• 53 results
#1 Edited by Gabriel (4063 posts) -

They said it would be on of Sony's first party studios and a surprise, most people have been saying Infamous 2, Killzone 3, or Resistance 3. But I was thinking what would be more surprising than a new Syphon Filter game on PS3? 

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-484914.aspx

#2 Posted by Jeffsekai (7034 posts) -
@Gabriel said:
" They said it would be on of Sony's first party studios and a surprise, most people have been saying Infamous 2, Killzone 3, or Resistance 3. But I was thinking what would be more surprising than a new Syphon Filter game on PS3? 

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-484914.aspx "
None of thous games would be a surprise for a sequal.
#3 Posted by Gabriel (4063 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @Gabriel said:
" They said it would be on of Sony's first party studios and a surprise, most people have been saying Infamous 2, Killzone 3, or Resistance 3. But I was thinking what would be more surprising than a new Syphon Filter game on PS3? 

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-484914.aspx "
None of thous games would be a surprise for a sequal. "
Syphon Filter would, well to me at least haven't seen a console one since PS1 days.
#4 Posted by Yummylee (21789 posts) -

Final Fantasy 15!!???!!"£$%
#5 Posted by xyzygy (10008 posts) -

Demon's Souls 2? Japan Studio helped with that game, I'm pretty sure.

#6 Posted by animateria (3253 posts) -

Huh, is there anything in the PS or PS2 era that Sony can revive?

#7 Posted by mikeeegeee (1565 posts) -

Powerstone redux?!

#8 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Er... new Sly Cooper game? 
Please?

#9 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

the next halo game

#10 Posted by ahab88 (240 posts) -

Beach Head 3?!?!?!

#11 Posted by Godlovesugly (276 posts) -

Overblood 3

#12 Posted by Ataxia (130 posts) -

back to the future: the game
#13 Posted by Jeust (10680 posts) -

Uncharted 3!

#14 Posted by Suicidal_SNiper (949 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" Uncharted 3! "
That would be super suprising! 

>.> 
<.<
#15 Posted by swamplord666 (1760 posts) -

my best guess would be resistance 3. We ALL know that's coming this year. Killzone 3 would be an interesting and welcome surprise and Infamous, for some reason, would feel like it's too soon.

#16 Posted by Soap (3596 posts) -

Little Big Planet 2? They did just buy Media Molecule like, 3 days ago after all.  
#17 Posted by CountRockula (398 posts) -

I feel like Resistance 3 is most likely at this point, but that wouldn't be especially surprising.  Maybe the game itself is just surprisingly different in some way from previous iterations.

#18 Posted by Talesavo (131 posts) -

What they deem as a surprise(to bring in traffic, mind you) and what the general public perceives as a surprise are vastly different.

#19 Posted by Jeust (10680 posts) -
@Suicidal_SNiper said:
" @Jeust said:
" Uncharted 3! "
That would be super suprising!  >.> <.< "
LOL it would for the people who really liked the game and elected it GOTY last year.
#20 Posted by Nasar7 (2704 posts) -

New Warhawk would be cool.

#21 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

nothing they announce will be surprising... we all know resistance 3 is being made, same for infamous 2. And most assume a KZ3 is being made...i guess a KZ3 would be somewhat surprising...but not really. Its like calling Gears 3 for 360 surprising :P

#22 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -
@Soap said:
" Little Big Planet 2? They did just buy Media Molecule like, 3 days ago after all.   "
Good point, but I can't imagine them making another LBP for at least another 2 years, just because the whole point was that there would always be new levels.

inFAMOUS 2 would be my guess
#23 Posted by j_drace (353 posts) -

inFAMOUS was a good game, however I don't think it deserved all the praise it got.  I hope it's either Uncharted 3 or Killzone 3.  I wouldn't mind another LBP either.

#24 Posted by Andorski (5331 posts) -

Starhawk or I don't care.

#25 Posted by NakAttack (1289 posts) -

twisted metal. thats all im  gonna say

#26 Posted by fillmoejoe (1469 posts) -

4xtreme

#27 Posted by AuthenticM (3739 posts) -

If it's really a surprise, I go with Siphon Filter. Else it's Resistance 3.

#28 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -

Heavy Snow?

#29 Posted by Drebin_893 (2918 posts) -

LittleBigPlanet2. 
I say this purely because Sony just purchased Media Molecule.

#30 Edited by dankempster (2253 posts) -

They're reviving The Getaway 3. I'm callin' it.

#31 Posted by Cynic04 (124 posts) -

My guess..  the headline is a lie and the sequel is Twisted Metal.

#32 Edited by Icemael (6326 posts) -

Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease be a new WipEout. 

Or at least inFamous 2. If they fix the all those little annoyances the first one had, it could be fantastic

A new Siren could be pretty awesome, too.

#33 Posted by evanbrau (1162 posts) -

A new WipEout would be rad. I would also welcome a new Syphon Filter but all the games since two have been dreadful so I dunno about that.

#34 Posted by Soap (3596 posts) -
@girdz said:
" @Soap said:
" Little Big Planet 2? They did just buy Media Molecule like, 3 days ago after all.   "
Good point, but I can't imagine them making another LBP for at least another 2 years, just because the whole point was that there would always be new levels.  inFAMOUS 2 would be my guess "
True, unless it was like Rock Band 2, started as an update but ended up being worthy of a full fledged sequel.
#35 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

The only thing that would be a surprise to me is Heavenly Sword 2, and that would be awesome. 

#36 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" Final Fantasy 15!!???!!"£$% "
lulz. This.
#37 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

all of the games the OP stated are too big for this, and would be saved for E3.  
this is going to be something pretty cool, im sure. 
But Sony is saving the big ones for E3.  
Everything is up in the air but Sony is ready for the best E3 show ever. Last years was by far the best Content-wise, MS had the best entertainment - wise though, so I'm sure sony is going to make their E3 far more tv-friendly. So SONY clearly has the upper hand right now and i expect them to have a spectacular show this year. 

#38 Posted by tomte (291 posts) -

Persona 5 maybe... 
Could also be Mirrors Edge 2, i havn't seen that game confirmed yet and it might be a PS3 exclusive, Valkyria Chronicles 2 would also be a surprise

#39 Posted by Jeust (10680 posts) -

Maybe it's Deadly Premonition 2!!!

#40 Edited by Sanj (2404 posts) -

I'd love for it to be Persona 5, but that is unlikely since GTTV would never hype a sequel to a niche JRPG. It would have to have either guns or bald american men...so my bet is Infamous 2.

#41 Posted by PenguinDust (12533 posts) -
@CountRockula said:
" I feel like Resistance 3 is most likely at this point, but that wouldn't be especially surprising.  Maybe the game itself is just surprisingly different in some way from previous iterations. "
I agree with this comment.  I was not a fan of the single player campaign of Resistance 2, but I feel of all the known Sony brands, this is the one that is most "due" for a sequel.  Hopefully, the developers will return to what made the first one more unique than the follow-up. 

Personally, I am more interested in seeing the Mass Effect 2 Hammerhead in action.  I'll watch GTTV on the internet Friday since I never bother to say up 'til 12:30 to see it on TV.
#42 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1330 posts) -

It's probably resistance 3, I could see a new infamous someday, but its too early maybe next year. Although a Sly Cooper game would totally kick ass.

#43 Posted by EVO (3914 posts) -
@Black_Rose said:
" The only thing that would be a surprise to me is Heavenly Sword 2, and that would be awesome.  "
Yep, that's what I'm hoping for. But Heavenly Sword seemed like it was made just to tide the God of War fanboys over.
#44 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

Resistance is obvious because of what happened previously with the last one (announced on GTTV sometime before GDC). Starhawk is also obvious given that they recently had that sale and all this other stuff. 

Personally I want Starawk.

#45 Posted by pakx (922 posts) -

Heavenly Sword 2 is my guess.

#46 Posted by chrissedoff (2116 posts) -

new jak game

#47 Posted by ozzdog12 (861 posts) -

Probably Resistance 3

#48 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Really hoping this is inFamous 2.  Aside from Uncharted, it's easily my favourite game on the Playstation. 

Resistance would be very disappointing..  I spent a lot of time before the release of the second one saying that it was going to be the big FPS series for the PS3, and not Killzone.  And I'll gladly admit that I was wrong about that.  The first was a pretty solid FPS, but Resistance 2 was woeful.  Nothing about a third game could possibly excite me.

#49 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

I'm calling it, new Dino Crisis game.

#50 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

InFamous 2 would be a surprise, since it only came out last year.