skin-tight leather uniform on my main, but I also have a Jackal-Headed Samurai in reserve.
I don't know how long i'm going to stick with Champs Online, as it is definitely falls well below the unreasonably high bar placed by World Of Warcraft. I'm tempted to try Aion Online, but I might wait for some reviews.

SNIDE IF YOU ARE READING THIS PLEASE REVIEW SOME OF THE MMO's YOU HAVE BEEN PLAYING!!!

Anyways, that's all for now.
Thanks For Reading
Love Sweep
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Hamz

I post pictures of my rig to young girls over the internet everyday, it is awesome. Nuff said.

Like I told you before that PC is fairly badarse and you must install Crysis and then complain that your new PC does not run it at 60fps on super high settings at ridiculously large resolutions. You must also explain why you bought TF2 via retail and not through Steam, it seems absurd to do this. Absurd I say. We will obviously go Medic + Heavy combo in a game one day while OmegaPirate runs around as a melee Sniper and Casey is all "BURN BABY BURN!" with his Pyro skillz. It will be awesome, it will be brilliant, it will be memorable.

How are you finding the controls for Batman: AA on the PC? I personally can't stand them that much, I feel a gamepad would make it so much easier. But then again not being able to reconfigure controls in-game does make me less inclined to keep remapping them to find a more suitable key layout.

My brief time with Champions Online taught me one thing, the game has potential but it likely won't ever be used. It is an easy MMO and not one that has strong emphasis on grouping with other players. You're meant to be the superhero who gets all the glory on their own, so few quests really require mass grouping. The Fire powerset is pretty much all offensive damage so it may be a mixture of easier combat situations or that you've just picked a nice build for your character. I know in the Open Beta practically everyone had Pyre due to its sheer badassery.

Somewhat saddening that you get into PC gaming weeks after I begin to get into console gaming more. Like ships passing in the night we are Sweep.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

my pc totally looks identical!
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

'gratz

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Oni

Your PC can handle anything, yes. And goddamn it I love you Sweep but it annoys me when people are still like LOL CRYSIS IS SO KERAZY. It isn't. Any decent comp these days can handle Crysis on Medium or High (DX9) quite easily. Not to mention, it's a GREAT FUCKING GAME, not just a tech demo. Play it, indeed.

Also, Batman, yes, Sandman, wut? I think you mean Scarecrow dude. But yeah AA is so far my game of the year.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude

Even your Steam ID gets some 360 love, lovely.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sweep  Moderator
@Oni said:

"Sandman, wut? I think you mean Scarecrow dude. "

My bad. I'm a spidey fanboy ;)

@Hamz said:

"You must also explain why you bought TF2 via retail and not through Steam, it seems absurd to do this. Absurd I say.   "

My bro bought it for me for my birthday. He's only little, he doesnt have a steam account ;)

How are you finding the controls for Batman: AA on the PC? I personally can't stand them that much, I feel a gamepad would make it so much easier. But then again not being able to reconfigure controls in-game does make me less inclined to keep remapping them to find a more suitable key layout.

I keep pressing F by accident and swinging up to the rafters. There are a lot of cool stealth options I think i'm missing out on, I havent yet used any of the grates in the floor. My main frustration with the game is how god-like detective mode is. You can play the whole game that way and it's so much easier. It's almost patronising.

Somewhat saddening that you get into PC gaming weeks after I begin to get into console gaming more. Like ships passing in the night we are Sweep.

I'm getting CoD:MW2 on 360, Left 4 Dead 2 on PC. From now on all valve games, RTS and MMO's are on PC. I'm going to stick with my 360 for everything else. DON'T FRET LITTLE HAMZ!!
Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Oni

I'm serious though, you should totally play Crysis, it's really really fun. Warhead, not so much, just get the original.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Awesome rig man, I used to be more of a PC gaming but now I'm more towards my PS3.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By eroticfishcake

Well Happy Birthday then! Also, nice PC.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LiquidPrince

Good stuff. Congratulations on turning 21.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

I think I've seen the exact same set up being sold at YoYo Tech in London. 

Happy Birthday, enjoy your new PC.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Scooper

That's a sweet 'rig' bro. Happy 21st, too.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By crunchUK

man i wish i had a vastly powerful PC... as it stands MAI XBOX IS LIEF

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Red12b
@Sweep:
Good man, And happy birthday duder, 

I am 21 this month also, Apart from a big-fuckoff party I am going to throw, I think it's just another day, 

Is that sad? 

Have a good one sweep, And enjoy your Kickarse PC
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16  Edited By natetodamax

God, I wish I had a gaming PC.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Binman88

Congrats. You should definitely play Crysis and Warhead - I found Warhead ran alot better than the original Crysis, and also felt it was a more concise gameplay experience.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By Tireyo

Well, I haven't had a good week either. : - P

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Oni
@Binman88: I honestly can't understand how one can prefer Warhead over the original. Unless you absolutely hate linearity and need to be told where to go at all times. What is it that you thought was better about Warhead? I'm legitimately asking here, not starting a flame war.
Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Binman88
@Oni said:
" @Binman88: I honestly can't understand how one can prefer Warhead over the original. Unless you absolutely hate linearity and need to be told where to go at all times. What is it that you thought was better about Warhead? I'm legitimately asking here, not starting a flame war. "
Hmm, I wouldn't say I really prefer one over the other. I found Warhead better in some places than the original but obviously lacking some of the mission depth and also being a much shorter game (albeit at a lower price point). It's been a while since I played both, but I enjoyed both games immensely and remember finding Warhead a little bit more fun in my experience.
Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jeffsekai
@Sweep said:

You have the same case as me! :D
VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points