#1 Edited by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

I know, I know, we all hate advertising in all forms.

But, we all love Giant Bomb.

Thus, I have personally decided to click on ads occasionally just to get those stats up.  I clicked on a few of the Gears 2 ads.  It took me to the Xbox.com Gears 2 page.  It literally only took a second of my time, and somewhere out there a number in a database went up, and someone became more inclined to give Giant Bomb money.

Consider this a sort of grassroots fundraising campaign, but instead of donating directly, we're donating indirectly.

:)

EDIT

Do what Jayge says:
"Click on them once or twice a week, but no more. Most ad providers have anti-abuse clauses written into their little agreements. To violate that would cost GB their ad revenue."
#2 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

I love them here, in fact (not to sound like the tools that I hate so much) the ads kinda make me want to get Gears 2. I've been on the fence about it for quite some time and due to the poor reviews so far of Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, Gears of War 2 might take WoS' place on my Christmas list. =P

#3 Posted by jakob187 (21758 posts) -

/signed

I approve of this message.
#4 Edited by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

I've tried to click on the Gears ads when I see them, but I just did it twice and the page it is linked to didn't work. :/

#5 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Click on them once or twice a week, but no more. Most ad providers have anti-abuse clauses written into their little agreements. To violate that would cost GB their ad revenue.

#6 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"I've tried to click on the Gears ads when I see them, but I just did it twice and the page it is linked to didn't work. :/"
Well, Microsoft is new to this whole "internet" thing.
#7 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

Vax, keep the srs kitty avatar and stop changing it all the time!

#8 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Click on them once or twice a week, but no more. Most ad providers have anti-abuse clauses written into their little agreements. To violate that would cost GB their ad revenue."
Will do
#9 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -

No problem.

#10 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"I've tried to click on the Gears ads when I see them, but I just did it twice and the page it is linked to didn't work. :/"
This happened to me too, but when I tried the second time it worked. Now I don't see them anymore at all. o__O
#11 Posted by StaticFalconar (4850 posts) -

If spending an extra second of my life a week is what it takes to keep the lights on at GiantBomb and Feed Jeff's MK addiction, I'll do it.

#12 Edited by breton (1437 posts) -

Yeah, I'm sure GiantBomb needs the ten people who visit the forum to click the ads.

Awww, and then you really show your love for this site by abusing the rating system.

#13 Posted by Omega (836 posts) -

I was a little worried about the ads when the site first launched.

How intrusive will they be?
Will they be on every page?
Am I gonna get redirected to an add page every time I visit, like every other game site?

I'm happy to see that they're done very well and don't hurt the look of the site in any way.

But even if the site was plastered in ads I'd still come here without complaining, its such a well designed site.

#14 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -

i don't know about you guys but i'm here because i hate giant bomb and only want to look at my hentai games @.@

I kid of course. 

#15 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

No one clicks on ads for anything...ever.  Why should it be different here?  Number of clicks doesn't get you more money.  More users does.  Take the Gears ad on the screen for me right now.  I would bet a large amount of money that clicking on that ad wouldn't tell me anything I didn't know about Gears.

#16 Posted by adam_grif (1144 posts) -

I still haven't seen any ads.

#17 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

DAMMIT GRIF YOU'RE NOT LOOKING HARD ENOUGH.

#18 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

clubsandwich approves this message. :)